Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• I think I just want to work on my 5k and 5 mile times to be honest - I do enjoy getting the miles in but will take the pressure off of doing the longer runs.  (once 2000 up!!)

• 330 - you can look out for me under the name cardiosaurus or search the #34for34 image

Grendel - A marathon for you will NEVER take 6 hours! Your commitment to the miles will insure that! My training was no where near yours and I trotted home in 4:45!! I can understand not wanting to leave him on his own but he isnt really on his own and HE`S 10! If you want to not do a marathon because you really just dont want to do it then fine but all that training? Just seems like such a shame to throw it to the side. Have you asked your son how he feels to be on his own? I bet you my next medal that he likes it image

Please forgive me if my comments sound rude, they are truly not meant to be and I have no right what so ever to tell you how to live but its just such as shame as you sounded like it was something you really wanted to do.

• Up to you Grendel. I totally understand about leaving your kid, and not wanting the pressure of a long run either.

Good luck for tom B2B, i'll be watching for your tweets.

Well I dragged myself out to the Gravesend Cyclopark floodlit 10k series, and pushed myself and got a new 10k pb!!! image Knocked about a min and a half off and ran it in 53mins 20secs! Buzzing now..trying to wind down for bed but at least it's Friday tomorrow! image

• Lisa, that brilliant

B2B right thanks be watching out and good luck !!

• Grendel tough decision but you have to be comfortable with how you feel.

Lisa well done on your PB looks like your over your accident

I went to gym yesterday and did some speed intervals, really enjoyed it but legs are feeling pretty trashed. image

B2B news.......He got off to a nice early start for his birthday run, it's not so cold here this morning but a bit damp I reckon he should be at the half way pub by 10ish but will have to keep an eye on twitter #34for34 or @cardiosaurus

• Mummy

Am following see heis check in at the 5 mile point, what a wonderfull thing to do and a great idea !!! I could do half a mile for every year of my age suppose in July !!!!

• 330 - I am going to try to do 5.5 for my 55 in March image

B2B update - 3 hours in and at 13.5 miles looks like my 10am for half way might be slightly out but I am not great with calculating his pace

• I'll do 5.4 for my birthday.

6.39 done today,  I had a little mantra this morning that I kept chanting for the entire run - 'Little Grendel's school snack money"

A foggy day again today with the beam of my headtorch bouncing back off the fog. Plodding - 50.49 miles to go 18 days to do it in!!!!

• Well my calculations are better than I thought B2B is just over half way and is homeward bound, I am a proud proud Mummy image

• Last B2B update from me before I leave work to go and meet him at the finish image
    he has finished a marathon and is now working towards the 50k by my calculations he should have about 5 miles to go..........then it's let the party begin imageimageimage well maybe we will let him have a shower first image

• Looks like from his latest tweet he is within 3 miles of home - incrediable show of will power.

• Grendel, yes it is

35 miles on your own is just unbelievably awesome. Heres me thinking of reason to not go for 3.5 !!

• Very very windy and rainy today but determined to get out

• Hey folks! Thank you all for following me its amazing! imageimage

Here you go guys and girls its wasn't fast and it wasn't pretty but I got it done....eventually ha ha ha!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/415553534

For those who didn't see the amazing gift I got from Mummysaurus, check this out!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1460037_10152106527515309_925980859_n.jpg

The off the cuff remark I said before doing this is that I was going to try and run my age for as long as I can, she handed me this at the finish and now I have to add a tag every year!! LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!

Mummysaurus met me and ran the last mile with me, it was such an amazing thing to do and it makes me very happy and proud to call her my Mum.

I love the idea of a SAFTB tradition that you run your birthday in some form or another! Whos next? image

Whos in for 35 for 35 next year?! image

2013 - 682.1

• Mark

Nice touch from Mummy there !!

Well done again.

• I will be 56 next year !!! maybe a quarter mile for every birthday !!!

That will be 14 miles, I can do that !!!

• That's a brilliant runimagelove it

• 54 on the 29th of this month - (was going to have a rest day after 2000 miles)

• 330 - go for it! image

Booktrunk - 43 miles it is then! image image Nice time for it too!

Grendel - I think you deserve a rest!!! HOWEVER....you could always sneak in a quick 5.4 image

• 29.25 miles to go.

I do need that rest though - hopefully will reach 2000 by Sunday - it is like a personal crusade now - form and speed have gone out of the window now just putting one foot in front of the other -

• WOW Grendel not far to go now just a couple of miles a day will get you there and what an achievement.

This birthday list of running miles is building up nicely, I have been looking at the events for around my birthday, haven't found anything suitable so far but you never know something special might turn up.

Off out with B2B tonight but I think we are going to give our legs a bit of a change of pace and go to the gym and work on some stretches and maybe some spinning and a nice slow treadmill jog just to shake out the aches.

• GO Grendel! image Amazing miles! Don`t rest too long that's when it starts to hurt ha ha ha!

Mummysaurus - Yep shake out the aches and replace them with new ones! image Don`t know about you but i`m going to thrash my legs tonight!  

• LOL B2B your soooo funny......I don't think I have many places left for new achesimagebut I will give it a good shot..........Thrashed legs hhhmmmm = running a mile with B2B whilst wearing work clothes and knee length fashion boots......won't do that again!

Wish List for Santa.......

2 x new knees, 2 x new hips, Pleeeeaaaase fix this pain in my A*s* and the burning in my feet!

Oh and Luna Sandals and a head torch would be nice too image

• Wish list for santa - please let me drop 30 years and start again but knowing what I know now.

• What have I missed ?  image

Grendal still pounding the miles in and B2B running to the moon and back ! Well done.

Have spent most of the last week feeling a bit poorly and spending weekend in bed. Got out last night for first run in 6 days.

2.5 miles in about 26mins. For some reason bottom of right foot is hurting abit but I think its assosciated with my right calf and achillies. I belief my right calf is tight causing me problems ....possibly.  Meh. Wish I could shake off these little niggles , I also think my warm up and stretching was not as long as I normally spend. That will teach me for taking short cuts.

• DS I short cut stretching........well actually I cut it out! My stretching is the first 3-5 miles at a nice slow bop to get everything nice and warm image Then I stop and have a little stretch. Stretching before running is over rated image

Mummysaurus/Grendel - ha ha ha nice wish lists! Man if I went back im not sure I would have the patience to do what I do now! My head seems to be in the right place even if my body protests ha ha ha

• Gym session with Mummysaurus last night, I shall let her give the details image 

I think I`ve created a monster image

2013 - 686.44

• Another 7 miles ticked off - yep a mileage monster!!!!