Bad taste BBC?

2»

Comments

• Incidentally has anyone ever been to the Newseum in Washington DC?

It's a reminder of what decent journalism should be all about  - unbiased, challenging, even courageous. It makes the salacious, voyeuristic stuff look even more horrendous.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

First rule of journalism, 'No matter what the circumstances, the implications, the potential fall out, the intrusion, the invasion of privacy or emotional destruction.

Ask the question

🙂

• I don't think permission was sought to film the families' of the astronauts reaction as the Challenger space shuttle exploded. I remember thinking that was a sick thing to do. Film their faces close up then broadcast it across the world. 

• Oh dear Sussex upset everyone, again!

Joolska wrote (see)

Quite.  I never liked the period when they showed every repatriation through Wootton Bassett, with close-ups of the family crying as the coffin went past.  News just in: grieving people cry.

Oh dear, sorry... War is dirty.  Our heroes should be respected as such.  Thier families grief is real.  Just make sure the next time you vote, the people you vote for understand that before they send our boys away to fight.

• Why are our heroes from Northern Ireland 1972 campaign being threatened with prison?

• I think you know why.

But if you don't, I recommend a book called "Bloody Sunday: Truth, Lies and the Saville Inquiry" by Douglas Murray.

That will explain everything.