Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Back2basicsBack2basics ✭✭✭

hey folks im baaaaaaaaaaaack!! sorry I havnt had a pc for 2 weeks so it will take me a little while to read over everything!!

Remind me page 313! image

Hope everyone is doing well and I shall try and catch up soon image

• Well done Lisa glad the knee held up and what a great time

Nice running 330 & JR

Grendel - So true I can't get mine off the x-box and that's just the husband image

Welcome home B2B have a good read

No news from me, seeing the doctor tomorrow and hopefully some pain meds, really missing not running but have to be good for a while longer image

PHEW! You lot have been busy! image

Fantastic running everyone! Really great stuff!

Grendel - glad to hear your brother is doing well, give him our love

LOADS of marathon talk on here!! LOVE IT!! image Its crazy to look back and see where we all started from!

No running news from me, I had a great rest for 2 weeks then screwed up my legs playing basketball on the last day!! What an idiot ha ha ha

Decided to have the rest of the month off and relax properly then its time to switch up the training......again!!

ha ha ha my MD has put me down to run for our company at London next year for FREE!!!!! image He is taking care of the fundraising and ill do the running!!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

You lucky lucky bast*rd

ha ha ha yeah tell me about it!!! I tried for 4 years to get into it and now I get back from holiday to a free place!!! image He is even going to do all the fundraising so I only have to rock up and run!!! ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

It'll be a breeze B2B - glad you had a good break

well a marathon is still a marathon! Be nice just to plod around and enjoy it image

• Must meet up at the start B2B - Hope a few more of us get a place

• Glad you had a nice time B2b. Wow you are really lucky to get a free place. Hope I get a ballot place so I can join you.

Grendel I know, the kids I work with just spend their evenings on the Xbox. None of them have an imagination.

Fingers crossed MS you can start running soon!

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Hang in there MS, you’ll be back. Hope it goes well today.

Welcome home B2B, enjoy the rest. Look forward to some running from you, it’s not the same without the regular reports from you. And yes, you’re one lucky bar steward image

Lots of local people took part in a 10k walk/run last weekend along the Great Western Canal  in aid of Clic Sargent. Three of my work colleagues took part and finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I told them it’s a good job I didn’t take part as I’d have ruined their figures lol.

An easy(ish) 6 miles yesterday along the canal. Tried to keep to the quicker end of my easy pace band (9:07-10:04) due to the fast, flat nature of the course. Ended up with 53:40 (9.03,8.57,8.57,8.57,8.52,8.46). Not bad considering I stopped and walked for a minute too so as not to disturb a little robin being watched in the hedge by a young boy.

Speedwork or hills today? I may just flip a coin to decide. Won’t be out until the evening as we are busy today and it’s Mrs JR’s turn to run first.

May - 83

2014 - 399.86

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

The sad thing is Lisa, our son has a very vivid imagination, but all he and his friends want to do now is Xbox -   Mind it also allows him to talk to his friends outside of school -  (the downside is that sometimes the language that comes out of his room is reminiscent of a Tilbury Docker) 

Fingers crossed for a Ballot place so we can all join B2B and 330 - would be nice to all run round together - in a starting again t shirt!  (not pink)

Back up to running 4 miles a day now (accept this morning when I did a 5k in 29 minutes, nothing specatular, except the first mile was a warm up and then minute fast follwed by a minute walk between each)

• Good luck with the hills JR

Grendel nice time for your 5k have your worn your nice t-shirt yet?

Thanks for the support image seen the doctor and he is sending me to see a neurosurgeon for treatment options, have to wait till 21st July but at least something is being done, don't really want to think about those options too much as they include electric pulses, scans, injections and possible surgery doc has given me some pain meds that should work on nerve pain so hopefully that will help............but the extra good news is he agreed that I can try to run image His words were if it doesn't hurt when you run but hurts when you sit down then go for a run imageimageimage Needless to say I was up and out of his office as quick as possible before he changed his mind.............so B2B you have had enough holiday resting see you at 6pm for some puddle splashing

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

That's the spirit MS, enjoy the run image Fingers crossed the treatment, whichever path is taken, goes well and long term you can keep running.

Mrs JR is off on a run as I type so looks like I may get mine done before tea which would be nice as it leaves the evening free. Put some chicken wire up at the bottom of our garden today to give the rabbits their own space, and to stop them nibbling everything in sight! Bought the boys a wedding outfit and a suit for myself as my brother in law gets married next month. A fairly miserable day here but it is warm.

BOOM! The monkeys are back! image

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Hill reps done. 5.5 miles in total, 1.3 miles warm up/down with 6 x .25 miles uphill and the same as recovery back down. Did the first two reps at 8 minute mile pace, maybe a little quick as the next three were 8:43, 9:02 and 9:04. The last one was at 8:17 pace and hands were well and truly on knees at the top. Tough doing it on your won but glad I went. Rest day tomorrow.

May - 88.5

2014 - 405.36 image

• *gently pushes the door open*

Hello folks,

a combination of Uni stuff, my daughter's 21st, a niggling pain to the left of my achilles, and down right laziness has meant limited running somewhat i.e 3 times this month image

Have read back most of the pages. Well done on the Marathons Grendel and Lisa.

Hope you get sorted soon Ms, enjoy tonight's run.

Hope you had a nice break B2b.

Just Run you seem to be flying, keep up the good work.

I also entered the ballot for London so with 330 and B2b on the starting grid it would be great if the rest of us could join them.

4km in 26 minutes today. Now to try and get a routine going again.

May - 8.7

2014 - 114

• Well done JR really good running there

Welcome back beachball - stick with us

Shorter run tonight - 4.15 miles churned out 9.30 miles so really pleased. 84.4 so far this month so on target for 100

• Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Hi Beachball! Welcome back. I can't believe I didn't enter the ballot, I must be the only one on here. Good luck to all of you, would be fantastic if you all get to run London.

Bang on target 330 image

• Welcome back BB glad you have found your way

Well done on the hills JR imageimage That makes 2 of us I didn't enter for London

330 Your doing great with your target 

imageimageimage............Party time I managed a very nice muddy 5k with B2B through the woods and fields tonight oh my that felt goooooooood and not a single (extra) pain

• Thanks JR and Mummy (well done on getting out) -

Maybe one day we will meet at a race. I am such a stats freak, planned on doing 5 tonight but was a bit tired so had to work out if I only done 4 what would I need to do to get 100 !! so its 5 tomorrow, 3 Friday 8 Saturday !! mad isn't it ?

Watched a video of Grand Union Way race  - blimey that looked a long way !!

Welcome back Beachball!! image yeah the break was nice thank you

330 - GUCR? Yeah its 145 miles!! *looks around*image shh, im looking into how to get into next years, dont tell anyone! image

JR - so great to see you still pushing after a bit of a wobble! coming back again from nearly giving up is just wonderful to witness image

it was really nice to get out last night. hamstring still needs some work but got me round.

Im actually considering not counting my yearly miles anymore and just get back to focusing on quality like I did right back at the beginning.

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Good running all, and welcome back BB - good to see you are still getting out albeit sporadically - although with the Uni stuff and other distractions can understand why.

If it's not causing any more pain MS then do it it is what I say, but then what do I know?

Looks like I will be joining you on the 100 mile month, 95.44 done so should hit it Saturday - will start to target the Southend 10K and Wix 5 from Monday,  more speed less miles and a once a month 15 (maybe)  Have told Mrs G that I don't want to be working on Bank Holdiay Monday at the site cleaning, (although haven't admitted it is my intention to go to Barking and do the Barking Park 5K which is the race I organised for many years)

another 3 miles done this morning - we were expecting a new shed to be delivered yesterday between 6am and 7pm and it was rescheduled for today - same delivery times - so I had to be home and showered by 6am to ensure one of us was up and about. It is now 9:20 and no sign of the shed yet!

i predict 6:55pm image

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I see what you are thinking B2B!

• Thanks for the warm welcome back (again) folks.

More come backs than Status Quo me image

Any sign of the shed Grendel?

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
    Has arrived, problem though, the instructions were wet and soggy. I am trying to dry them out
  • Grendel - Hope its a good shed after all the waiting !!

Couldnt get out tonight still need 16 for 100 for month. So could be 5.1 tomorrow and 8 Sat AM and 3 Sat PM to make it !!. Tempted on 2 8's but not sure on that back to back

• If you feel confident enough to do that 330 then fair enough.

Don't go over the top though, trying to reach 100, when there is always another month mate.