Running buddy Norfolk?

I'm currently doing C25K and am looking for some local 5ks to sign up to at the end for motivation! I'm definitely going to do the Park Run in Norwich, as it's free but have been looking at some paid for events, just to get a different feel/atmosphere. 

However, currently I don't run with anybody and was just wondering if there was anyone local who would be interested in doing either the Park Run or another race with me? Or if you have any suggestions for good races that would be awesome! My intention after completing the C25K is to progress to 10K so any 10K races also appreciated image

For more info (if you're interested, lol) see my blog:

http://misswheezy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/want-to-do-5k.html

Thanks! image

Comments

• My advice is just go along to the parkrun. You will soon meet people and make friends and some of them will be in the same situation as you. Others will be more experienced and can help you improve.
    I go to my local one most weeks and the support i have recieved from the start has been great!

• Hi Beki, I've currently just started week 2 of C25K, and as a bit of motivation have already got my barcode for future Park Runs at Fritton Lake (a little nearer to me than the Norwich one but I think you can do any Park Run once you have your barcode), and have just signed up today for the 5k Race for Life in Norwich on Friday 5th October (I shouldn't be at the end of C25K until the week after really, but figured a week's difference wouldn't kill me, and am doing that with friends so the ol' girlie spirit should help!).

Am up for doing the Ipswich fun run 5k and/or the Poppy run in October if you're looking for a bit of company for those though? image

• Hi Beki, I'm not sure how long the C25k plan is and how soon you'd like to push up to 10k, but there is a 10k event along Marriotts Way in October which I've heard is very good. There's also a 10k event which is held every Easter Sunday at Trowse which was the first event I completed (I loved it!), however that's quite some time away so I'm sure you'll do a few events before that!

I just had a quick search for events in Norfolk and there is one in Holt on October 1st and it's a bargain at £5 image

I have been to Norwich Park Run a few times (I should go more really!) and I enjoy it, so I could bump into you up there at some point!

Good luck with your training image

• Hi everyone! Thanks for the replies image It's really great to know there are other people out there in a similar situation. 

I should be finishing the C25K the first week of October, if all goes to plan so will try and make it to the Park Run in Norwich around that time- will let you know in case I might see you there! image klstevens- I didn't realise there was one at Fritton Lake too, would love to give that a try as well. I believe once you've registered you can attend any Park Run event in the country provided you have your barcode. Pretty good setup really!

Thanks for the suggestions for other events too- will definitely look up the Race For Life and the Holt race- is that a 5K? I'd just like to have a few goal races to aim for as a bit of motivation! 

Good luck with your running and maybe see you at the Park Runs sometime soon image 

• am doing that with friends so the ol' girlie spirit should help!).

http://www.liveforexchart.info/g.gif

• BekiC wrote (see)

Holt race- is that a 5K?  

Yes it is - Barningham Hall 5k ish Run

• Thanks Budgie11- sounds like a lovely location! 

• Let us know how you get on with everything, I'm sure you'll do great! image

• Just a quick update to say I've signed up for the Norwich Race For Life Twilight 5k, so if anyone is running that I might see you there! Really excited to have something to aim for, even if I'm feeling a bit nervous about it! Running 5k still seems a little unbelievable atm even though my progress seems to be going well...

Have got my barcode for the Park Run too, so it's all starting to seem real that I can actually do this! image 

• Well done Beki - I'm number 130 in the Race for Life, so say hi if you happen to come across me image - I'll be one of the (many) with flashing pink lights in my hair lol.  Am doing it with a group, most of whom aren't training and have never run anywhere at all, so there will be lots of walking breaks I feel, but hey, its for charity!

Looking to do a proper parkrun the Saturday after the RFL though - will probably do the Fritton one to start I think - less people witness my wheezy leaden-legged first proper 5k run image

Karen

• Thanks Karen image I'm number 169 so will keep my eye out for you! Did my first 20min non-stop run yesterday- pretty chuffed with that! Was really warm out though. 

I'm intending to do Park Run after the RFL as well, good luck with it!

• I have my first non-stop 20 minutes this Friday image - will see how it goes.  Managed to run over a nail this morning - right through my trainer but luckily I felt it and didn't put my foot all the way to the floor - could have been rather nasty!  Was on my own driveway so can't even blame anyone else lol.

• Heya, Hope the training is going well - Race for Life tomorrow so just wanted to say Good Luck! I may see you, but i imagine there's going to be quite  alot of people there! Anyway, will keep my eye open, and have fun image 

• Thanks Beki - hope you did ok at the Race for Life too and had a great time! Am really pleased - ran the whole thing and finished under 36 minutes which had been my goal for my first 5k.  I usually run in the morning so found an evening run like that quite hard going but the girlie spirit definitely helped! image

• Congrats! I must have been just behind you- ran the whole way and finished in just under 37minutes! - again, a really good time for my first 5k, and I loved the atmosphere image 

Keep on with the running!