Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    Hi 330, I will be out tonight no matter what! I think the fact he fell and still managed to catch up and get within 17 seconds of Mutai must have taken an enormous amount of energy, hence the collapse at the end. Just shows how much these guys are willing to push themselves.
  • JR - Agree he said himself he put in a massive effort

• Lisa - Well done, that's awesome.

JR - Sounds like a decent weekend you had there mate. Enjoy tonight's run.

330 - Good luck tonight.

Went for a pacy (for me) 5k today and averaged 9:58m/m. Happy with that but was blowing hard when I got home.

Mar - 19

2014 - 63.1

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Nice one Beachball. Sub 10 minute miles all the way, looks like you're getting back to where you were before. image 

Thought I would come on here and look for some inspiration so now one of you has run, I have no choice! It is pitch bloody black now though, cannot wait for the evenings to draw out a little more.

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Well done there BB nice running - definitely getting back there.

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

4.46 miles tonight. Just ran easy, didn't look at the watch, averaged 9:40mm. Upped the pace over the last quarter of a mile and just let myself go.....0.25 miles in 92 secs.....for me that's flying! Lovely cool running conditions image

March - 41.31

2014 - 186.05

• Well done JR

Finally got out for 5.22 just under 10 min miles so pleased with that. In my tour of football grounds I am now just a miles past St James Park (Newcastle FC)http://www.footballgroundguide.com/newcastle_united/

I also manged to get passed without being headbutted by Alan Pardew !!. Onto Stadium of light now (Sunderland) - 13 miles to go so should pass this week

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    Lol 330, well done on getting out mate. My virtual run has failed to get off the mark, just couldn't really decide where I wanted to go.

Rest day today, champions league football later. Will be praying Drogba doesn't return with a goal!

Happy running all
  • Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Good runs for both of you yesterday JR and 330,  and as you say if you can get passed Newcastle without a head butt then you are doing fine (although coming from Scotland 330 I though the head butt was a form of greeting!!)

92 seconds for 400? thats flying to anyone JR a good turn of speed there.

Was disturbed by cats at about 4 o'clock this morning, couldn't get back to sleep so eventually hit the road just after 4:45 - a nice early start, and a nice brisk 'tempo' type run - all done and dusted by 6 o'clock - 7.37 miles run - touch wood going along nicely.

• Hey folks sorry ive been a little quiet at the moment. Had my review at work on friday....*ahem* need to maybe not be on here so much for a little while image

Well done everyone for all your latest efforts!

JR 92 second 400, nice!!

BB well done for the sub 10`s! image

Grendel - marathon is in the bag! image

catch up later tonight image

• Very impressive Grendel being out at that time !!!

Seems to be going well for your marathon

• Good running going on!!

JR that's flying by my standards

BB your doing great I would be very happy to get anywhere near 10's

Grendel you continue to amaze me at the times you manage to get up and out the door, my dog woke me up at 5.50am this morning but running was the last thing I thought of

330 Glad your getting the miles in......

No running for me for a few days, I did a bit of a silly thing and brought some different running shoes, I didn't make it a mile down the road without everything hurting, serves me right, I already knew that my sandals are the only things that suit my awkward feet image  so I am resting up a bit before my Birthday run on Fridayimage..........

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

New bathroom turned into a nightmare, text after text this morning from OH - leak from somewhere, walls sodden, rotten floor boards, plumber put his foot through the floor - am having a new floor fitted tomorrow!!! then new walls then tiling then shower and toilet - 

• Bloody hell Grendel! image hope they are paying for that?!

Kicked out a hard 10 mile tonight nearly matching my old best time for the route! Legs didnt really like it too much.....tough! image 10 miles in 1:37:18.... ill take that! image

2014 - 134.9

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Hope your bathroom is sorted soon Grendel, that's not good. Nice run this morning by the way.

That's more like it B2B, good to see you out. image

Rest up and enjoy the birthday run MS image

Up for an early one tomorrow. Alarm set for 5am.

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

No one to pay for it B2B - floorboards, joists rotten over the years,

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/1958500_10203526695072961_842380951_n.jpg

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

7 miles run followed by a wash in the kitchen sink. Happy days

• Grendel - that's not good news at all that's gonna set you back back a few bob. hope alls OK

Mummy where shoes are concerned I have using the same brand and models (in various guises) for 10 years at least.

B2B Good running there

JR - hope you got out

No run for me yesterday wife comes in at 5 says to me "are you going for a run?" I look round pots bubbling away etc, so I ask oh what times dinner ? (noticing it was all on) she says half 5 !! DOH !!!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

and that 330 is why I run first thing

• Well, will be out tonight hopefully

Not stressing too much about not getting out last night but cant be doing with this stop start approach, consistency is the key

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Well done Grendel, going along very nicely....apart from the bathroom you must be pleased with your progress?

Enjoy it if you get out 330!!

Was due to run first thing.....but hit the snooze. My headtorch batteries are practically dead so that's my excuse! Went straight out after work, the advantages of having a running Mrs JR....she might not have been too pleased but didn't grumble so off I went. 5 easy miles turned into a 5 mile tempo run. Running in daylight at this time of day was too good an opportunity to miss so a mile warm up, a 26:30 minute 5k (checked my pb earlier and its 25:30 and I didn't exactly go for it today having a bit in reserve the whole way) and then a mile warm down.

Rest day tomorrow (although that does include cycling to and from work and two hours coaching kids football) and an easy run Friday

March - 46.31

2014 - 191.05

• Had forgot you was a fellow blue JR. Went to the Bridge last night, great atmosphere and pleased Drogba got such a good reception.

Didn't get to bed until late and had sampled a few jars (as you do) so fairly tired today.

Went for a nice slow pace today with a decent hill in the middle. 3.5 miles in 37 minutes averaging 10:40m/m.

Keep up the good work allimage

Mar - 22.5

2014 - 66.6 (spookyimage)

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Question for you all, Although I a going out at 5 now rather than 5:30, it is definitely lighter in the morning now - and as a result of seeing more, I seem to be running quicker than I was in the dark - does this happen to anyone else? 

• I think I run quicker in the light too Grendel!? Think I'm just generally motivated more in the light, especially sunlight!

Busy rest day JR!!

Well done Beachball! Great run for after "a few"

Good luck on getting out 330!!

Hope you are ready to run again by Fri Mummysaurus!

Went out after work for a gentle 4.4mile run, legs still a little sore from Sundays long run, but generally felt ok. When I checked my time it's actually the second quickest run I've ever done?! Wasn't expecting to see that?

Swimming tomorrow, then possibly one last gentle run before Hastings half on Sunday.

Praying I don't get ill cos we got the lurgy in our house again, my little boy's got some sort of sickness bug, and other half had a flu-y cold at the beginning of the week. Fingers crossed I stay fit and healthy, as I will be devastated if I cant run Sunday, I love the Hastings half it has such a good atmosphere!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Its a big one too isn't it Lisa, the 20th anniversary or something?

• JR - Thanks for the encouragement, good run from you as well

Lisa - Good luck Sunday, one half I always intended to do when I was darn sarf but never got round to doing

Grendel - I seem to run "faster" in the light as well

Beachball - good going

Out again tonight same route same time !!

March - 27.56 (disappointed with this)

2014 - 201.82

• Hey all, just a quick one from me adding my 5k from last night. Legs were really tight after tuesdays speedy 10. Dont seem to bad today, I guess a short slow run is the way forward after a hard run maybe even more than resting straight away? 

Some great running going on in here, well done everyone! (and I mean everyone 330! image you are already 60 miles ahead of me this year, yes stop and think about that for a moment. You have run more than an ultra marathon loon image )

2014 - 138 

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Agree there B2B a gentle jog gets the latic moving

6 miles done this morning then a wash in the sink in the kitchen.