Old London Marathon results

MelbowMelbow ✭✭✭
I'm trying to work out the results for all the London marathons my mum has run.I 've found those after 2001(6 races) but I'm sure her first race was 1997 but cant find any results for those upto 2001. any ideas?

Comments

• The best thing is what you already have done, ie post on here. Somebody will have them.

I have a full set of results for 1985 in front of me right now, but I dont think that is going to be a whole lot of use to you. Which years do you want besides 1997? List them and see who has them....

• Can't help with the online bit...but I did see a massive book in a running store the other day that had every finisher from the London Marathon...book was huge and cost a bout £60 i think
  • I need to bump this since I cannot find the 1982 results anywhere. I need to find out what my Dad's time was. 

Anyone got a copy of the results magazine they could look up if I gave the name? I know its a bit of a faff but I'd be grateful. 

• There is a huge blue book with all the results in up to a couple of years back...

Not quite sure what it is called, But Royles in Wilmslow used to have a copy

• Ok thanks. I found something called Aubrey's official register of london marathon but it only went back to 2000 unfortunately. 

• Am looking too. I found that Athletics Weekly publish the results after each marathon. I am trying to get them to send me the rest of this one from 1985 for a friend.

/members/images/716572/Gallery/aw.jpg

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Shame the RW site won't allow uploaded pictures of more than a poxy 250kb. Come on RW, give us a meg at least.

🙂

• At the moment there is a searchable database of all results since the very first race on The London Marathon website.

Go to Shopping ---- Official Merchandise ---- One in a Million T-shirt

• For the 1985 Athletics weekly results they are not the whole thing, only up to 3 hours. You can pick back copies cheaply on eBay as I just did the same thing for a friend. You need to get the May editions, they cover the two weeks after the event.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    GaryQQQ wrote (see)

At the moment there is a searchable database of all results since the very first race on The London Marathon website.

Go to Shopping ---- Official Merchandise ---- One in a Million T-shirt

Fantastic! 

• Hi, I am trying to get my London results from 2000. I can't seem to find them and while I have a picture of my finish I can't tell my bib# nor do I know my finishing place etc. to get credit for Abbott's majors. I have tried some of the methods above but no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks so much
  • Sorry to dig this one out of the depths of history, but I wondered if anyone could advise me if there’s currently an easy way to find my Dad’s London marathon time from somewhere between 1985-1987? I’ve tried finding the above magazines etc, and trying to find that online million database which doesn’t seem to be active anymore but I just haven’t had any luck. Many thanks
  • Hello speedbird. I have the copies of AW for those years so if your Dad’s time was included I could look it up for you.
  • > @cassagotham said:
    > Hello speedbird. I have the copies of AW for those years so if your Dad’s time was included I could look it up for you.

If you could that would be amazing thank you. We think it was 85 or 86 and the name is Haydn Wilson!
  • No luck speedbird. I checked for 1985/86/87.
    For 85 and 86 they only list up to 2:50:00 finishers and sub 3 hours for 1987.
  • > @cassagotham said:
    > No luck speedbird. I checked for 1985/86/87.
    > For 85 and 86 they only list up to 2:50:00 finishers and sub 3 hours for 1987.

Ah ok thanks so much for looking! I think he was around 3:00 give or take a few mins. I’ve read online about that book they published in 2016 to celebrate the millionth finisher. Have you ever seen one of those for sale or know where I could get one? Thanks! Josh
  • No, never seen it. Good luck with your search!
  • > @cassagotham said:
    > No, never seen it. Good luck with your search!

So sorry, I’ve just found an old picture and it was definitely 1988! I don’t suppose you have results for that year too! Thanks in advance