modern scientific methods

2»

Comments

• JVr.it certiainly amused me.....he just happened to have them in the van..just in case any net curtains were twitching.....

right the old lead piping for that one house is now replaced with new blue plastic pipe.......so I'm sure any minute now someone will come back to fill in the massive holes.....

It does make me think.....instead of digging up the road every 6 months or so to replace the lead pipes to the stopcocks...........why don't they just come and do all the street in one go......it must be cheaper than doing them all individually on request....... lead piping was proved not very nice years ago....

• Just to report my holes are still there..........no one seems to want to fill them in............If the heavy rain comes tonight all the soil will be washed down the road and block up all the drains.........

which will then cause more costs and hassles.......

I'm sure they are doing everything as efficiently as they canimage

• I hate to admit it but, I can do the old divining thing with a pair of metal coathangers, straightened out then bent into an L shape.  image  I thought it was a load of nonsense but after trekking round the streets of Swindon with a class of delegates on one of my courses I discovered I had the gift...not everyone has apparently.

• can you use your divining skills to find anything handy.like beerimage

• seren nos wrote (see)

Just to report my holes are still there..........no one seems to want to fill them in............image

Fnar Fnar...

• What did you discover MR ?
  • On a slightly relevant note

The gas board have done nothing but dig up my road for about 20 years, this last time I went out to question the guy who was there looking for the most recent leak and told him he was a tad early as they usually wait til I was on nights ...

any road, he said that they're budgets are controlled by government so regardless of if they have the money or not they are not allowed to spend what they like on what they want, he also said that the old pipes were gradually being replaced and regurlarly fracture as the ground shifts for whatever reason, poss the fact that there are far more cars around these days parkin gon ground that was not built to sustain it ...

They are also forever digging up parts of the main road that I use to get to work and they cant replace those pipes fully because of the traffic disruption and no infrastructure inplace to divert traffic

Above might be the same for water board?

goodness ... I nearly bored myself   image

• Magic Roundabout wrote (see)

I hate to admit it but, I can do the old divining thing with a pair of metal coathangers, straightened out then bent into an L shape.  image  I thought it was a load of nonsense but after trekking round the streets of Swindon with a class of delegates on one of my courses I discovered I had the gift...not everyone has apparently.

James Randy has a million dollar prize for anyone who can prove that so called paranormal (of which he includes divining rods) work under controlled conditions. You should apply. Nobody so far has claimed it in over 10 years. 

• Meldy.I'm in a little side street....but I'm sure its all about budgets.......

today my holes got filled in.........almost.......its all filled aparet from the top 2 inches.......

so now we have to wait for the tarmac people to come and do the tarmac.......

luckily we are a friendly street as there is a shortage of parking as in most areas because of the incrrease in cars.......and this has taken over 2 spaces away.........luckily no fights......

• Increase in cars kind of backs up my conversation with the gas board ?