Saturday 14th July 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics are: 'I'll sing it one last time for you.'

An early hint .Not the Bay City Rollers. They will be being used in future...image

What: Nothing so far. Run or cycle later.

Why: To be honest my legs are heavy. Walked Geordie though.

Dry again

Back later

All the best o thos eracing.

Comments

• Morning.

You seem to be building the distance well Pammie.

Blisters - tired legs definitely adversely affect my swimming.

Dry here at the moment but more torrential rain yesterday and it rained overnight.

What:              LSR
    Why:               I have a marathon in October
    Last hard:        it may be hard finding a non flooded route again
    Last rest:         11/6

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH

Athletics on bbc1 from Crystal Palace today at 2pm

• It's miserable and grey here in Lincolnshire! Which marathon are you doing in October? I am doing Chester.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning, and welcome Scott.

Lyrics: no, I'm not allowed to (if I am correct with the lyrics)

What: I think that will be a no as well
    Why: both calf and Achilles don't seem to have enjoyed the swim (and I didn't do a great deal either.

Beautiful here in the north-west: it won't last for long, though!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I am struggling with motivation this morning! Can't get out of bed!!! Running a 5k tomorrow with wife and son. Son is keen, wife far from keen, oh well, see how that pans out........
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all,.

Despite saying yesterday was a rest day I got fidgity and went out for a 10 mile ride.  Weather held out.  Got soaked on way back from pub though later in the evening.

What: probably nothing

Why: Dad is coming to stay so not much time.

Raining here all morning, hope it goes away soon, I have washing to do!

Ale hope the calf/achilies stops misbehaving enough for something gentle tomorrow.

Hi Scott

Have a good one all

• Scott;Welcome, good to have you with us.

• Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome
  • Off swimming, well there will be splashing, taking mini me, so a good bit of father/son bonding
  • Welcome Scott. I'm doing Abingdon in October.

Alehouse - swimming isn't good for the achilles - you need to use a pull buoy and not push off from the wall with the affected leg.

birkmyre - thanks for the heads up - may settle down in front of that shortly.

emzap - we've had a dry day so far - but as my washing is nearly finished I'm expecting the rain to resume shortly..............

Where's Paddy? He signed up for the OW swim club and hasn't been seen!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Off out with son and wife for a couple of miles. Swimming was bedlam! I won the length under water competition though! Well, he is only 13!!!!!
  • Lyrics? hmm, that'll be a no then.

Welcome aboard Scott. Just keep posting your daily training and it all helps to motivate the others to get out the door.

Persisting it down this morning, and there were only 6 assembled for the bike ride. Then one started having mechanical issues, so dropped out and we just had 5. It rained, it was wet, we had spray, and even a full width flood to ford. But, this was more like a Group 3 ride, nice and steady, which was great for my legs. Best of all, we stopped for coffee and cakes at Upton on/in Severn. There was apparently a tri- there today, starting with a river swim. No WAY! The river was the colour of chocolate, but with whole trees being swept down it at frequent intervals. It wasn't even fully inside its own banks.
    Anyway, we did 47 miles, 3:30, with the coffee and cake stop, that made me happy.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Scott - Welcome

Haven't been on for a couple of days

Friday was 6.5m to HR
    Sat Am - Parkrun in 19:32 + 3.75m
    Sat Pm - 6.5m to HR

Long run planned for tomorrow

Take care

• G'day I have been training!!!

Sorry LMH - didnt mean tpo alarm you

2k swim d&d followed by 12 mile run incl 6 x 1 mile

Not quite in the OW club yet. Wetsuit procurement not as straight forward as I hoped. More expensive than i expected too. I went to the shop and enquired about wetsuits. Then they opened two doors to show me the "pool of infinity". They wanted me to jump in with wet suit on. Great service I thought but i wasn't ready for it - I needed swim kit for under the wetsuit. Will call back this week tooled up.

Nice double ther RFJ incl a Park Run.

Longish cycle tomorrow follled by a short run (I believe its a brick).

Nice cycling Blisters! Nice snack too.

Well Scott

• Evening

What rest day
    Why early start
    Lyrics possibly

Yesterdays lyrics way 'Gimme Shelter' by The Stones man.

Off to bed for my LSR tomorrow.

• Paddy, try TriUK website. i'm seriously lookin there for a first timers ex-hire 50 quid jobby. Nobody has told me of horror stories, only that if you pay more you get more.