So, just to be clear...

Comments

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭
    David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

I think what people are saying is that if I point out a discrepency and it stands up despite trying to discredit it as much as possible then they are happy.

If I point out a discrepency which on the surface looks blatantly dodgy ( and the bottom line is that her time WAS wrong, no matter which way you cut it) ....... but then the blame isnt with her but the organisers, then people like to get up in arms about it.

The funny thing is, that in both cases almost certainly the two times registered by the two women in the two incidents, are wrong. So the issue we are discussing is not that the times are wrong, every single person here agrees she didnt run that time ...... but HOW they came to be wrong, thats the only discussion.

Blah blah blah.

Cheerful Dave absolutely nailed you - last post of page 1.  Classic tabloid journalism.

For all our "butter-wouldn't-melt" protestations, you insinuated that she was a cheat - which is a massive insult to anyone.  But she was very quickly proved to be not a cheat.

If you had the bollocks to hold your hands up, you might command a modicum of respect...  but all you do is call other people weak and 'limp-wristed'.

• How is it tabloid journalism for people to investigate themselves, draw their own conclusions and make their own minds up? Totally the opposite.
  • David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
    Screamapillar wrote (see)
    David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

I just looked up and noticed that  the people Im talking about have edited their posts about the London GFA ....... no doubt because of what Ive said here ......image

So no proof then....?

Well if people delete the proof then .......... no ........ of course luckily you had time to delete any evidence before posting asking for proof.

You would make a bloody terrible barrister, it's just as well you work in IT.

• Why would he want to work in Starbucks?
  • Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    Why would he want to work in Starbucks?

I would suggest you don't give up the day job either SR - you aren't cut out for the stand up circuit if that's the calibre of your material image

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

You've never been to the Edinburgh fringe then?

• Big-Bad-BobBig-Bad-Bob ✭✭✭

The Wright Way? Yes, it was painful. Managed about 10 minutes of it. The same actor managed to crucify the remake of Yes, Prime Minister with his abysmal overacting too.

• Give me 10'clock live anytime. Makes you wonder how they make that programme with all those libel laws that dog with wig goes on about.
  • Btw.........the original thread is still there. Why is no one posting on that? I guess there is no more to say until further evidence.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

tbh i think its no case at all - timing system dreadful...Manchester Marathon embarrassed...

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

Damnm sounds like I missed out on a potential PB there..image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

check the results Barkles, you're probably in there....

• David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
    Dustin wrote (see)

I didn't see any accusations.
    I saw some facts stated,

He stated that they're husband and wife, which they're not.

Proof that they are not husband and wife please.

I don't need to, you're the one who claimed that they were, without proof.

Although you might consider why husband and wife would choose to run parkruns on opposite sides of the pennines on the same day, week after week.

• Cos they don't like each other ? 

One of them is popping over the Pennines for a Saturday morning sha$ ?

• I think due to lack of evidence the couple can go free. The first one? Different matter. Wonder if their Chairman ever brought it up with her?
  • One lives in Wakefield the other in Manchester so it must be a strange marriage?

The Manchester two can be released and replaced in prison by the Manchester Marathon IT crowd.

The Brighton one on the other hand..................

• My first marriage worked best when she lived in Coventry and I lived in Genoa Italy for 3 weeks out of every month 

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭

I agree, let the Manchester 2 off. 

The Brighton fiasco still needs to be sorted though. 

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭

I agree, let the Manchester 2 off. 

The Brighton fiasco still needs to be sorted though. 

• Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    I think due to lack of evidence the couple can go free. The first one? Different matter. Wonder if their Chairman ever brought it up with her?

so you are letting them go free but not admitting that they are in fact innocent of all charges......very shit of you.......so if someone acuses of rape.even though there was ptoff that you were in another country you would be happy that the police talk to you and just let you go free.....without anyone acknowledging that you were totally innocent..so your neighbours will alwaqys remember you as the one who was arrested for rape but the police couldn't make the case stick

c

• an you please look into the case of the guy who ran the last 10k in minus 14 minutes please.he asys he didn't use a time machine but if we check the photos I'm sure we can fiond evidence of the tardis

• SN - I think you are confusing the Manchester 2 with the actors who play Kevin Webster and Ken Barlow?

• I don't know if they were innocent of all charges. I'm just saying that we were unable to pursue the case further and prove any guilt. Not so much like the man in the TARDIS but more like OJ. I regret that in their street the net curtains will twitch and the neighbours will be thinking "are they marathon cheats" but if our action had helped to keep one more cheat off the street then it would have been worth it. Recording false times has to be taken seriously.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Seren, I think you're getting slightly upset and irrational here... a couple of chaps light heartedly bantering wondering whether race results were dodgy, is hardly the same as someone having a very public (ie properly public, not just the witterings of running nerds) serious accusation against them!!

I do think all charges should be dropped regarding the Manchester debacle though, and a lining of innocence passed on all of those involved.image

The Brighton one was way more interesting...

• I think we can have our own operation Yew Tree. Did Bill Roach run any marathons?
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭

/members/images/493151/Gallery/bupa1_1.JPG

Talking of proof. What does anyone make of this?

Clue, Its the genuine article. 

🙂

• Big-Bad-BobBig-Bad-Bob ✭✭✭

Not bad for a retired jockey and crime writer who must have been knocking on 80 at the time, Ric. Not bad at all.

• Night NurseNight Nurse ✭✭✭

Tippex image

only joking..... seriously RicF that's impressive

• but Ric your power of 10 has your PB at 76 mins doesn't it.,image