Options

What's racist then?

2»

Comments

• Options

What I meant was that the problems football faces are endemic and need to be delat with as a whole.

Having associations for black players, gay players or anything else doesn't get to the root of what is a throughly corrupt, nasty sport that attracts a lot of lowlife scum both in the stands and on the pitch. 

It puts problems into silos - everybody should be working together to tackle all of it not focusing on one issue above another.

• Options
    DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

The black footballers union wouldnt exclude white players from joining it, so it is not racist to create such a union.  If the driving outcomes were to collectively say black players should be paid more than white players, or should have more rights than white players then this is racist.  

This union is trying to gather same minded voices to give black & white players the same rights....such as playing without racist comments from players/crowds.

IMO its a terrible idea and should keep one PFA and address the racist issues as one complete group. so much has been achieved so to split now would be a big backward step

• Options

screama - right got you. i wouldnt argue with that. however what these footballers are saying is that the existing bodies (FA etc) are failing, and have failed, to achieve these aims, or backing them up with action.

I actually wouldnt necessarily agree. given their tiny budget and limited staffing, I think anti-racism movements have achieved a great deal. However, the drawn-out, inconsistent and weak rulings in the suarez/terry case have put us back a bit (or arguably shone a light on where we actually are).

• Options
    Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    Sigh indeed Peter. I was singled out at school for being one of the 299 white kids out of 300.

Well, if that's true, it sounds like a completely unusual set of circumstances for the UK.

• Options
    The BPOA, or LGBT groups within trade unions are a fine example and explains everything really clearly to everyone. Well done for giving us your clear, concise reasoning 2 wheels.
  • Options
    I hate to have to explain a joke Peter so I won't :0)
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Sorry, you're way to post-modern for me Sussex Runner. I bow to your rapier wit and retire gracefully.

• Options
    Bloody hell Peter. I never aim my so called rapier wit at you. Your'e one of the good guys.
  • Options

I'm the ONLY good guy! image