Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• No 330 I just did it on a spreadsheet -

I used Google Maps and that would allow you to put in all the postcodes of the grounds, by adding destinations. 

• Good link B2B - so I can use Jaffa Cakes eh?  Like the comment about little brwon presents on the pavement -

AM off to the doctors tomorrow to discuss that little problem!!!!!

• Its a good thing to check Grendel, I know we are getting back to the poo topic but it seems to be something that goes hand in hand with exercise. I know I have mentioned before but I have IBS and have kind of learnt how to deal with it. I guess after years and years of trying to live with it I have learnt quite a few of my "triggers".

A lot of IBS for me is stress related, so this could maybe account for other folks having issues during running fast/out of their comfort zone?

• I keep looking at triggers - think it may be cheese or caffeine ( I tend to eat chocolate but will speak to the doc about it as it may be IBS)

• Afternoon everyone.

Some good running happening and love the idea of running around the football clubs and ending up at the gates of Ibrox 330oB. Maybe you could actually do that final run to end up there ?

Some good news and bad news for me , ankles feeling quite a bit better today image but for some reason I can now feel that ITB problem in my left knee coming back. image  Google doc has reports of the ankle problem and ITB being linked due to basically wobbley legs ,so by sounds of it need to look at my glutes again and get the rubber band out again. Resting,stretching and foam roller till weekend then a week of rubber band exercises and strengthening .  Then back on road slowly upping mileage slowly again. That all sounds simple image

Permission to rant ?

**** ****y legs , why dont you work properly ???? , this is the last time you useless pieces of s*** , if you break again I will chop you off !image  I hate being injured when the entire world is out running . Even the January runners are still running !Why is it always bloody me  image

Ahhhh , that feels better . image

• Grendel you can do a certain amount of self testing, keep a food diary for a while and log everything. Food, drink, everything and track the "effect" image

DS - bite your tongue and pay the £35, go get a bloody good kicking in the form of deep tissue massage. If you had a problem with your car you wouldn't think twice image

try some squats for those wobbly legs and if you can get to a spin class or throw in some cycling image 

• Grendel, all the best at the docs, hope you get sorted.

Will have a look at the link when I get home later B2B, seriously need to look at my fuel intake!

Ds, as B2B says, cough up, you'll be sorted much quicker and you'll be targeting the right areas for sure then. Cycling is a great, non impact exercise and I van vouch for squats, especially using a gym ball, made a huge difference to me.

Can't decide whether to run early tomorrow (in the dark) or after work as I finish at lunch time. Decisions....
  • Squats are on the list , done loads of work last time on strengthening quads and glutes then once I started running again stopped . That is possibly part of the problem. Maybe need to keep doing that routine going once or twice a week.

The physio last time was helpful , sort of ... I think. Will hold out till next week then make a decision. Pains are no where near as bad as last time and have kept all info and routines I did last time to get going again. Defo not running until 100% pains have gone and some work put in .

If by Monday I am still moaning , you all have permission to tell me to get my ass to physio and ignore me until I have done so
  • ha ha ha DS noted! image Try some Bio Freeze, its like magic image

• Good luck with the injury DS. Did think about running to Ibrox but its 26 miles from my house (probably further avoiding motorways)

First stop Berwick Rangers Shielfield Park 132 miles from my house, I have done 81.95 miles, just on my way through Edinburgh follow coast road to Berwick.

And guess what ... it didn't rain tonight on my run !!

JR - Yup fuel intake is a thing I need to look at. Felt tired tonight on my run but I hadn't eaten much all day

Grendel +1 for the Jaffa Cakes - love em !! When I used to do London always had in my kit bag for the finish 4 hot cross buns - great for after the race

B2B - Here you go a challenge north of the border http://www.mightydeerstalker.com/

• Mega proud tonight! Well done Mummysaurus image

Thanks 330! image So many of these popping up now but they are all really expensive! £52 for a 10k?!?!!? Id rather do a 50 mile for that price!

2014 - 19.8

• Blimey you lot are chatty this week.......I have been a bit quite because had the auditors at work so couldn't get on the internet well not and keep my job image

Grendel good luck at the doctors 

JR run after work then you can go out for longer 

330 love the idea of your mapping your miles..........and what's wrong with 26 miles? 

DS..... Do your exercises....you are not alone I have gone from one ache and pain to another, I was already having physio before I started running so have never actually done a run without a problem of one kind or another so you have my sympathy. My physio said that the wobbly legs can be caused by as you said weak glutes but also just a weak core in general so I have been working on lots of those exercises too

Thank you B2B for a fantastic hilly walk on Tuesday was amazing for stretching out my aches and pains and thank you for a really great run tonight*******drum roll please****** just over 6.5 miles image and wearing my Luna sandals that's 10k off my list of things to do 

January 33.68

• Boy did I underestimate that !!

To visit all Premiership grounds (in order of location desending from my house) taking the mileage from the AA road planner is 1304 miles !!

The furthest away in a straight line is Southampton at 455 miles but to visit them all sometimes I am going across country the back again. So my year target is 1350 so just within my years target !!

Am exhausted thinking about it - I am still in Edindburgh at the moment - here the first leg to Berwick

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp#fromNode=18260000075967%7CG84%209AW,%20Helensburgh%7CSTREET%7C229744%7C683701%7CtoNode=0%7CBerwick%20Rangers%20Football%20Club%7C%7C-2.015990%7C55.760008!

• Ds, we will remember that! Hope you get sorted.

330, have to agree with Ms, 26 miles is the perfect distance surely? 1304 miles for the year it is then!

Ms, I would love to run afyer work but don't think the wife and three kids would see much of me with three nights already filled with kids clubs. I also coach a kids football team so running before work is a must if I'm to fit it all in. Today, however, I finish at lunch time so I will be running in daylight, even if it is pouring down. I am currently in my secret workplace hiding spot typing thisimage
  • Positive thinking, grit,determination and patience is what I have decided will get me through this injury. Felt very odd sat in house last night when I should have been out running. It has been recommended I get a wobble board to strengthen ankles , anybody tried one?

Time to get back to working on banjo playing again I suppose, it has taken a back seat since I started running. the neighbours will be pleased image  Anybody else play any instruments ?  

• DS - ive been known to give the strings a little tickle image search - Midday Morning

• DS - I don't play any and am annoyed at that as my Dad (god rest him) was in the Army band and played on the BFPO broadcasts - played in a few big bands. Bloke could play anything !!

I would love to be able to play guitar or piano

• Don't play any instruments - have no music ability at all, I do wish I could sing like Robert Plant though!!!

Saw Doctor - I felt a bit stupid to be honest but he was very attentive and having ruled out anything more sinister - we discussed my lifestyle and thinks it is down to stress. He said getting up in the morning and heading straight out for a run is putting my body under stress. The fact I am probably worrying about it, more stress which is compounding my problem. Suggested that I need to eat more protein which I will do. Said I definitely need to take at least one or two days off a week - (we'll see about that one) But will add more protein to my diet - See what happens.

• Grendel - any chance of doing an experiment and running one evening to see if you have the same problem?

Ok the less cryptic answer to the instrument question image sing, harmony, 6 string Guitar, 12 string Guitar, Bass, Ukulele (kind of), drums (very basic and badly) used to play the bugle when I was in Sea cadets image

• No - B2B - refer you back a couple of years  image

• Balls! image I have problems with running really early, my body just isnt awake yet and I have the same kind of issues. I have to be up for at least an hour before everything is working properly just on a normal day let alone trying to run! You have a few options I think, get up even earlier (at this rate you will never sleep!) take a day or 2 off as rest days or option 3 is to experiment with different food, option 4 Imodium image

• Jaffa cakes…..mmmmm. Little brown pavement presents……(giggles). Flapjacks and pork pies, that’s more like it, Ultra’s here I come!

Have added squats to my stretch sheet, used to do them all the time so will make them a 2/3 times a week addition to my routine.

330, I use myfitnesspal to track my food (not religiously) and it became apparent I was lacking in protein big time. Good to know where you need to improve and well worth a look.

B2B, £52 for a 10k, wtf….excuse my French but NO WAY! I may not be up to it but I’d take the 50 miler too.

Ds, I have a wobble board. They are GREAT. Will strengthen your ankles and knees, as well as your quads too. Absolutely recommend getting one.

I played the violin as a child and my tutor said I had real talent but reached an age where it wasn’t cool, especially growing up on a council estate. Wish I’d stuck at it.

Grendel, maybe add some fuel the night before a run? As above I too lack in protein. Definitely notice a difference when making sure I fuel properly. As with any form of exercise its pointless if you don’t get your nutrition right.

Finished work image, had a snack and a coffee and off for a 5 miler. Just light rain here at the moment so perfect running weather. Back soon.

Music them still going….

Pearl Jam – Ten and Vs great albums

Pink – Didn’t think she would be my cup of tea but watched her Funhouse concert in Australia (unfortunately on the tv, not in Aus) and it was spectacular. Her single,  Just give me a reason is one of my current favourite songs.

B2B, love the track in the new Heineken ad.

• Motivation lacking somewhat. Drinking too much, eating too much and not running enough - bad combination.

My youngest was 13 last weekend and is old enough to join the local gym now and wants me to start taking him. Time to get serious again.

Heading out for a couple of miles in a bit. It's that or cheese on toast?

• Just discovered Pythia, a Birtish symphonic band - pretty good.

• Beachball, cheese on toast sounds lovely, but will taste all the better after a run. Get out there buddy. 

Having a listen to Pythia's 'The Circle' as I type Grendel. Wish I could listen to music as I run sometimes, think i'd appreciate it. 

5.35 miles done (& dusted image) as Grendel would say. Took it nice and easy as this week is my easy week according to my schedule, not that I've looked at it for a while. Stretch, coffee, shower, tea then taking the youngest swimming club before finally relaxing this evening. 

January - 74.59

• JR - see you just need the right motivation to do an ultra....food! image

• Following on from the discussion with the doctor, the lack of protein in my diet may be the reason I feel so tired all the time and am not recovering - he did say that to excercise once a week is not enough, but more than 4 times and you won't improve at all as the muscles are not recovering so I may have to look at taking at least one day off probably two - the girl I work with would thrash me at a 5k Parkrun at the moment and she runs maybe 3 times per week and yet is knocking on the door of 22 something Really will have to sit down at the weekend and make a descision  as to where to go.

• No run for me today due to a mixture of circumstances but I am really tired.

Already this is my biggest month for 6 months so will be content just to reach my month target of 112.5, I am desperate to get there 31 miles to go 9 of them tomorrow hopefully.

I will have to look at protein in my diet and may try that app you mentioned JR

Grendel - Have you thought about protein shakes / powders that are available? I have been wondering about these and may try some. Theres a vast range in Holland and Barrett

• Managed to resist the cheese on toast and get out for a run.

2.3 miles in a steady 25 mins. So glad I went. Need to get a routine sorted really.

2014 - 11.4

p.s have a great weekend all image