Indian Queens Half-Marathon

Looking forward to doing this as will be down in Cornwall on holiday that weekend. Race information says approximately 6 miles on trails. Any of these likely to be muddy or will road shoes be OK?

Comments

• KessmanKessman ✭✭✭

PeteS,road shoes will be fine.The course is relatively flat for cornwall,the trail 3mile section is covered twice out and back.

• Thanks for the advice, Kessman. I'll make sure I pack the Fast Witches then.

"Flat" and "Cornwall" - there's two words not usually found together in my experience of running in the SW so far! image

• I've done this only once, a few years ago, and my memories are of beautiful scenery ..and challenging HILLS! Perhaps they've rerouted it, or perhaps my memory is selective, but I wouldn't have called the run I did there relatively flat image! Saying that, it WAS very pretty and I was not put off doing it again, if I was in the area again.

• KessmanKessman ✭✭✭

The Queens course was changed 3 years ago,to make use of the gossmoor trail.

The original Queens course was indeed very challenging with proper Cornish hills.

Pete S,keep a look out for the wild life along the trail image ???  

• Kessman wrote (see)

The Queens course was changed 3 years ago,to make use of the gossmoor trail.

The original Queens course was indeed very challenging with proper Cornish hills.

Pete S,keep a look out for the wild life along the trail image ???  

Don't mind a few hills myself - all my training is hilly and I do the odd fell race now and again. Will relish running on the flat though with the possibility of a PB. Also, looking forward to seeing the "wildlife" - hope they don't attack the brass band! image

All sounds like a grand morning out.

• Looking forward to this. I entered on a whine seeing it is on when I am visiting the in laws. This could be the first time I have gone to Cornwall hoping for cool weather, it's getting a bit sweaty.

• Would this run be suitable for half marathon newbies, as my daughter and I are thinking of  joining. Currently able to run 6 miles although currently increasing distance weekly. We may still need to walk parts of the course and would hate to feel that we were hindering anyone.

• hi sue not done this one before so cant really say but most races tend to have a wide range of abilities. I find looking at last years results will give you a good idea of what sort of runner the event usually attracts. good luck if you do it

• I'm in and looking forward to a PB.......Hopefully!! image

• Thanks Pete. Hope you do well too.