Options

Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Options

Totally disagree - I know I get up everyday and go out but the idea of running for hours on an end no way. I sould have been a (slow) sprinter!!!

• Options

Grendel - Thats not a bad idea! Whats the time for an age graded 5000m? image

• Options

Well that was fun really nice chilly 5k through the woods with B2B didn't bother with the week 6 I will do that later in the week but I did manage a PB for the 5k a whole 19 seconds off image

November miles 7.18

• Options
    Well done mummysaurus

i also battled the cold wind and rain for 4.5 mile
  • Options

Just looking at those records B2B....Mens mile record for an 80 year old....6:26:6.....I'm not sure i will ever run a mile that quick!

• Options

Bloody hell, 36 and I can't beat an 80yr old man either...... Not at running anyway, Scrabble maybe

• Options

lol yeah I know!! Maybe I shouldnt have posted that?! image

Nice to see I could beat a 100 year old man at a marathon though....I feel like a winner! image ha ha ha

2013 - 599.1

• Options

Hmm just looked back, I need to to another 100 miles to just beat last year. 

• Options

Well done Kev

Well we wont talk about my times.....I read the other day about my 5k time being beaten by a 3 year old out running with his mum..................going off to sulk....

B2B you haven't added your November miles? and I know you have done some

• Options

Well B2B you are doing 34 miles on your birtdhay in December so actually you only need to do 66!!!!

Another day another 6, and a completely different type of run, yesterday, I moved smoothly, quickly flowing like  rivers to the sky and I didn't want it to end, and yet today every last minute was an effort, I was never more than half a mile from home running up and down local side roads, doing loops into and out of the wind, actually ran an estimated 6.58 miles as at one point I stopped my garmin for reasons I won’t go into and forgot to start it, retracing my steps revealed an approximate .29 of a mile.  Was glad to get home this morning and to tuck into a bowl of Kelloggs honey loops or something which we had bought for my son and who didn’t like them – Waste not want not (not sure what that means but it seems to apply!!)

• Options

mummysaurus - yeah the 599.1 is for the year image

Grendel - Arse. I was hoping you had forgotten I had said that ha ha ha! Better get training then eh?!

I havnt had honey loops for ages! 

• Options

I have, I've got a whole box of the bl**dy things

• Options

Feel your pain Grendel, I've got to eat a whole box of Bear Alpha Bites, multigrain, organic and totally rejected by Small 1&2 ........Despite the fact that they pestered me into buying the stuff in the first place!

• Options

off to google Bear Alpha Bites!!!

• Options

Flavoured with coconut blossom nectar.....

no wonder it was rejected!

• Options

tired, tough, wet, windy, hilly 10 mile last night. Crashed hard at 8 miles for some reason, guess I was just hungry.

Legs feel pretty thrashed today, they havnt felt like this for a while...then again I have done very little over the last month so it is to be expected image

2013 - 609.1

• Options

Straight into a 10 after nothing all month and after a hard day at work no wonder you crashed, well done for keeping it going.

Gammineez, sounds revolting!!!

4 miles done this morning got to 2 iles and decided to turn round and try and run the second half quicker which I did by 2 minutes - that will do nicely.

• Options

Gammi & Grendal good luck with the cereals they sound eeeerrrmmm yumimage

Nice running Grendal

B2B I knew I wore you out on Tuesday, nothing to do with the hillsimage save some legs for Sunday

Gym for me today to do a run or I may have to go to the pilates class that I keep putting off.......decisions decisions

• Options

thinking about it, I did do a 10 on friday, 5k tuesday then the 10 yesterday...just adjusting I guess.

Mummysaurus - I will be there, thrashed legs or not! image

• Options

The cereal sounds disgusting lol!

Well done Grendal!

Doing good mummysaurus and B2B!

Well i'm well chuffed tonight as I've realised my fitness hasn't dropped quite as badly as I had thought! I went for a swim (first one in 6 weeks) and managed 42 before my back started hurting, so that wasn't too bad. My lungs felt like that had a work out.

I couldn't be bothered tonight but really wanted to give it a go, so I put deep heat on my back and put my support belt on and went out with the intention of 3.7miles...but ended up running 4.8 non stop!! Think the swim kick started my cv again. My legs ache a little and my back, but i'm sure my legs will be alright tomorrow, and as for my back..whats new? lol

Before the crash I had booked to do the Grand Union Canal half for this Sunday. Up until today I wasn't sure whether I would be able to do it, but I think I maybe able to..even if I have to run walk some/most of it?! I know I wont get my PB which originally I was aiming to and likely to get, but I feel if I don't at least try (no matter what time I get) then the crash (and the stupid bint who drove into us) would have won!..which I don't want to allow! Does that seem really silly?

• Options

Morning all

Havent posted much but been reading the posts and you are all doing great - well done to you.

I have had a virus that's zonked me out, and have been a bit down lately and its all contributed to just one run this month last Friday. Its really dark early here and have to pick routes with street lights. I am disappointed not to have been out and feel I have let the group down.!!

But feeling better and this time will be out tonight - just run how I feel no distance planned. So be back later

Once again well done all good running

Lest we forget

• Options

Lisa only you know whether your back will holdf up for 13 miles whether it is run/walk or run. I know what I would do if I was in the same position, I also know what I would advise others to do (yep different things!) so just take care not to put yourself further back. 

Glad you are feeling better 330 - and enjoy tonights run.

Did 6 this morning, which is getting to be the standard now.  For some reason I decided to go inland away from the coast which entails a bit of a drag upwards and getting to the foot of the 'hill' decided to hit it hard which I did, the pace didn't abate much after that and ran 3 miles straight out and enjoyed the downhill back home again - overall a nice brisk run things are, touch wood, going a bit well!!!!  

• Options

Thanks Grendel good to see your doing well with the marathon build up

I paid for my marathon place - now no one can I do it next years but will deffer. Cant let the place go as they are like hens teeth.

Could kick myself as was doing so well and the weight was coming off. So out tonight - how far I am unsure

But one thing I do know is I need this thread for my "runing partner" so be back on later - hopefully feeling OK !!

Lest We Forget

• Options

Lest we forget

With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
    Britain mourns for her dead across the sea.
    Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
    Fallen in the cause of the free.

Solemn the drums thrill; Death august and royal
    Sings sorrow up into immortal spheres,
    There is music in the midst of desolation
    And a glory that shines upon our tears.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
    Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
    They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
    They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
    They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
    They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
    They sleep beyond England's foam.

But where our desires are and our hopes profound,
    Felt as a well-spring that is hidden from sight,
    To the innermost heart of their own land they are known
    As the stars are known to the Night;

As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust,
    Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain;
    As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness,
    To the end, to the end, they remain.

• Options

Morning All,

Good Luck for Sunday Lisa if you decide to go for it,

Welcome home 330

Grendal you are such an inspiration image

I really enjoy all your race reports and running adventures so today, I have a little tale of my own if you don't mind me taking up a bit of space? I have posted it on my blog but I know a lot of people don't like to click links so I thought you might like to read it here...........Long Post Warning feel free to ignore:

How my day began, Let me set the scene.........

It's 4.15am I haven't slept, hubby has been snoring almost non-stop I say 4.15am but it may have been later it's just that was the last time I remember looking at my watch and thinking.........I could put that pillow more comfortably round his head!  

I had an important project at work to do today and was feeling more than a little stressed. This was not helped by knowing that before I could even go to work, the dog needed to go to the vets for some blood tests oh joy.........the vet was delayed and so by the time I got to work I was running very late, tired and to cap it all when I dropped the dog off at home,  I had forgotten to change out of my jeans into my office clothes.

As the day dragged on I was really ready to just go home and curl up in front of the TV but I knew I needed to go out and run the week 6 repeat 2 session or I wouldn't get the last run of 25 minutes in for week 6 this weekend. I didn't want to run in the dark on my own, so headed to the gym, the treadmill would have to do. 

Arrived only to find that the gym was full of 14-15 year olds  It must of been some school fitness incentive. I almost turned around to leave, but groaned inside and headed to the treadmills. Most were already being used so I ended up over by several young lads messing around trying to walk backwards, or get two of them on the same treadmill. After a quick glare at them as only a mother can, I set my ipod to the highest volume and started my warm up walk, out of the corner of my eye I could see the lads taking the mickey out of me they were obviously feeling a bit put out that I had taken their treadmill. Laura (the podcast voice) told me I was going to be running for 10 minutes then walk for 3 mins then run for another 10 mins. After last weeks 20 minute non-stop run I knew I had this in the bag, no problem

As Laura said it's now time to run, The lad on the next treadmill broke into a run at the same time with a sideways smirk in my direction, his mates were making some kind of gesture that I only caught a glimpse of in the reflection in window infront of me, but it made the lad giggle and just for a moment I knew that it was game on!

I had been running for just over 8 mins and feeling really good, the lad along side was starting to sweat, so when Laura announced that I had 60 seconds left to run before walking for 3 mins, I just answered her in my head "Not today Missy" and just kept on running, she soon announced that it was time to run again for another 10 mins, but I was still going strong and now I could see the lad was really starting to struggle. A quick calculation in my head I knew if I could run till Laura said I had finished and then still run for another two minutes I would of run for a full 25 minutes which is what I would need to do for the next week 6 session anyway, so I just kept going. 

The minutes ticked by and as I looked at the lap counter and distance on the treadmill, the lad gave up at just under 3km sweating buckets and gasping for breath, his mates now had another reason for mickey taking..........Laura announced that I was

• Options

(Sorry told you it was long)

done for the day, So I ran for another two minutes picking up the pace just a little and then finished with a walk.  As I sipped my water I casually stepped down from the treadmill and walked past the group of lads, I had a big smile on my face and a voice in my head saying "Not Today Punk"

And for those of you who already know me,(yes you B2B) you will be pleased to know that I returned to the changing room, opened my locker and guess what I found? that's where I had left my Tiara!

• Options

Love that story Mummysaurus image Well done!