Delete that cheating thread!

Comments

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I'm not saying anyone on any list cheated, but, if they did..... Would you want to be one of the other names on thst list, it wouldn't feel right to me. 

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

I don't understand your question image

• Look at RW USA, printing photos of people suspected of running Boston with fake numbers, quite a different attitude.

http://www.runnersworld.com/boston-marathon/runner-says-4-others-bandited-with-her-number-at-boston

• Set up your own forum & if you post interesting stuff - like who appears to be cheating, which clubs they belong to, the events they appear to be conning, why those events put up with it - people will stop coming here and you'll be able to rent a newly vacant W1 office.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

XX1 wrote (see)
    The real Mr I wrote (see)

Maybe certain runners who have done quite well in previous Brighton Marathons have been emailing the powers that be.

Unless Jason was worried his Personal Training business wasn't attracting as much business nowadays. Kind of hard to tell your clients to push themselves to the limits, when they can reply 'Like when you sliced about 9 miles off your last run?'

Did you have anyone particular in mind?  

http://www.larkfieldac.co.uk/member_result.php?member_id=216&race_year=2013 image

Love that.

Half pb In last 2 years,  1.44, Brighton marathon pb 3.23!

As if the distance between the other marathons v Brighton wasn't blatant enough (despite some offroading/foreign jaunts slightlt masking it), the other distances are surely blatant enough!

Who can smash their own half pb twice in a marathon?

• SlowkoalaSlowkoala ✭✭✭

Bit late to the party but the Brighton lady ran a 35min negative split with the second half run in under 1:24. This equates to 6:25 pace which she can't manage for 5k. image

• kaffeeg wrote (see)

I always assume a part time model is code for 'i want to be a model and i have some free time to fill so I will call myself a part-time model and not actually model' or 'my friend once took a picture of me for their NVQ Level 1 fashion portfolio'.

Yes, I think that about nails it image

Looking at this photos he looks far too small anyway. Men have to be something like 6'2" to get into modelling. Even some of the women are getting on for that sort of height. 

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

The Paris Marathon 2012 time that she claimed as a PB also looks dubious...  From the photos I very much doubt it was her that ran it

http://www.aso.fr/massevents/resultats/index.php?langue=us&course=mar12

http://www.maindruphoto.com/fr/photos/marathon-de-paris-2012/639640/12675-lauduique-erwan.html

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

I think, if memory serves, that with Brighton are few (me included) genuinely thought that some good training had been done in order to deliver a time that is modest, yet achievable.
    Yet the more one looks, the more questions arose: the spooky paris 'improvement' between chip and "pb" quoted on the club website, plus the lack of any runs, on any terrain, that even reflected a similar advance. Coupled with the questionable character (blatantly giving a London number away) left more questions than answers.
    Being invoved in my own club's hierachy, I find it somewhat puzzling that a leading member of the club also defended it on here, while making largely erroneous claims, yet failed to return e-mails. The club meanwhile still displays miscredited times on their website. 
    RW as far as I can see can pull threads at random without need for explanation, so ne beef there.
    Admittedly the number of 'questionable' runs are a tiny percentage of all genuine athletes, yet it would appear authorities seem happy to brush suspected cheating under the carpet. Maybe EA/UKA should have an address where all incidents over suspect times could be reported to?
    Even then, I suspect many cases - Brighton included - would be dismissed as long as the athlete has the club's backing.

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    You may have your position numbers and Bib numbers mixed up XX1
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

yes XX1 - she is a different number, looks like her anyway.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Millsy1977 wrote (see)
    You may have your position numbers and Bib numbers mixed up XX1

D'oh!  Those pesky French websites imageimage

• It's getting really annoying RW deleting everything. Does "WonderWoman" have friends in high places at RW or something? As far as I'm concerned, the more people who see what she's been doing the better, I wish her clubmates would take a good look.

So for anyone new...here's a quick summary of "Wonder Woman"! (how's she described on a running blog)

1. 2013 Brighton Marathon... 3:23 New PB...yay! First half 1:59, 2nd half: 1:24

Awesome!! WONDER WOMAAAAAN

(note, her previous Half pb: 1:44)

2. 2012 Paris Marathon.... official website says 3:51, her club website 3:33, another PB!  20 min reduction purely by moving websites!

I'm not having any gun time v chip time on this one, there's no timing issues with her clubmate who ran the same race at same time, his times tally up on both websites. He ran faster half splits than her but she finished in much faster overall time!

3. London Mara, forget which year

She grew a beard, turned into a dude and ran. No problem there but she seems to be including this race as her total (she wants to get to 100 marathons)

4. She does amazing star jumps, seriously they are awesome.

Give this thread a life expectancy of 14 hours, don't worry RW this will be posted again! image

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Well done Nibbler, that's a good summary...  I hope you've saved a copy locally for future reference image

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

She's on the Brathay 10-in-10 team too and is supposed to be aiming for 100 marathons (she's currently at 20 apparently). I wonder how the 100 Marathon Club deal with these apparent 'discrepancies' in her results?

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Maybe there will be a PB on marathon number 10.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

If you look on the Brathay link, she says she's done 28 and hopes to reach 40 by the time of 10-in-10.
    I don't deny that she is a capable runner, and will, no doubt, reach 100. But I don't get the alleged *cough* 'discrepancies'

• M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I saw this and thought of this discussion:

http://fittish.deadspin.com/do-you-know-these-runners-because-theyre-probably-bast-1567215283/all

Not quite the same but along similar lines.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there is a lot less than 28 listed on her club website...  Maybe she's adding together all the halfs..

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

yeah but they may not all be listed, I know Po10 has less than half my marathons, and our club don't list all races for each individual.

• Maybe if she eats a Snickers bar she includes that as another 'Marathon' chalked up for the total?

Wonder Womaaan!
  • Dan ADan A ✭✭✭

Noone is accusing anyone of cheating.  But surely there's nothing wrong in admiring several VLM runners who have remarkable negative splits.  We can only gaze in wonder in at their second half awesomeness, and admire their photos with their finishers' medals.

Negative splits of 

1.28 & 1.22
    1.06 & 1.26

The last ones were so impressive, they made the papers.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

weren't her clubmates attempts to defend her exceptionally sheepish nonsense about how she only "targets" 1 race every 5 years or so? Meaning the other 20-30races in that time were just pootles?

With a 1.44 half and similar conversions to other times and distances, i'd suggest she wouldn't actually be able to even do a 6mile training run at that 3.23 marathon "pb" pace

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)
    kaffeeg wrote (see)

I always assume a part time model is code for 'i want to be a model and i have some free time to fill so I will call myself a part-time model and not actually model' or 'my friend once took a picture of me for their NVQ Level 1 fashion portfolio'.

Yes, I think that about nails it image

Looking at this photos he looks far too small anyway. Men have to be something like 6'2" to get into modelling. Even some of the women are getting on for that sort of height. 

there is zero chance that is true Screamy, have a word!
    I'd imagine just under to just over 6ft is more likely

• XX1 wrote (see)
    The real Mr I wrote (see)

Maybe certain runners who have done quite well in previous Brighton Marathons have been emailing the powers that be.

Unless Jason was worried his Personal Training business wasn't attracting as much business nowadays. Kind of hard to tell your clients to push themselves to the limits, when they can reply 'Like when you sliced about 9 miles off your last run?'

Did you have anyone particular in mind?  

http://www.larkfieldac.co.uk/member_result.php?member_id=216&race_year=2013 image

didn't she also claim a time for a guy called paul with a beard.  not me by the way

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    There is also a member of the aforementioned running club called Paul with a familiar surname.