Gaza Marathon cancelled

2»

Comments

• So Colin is trying to make some sort of comparison between Hamas, Race for Life and the BBC?

OK that's interesting, I'll give you that....

• I understood about the organisers, Dude.  I meant Hamas had changed the rules.

So would my friend Kathy + me be allowed to listen to your men's hour Phil?  She likes power tools and I like foraging.

• I prefer porage to forage...

• Personally I think Woman's Hour should be put out of its misery.  Along with some of the so-called comedies in the 11.30 a.m. slot.

• Actually, I will say that when you put "women's" in front of anything media related it tend to lose a bit of edge.

I used to belong to another forum that was just for women - Christ it was boring! All menopause, family problems, recipes and silly word games. They never touched politics or anything controversial. I aged about 20 years just reading it.

• David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Actually, I will say that when you put "women's" in front of anything media related it tend to lose a bit of edge.

I used to belong to another forum that was just for women - Christ it was boring! All menopause, family problems, recipes and silly word games. They never touched politics or anything controversial. I aged about 20 years just reading it.

I must be like a godsend for you!!

You'd think so.......

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    JMopper wrote (see)

What exactly would a 'man's hour' talk about? How its difficult being, on average, paid more for the same job? what can be done to get more men into politics or the boardroom? how there are plenty of decent male characters on the screen?

I havent listened to womens hour but assume they talk about the opposite?

No I think it's mainly catalogues, diets, men and then they slag off whichever of the presenters isn't there that week.   

• popsider wrote (see)
    JMopper wrote (see)

What exactly would a 'man's hour' talk about? How its difficult being, on average, paid more for the same job? what can be done to get more men into politics or the boardroom? how there are plenty of decent male characters on the screen?

I havent listened to womens hour but assume they talk about the opposite?

No I think it's mainly catalogues, diets, men and then they slag off whichever of the presenters isn't there that week.   

If that's the case - it is itself just pandering to stereotypes and should definitely be put out of its misery.