Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Ward6 - love the chart. It's the only one on this thread that I have understood. Although 'Pie I have yet to eat' is a bit alien to me.

YM - 28 years with Mrs Mac and she still doesn't accept my 'look'.I think it is because the jeans are flared.
  • Played my first volleyball match in 8 months tonight and we won 3 sets to 2 after a nail biting deciding set. Forgot how much fun it was to play in a team game. Hurting like he'll now though.
  • Simon MacD wrote (see)
    Ward6 - love the chart. It's the only one on this thread that I have understood. Although 'Pie I have yet to eat' is a bit alien to me.

I've never had 'pie I have yet to eat' either!! not for long enough to take a picture anyway! That's why I run!!

• Iain - terrific movie in so many ways. I am not a big Owen Wilson fan, but in this movie he is absolutely perfect. Great visuals. Great music. Oh, and a pending lawsuit against the Producers from the Hemmingway people image
  • Not too sure that I have fashion sense.  Eldest daughter and her friends sometimes think so but other times she's ashamed of me.  My formative years were during 2 tone/traditional skinhead/mod revival era and that still influences my music and fashion tastes.  So, my wardrobe contains desert boots, Loake brogues, a Barracuta harrington, Tootal scarf and invariably several Fred Perrys but it's not like I go out in loafers, tonic suit and pork pie hat...

I watched a couple of vaguely Paris related films recently: Hugo and A Monster in Paris. image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

Eggy, are you not?

Oh dear....

Emmy, there's actually a lot of truth in that  - once I worked out I was an hourglass shape (this is apparently a Good Thing!) having assumed I was a pear it all became a lot easier...

Just done my first tempo run for a month.  It hurt.  A lot. image

I'm still struggling to find outfits/colours that work... It's difficult being redheaded sometimes.

Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Emmy - Just heard this week's Marathon Talk - ace image

Ooh - i've not heard it.... I'll have to have a listen

I managed 8 miles last night.... feeling fully recovered from the weekend but ok.

• I really loved Hugo.  Midnight in Paris was good too - I didn't know about the lawsuit.

One of the good things about being married to a Meeedja luvvie is that he's a BAFTA member so at this time of year he gets sent literally dozens of films, which they then have to vote on for BAFTA awards.  So we get a winter of free films...and usually Master Maj has some stuff to watch that hasn't come out yet and gives him instant street cred image

• What more cred could he need than being married to royalty? image

Broke my new post-surgery rule this morning, to not run on consecutive days. Got another ruddy puncture on my MTB in the woods, so had to run home, pushing the bike for the last 2kms. Legs felt fine though. But it gets a bit warm when you've got all the cycling kit on! image

• Quick question guys: I have a strange pain. It's at the back of the knee, and hurts a little if I bend at the waist and lean forward, but REALLY hurts if I crouch down/ squat (kind of like it's in the fold of the knee, and it gets squashed). Any ideas what I should be googling for? My searches so far lead to baker's cyst - same as TD - but I don't think it's that.

I've had two days off and followed the principles of RICE, without much change. It doesn't hurt when running... but not being able to crouch is a problem when you have small kids!

• NB Baker's Cyst will manifest as a lump which will tighten and swell under pressure and will certainly be more uncomfortable when bending. Caused usually by a leak of sinovial fluid, mainly associated with meniscus probs. If a real prob ca be drained or cortisone injection can treat.
    Yer Maj...I've heard that said beforeimage Will be in Cardiff hoping for a better result this Friday night.

Spin class tonight, first in yoonks but am tapering for Saturdayimage

• Be careful what you wish for in Cardiff on a Friday night...image

• A Welsh win would be a good start point then we can see what's on offer or else back to Wales near England to help drown Welsh sorrowsimage

• Yes well it can't be any worse than last week's "effort" image

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Ward6, that pie chart made me laugh and laugh.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NnDAHY2jxR8/S_O2sHnGGxI/AAAAAAAAAG8/PJXJji7_HEA/s1600/meatloaf.png

* I'm too cold from today's run to do anything but google maths-related jokes. Weedy, I need to get out more even more than you....*

• Are you allowed to make reference to Rugby. I was told off for mentioning football.

On another note, what do people do in the week running up to a race. I generally do a run on the monday and then rest all week. Doing a half on sunday and have not done anything all week. I was getting a little tired. So decided to rest completely.

• James of course you can mention rugby.  It's the game of the gods.  Football is just silly. image

I generally don't run after Wednesday in the week leading up to a race.

• James - Don't listen to the Welsh. Football is fine, but any sport you thrown the ball backwards to go forwards is obviously broken.

For me on race week I tend to run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and then rest up for the race on Sunday. Although for my last two marathons I've done an easy paced short run the day before the race.

• Eggyh73 wrote (see)

James - Don't listen to the Welsh. Football is fine, but any sport you thrown the ball backwards to go forwards is obviously broken.

Ignore the Welsh at your peril, matey...

• I am English with an Irish wife, one daughter born in England and the other born in Wales. A right melting pot.

• plus my border collie is welsh.

• I live in Chester, and it's only recently we lost the right to fire arrows at the Welsh if they were this side of the barbed wire after dark

• Hang them from Walls I thought.

• I think the battles continue on a friday and saturday night in Rosies.

• makes a mess of the walls, and the Japanese tourists find it off putting

• I'm Scottish, live in Wales, occassionally support Sweden as Henrik was a good footballer when north of the border (Ducks for cover)

• English - work in chester - live in wales - from Wolverhampton - support the Albion

• An Englishman supporting Stirling Albion...whatever next?

• Lancastrian, Live in Chester, Don't work, think football is a game for pretty boys with nice handbags

• I've heard it said that the Welsh are half-way between Scottish and Human Beings...

[awaits incoming artillery] OK, I'll try a different tack. Given that I am an EU citizen, do you think it is OK if I put "Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize" on my CV?

• Straycelt - You'd better have good cover!!!

I used to love football but I CBA with it nowadays.......