Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

DV - gooooo get em!!

Kaz - hope the pain has gone down a bit for her.  YAY for no cast, they're a pain to work around.

YM - poor wee bummie wummie

Dannirr - trust disney to figure out good merch.

• RS - didn't get your message, sorry. You got my email?
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Well, I've done no training for a week and only 5 miles last weekend. Feeling much brighter now though. My voice has rejoined me and I went back to work today. Planning a slow 14 this weekend - not sure what the conditions underfoot will be like though so may end up on the treadmill.

Convocation? Must find this - I can't just use the e-mail confirmation then? Will follow your instructions tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice folks!
  • DV - you must be keeping Oats-so-simple in business at the moment with your fuelling for the race. DAMN good luck man! You are incredible and inspirational.

Iain - please drop me an email re good friday death march, or friend me on facebook - email is jimzagooner at aol dot com - facebook name is facebook dot com forward slash jimzagooner

• Homg, I know everyone's said it, but Christ the thread's moving fast today! No joke, 6 pages just while I was sleeping!!

My apologies, I can't remember who said what but here's me thoughts on it:

- DV, this ultra sounds epic! wow, just wow, and that's in normal weather! I can't imagine what it'll be like in the weather you're talking about!

-YM ouch ouch ouch, but it'll be better before you know it. Generally I find I hurt something else and forget all about the original injury!

-James/Iain you've got me concerned about this post race depression lark, will a 4 week European holiday fix or just postpone the issue? Better plan something for when I get home, right now can't see ANYTHING PP (post Paris)

ATM - oooh not viewable on mob devices image where's that laptop...

You're all getting me a bit concerned with this weather, I reckon I could deal with low teens, but all this snow I'm hearing about does NOT sound good! I don't want hypothermia from the mara?!? A cold day here right now is 22! Looking at last years vid I was thinking I'd be ok in 3/4 pants and singlet, but if its shit weather I'm screwed! I've not run any distance in cold cold weather kit!

Peter - good luck for Sun! I'm still a bit touch and go with itb/knee, but REALLY wanna do it so prob will image
  • Homg, I know everyone's said it, but Christ the thread's moving fast today! No joke, 6 pages just while I was sleeping!!

My apologies, I can't remember who said what but here's me thoughts on it:

- DV, this ultra sounds epic! wow, just wow, and that's in normal weather! I can't imagine what it'll be like in the weather you're talking about!

-YM ouch ouch ouch, but it'll be better before you know it. Generally I find I hurt something else and forget all about the original injury!

-James/Iain you've got me concerned about this post race depression lark, will a 4 week European holiday fix or just postpone the issue? Better plan something for when I get home, right now can't see ANYTHING PP (post Paris)

ATM - oooh not viewable on mob devices image where's that laptop...

You're all getting me a bit concerned with this weather, I reckon I could deal with low teens, but all this snow I'm hearing about does NOT sound good! I don't want hypothermia from the mara?!? A cold day here right now is 22! Looking at last years vid I was thinking I'd be ok in 3/4 pants and singlet, but if its shit weather I'm screwed! I've not run any distance in cold cold weather kit!

Peter - good luck for Sun! I'm still a bit touch and go with itb/knee, but REALLY wanna do it so prob will image

And thanks all for camera advice, will try out this weekend!
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

holy crap jimbobman.  That's quite a code if I didn't know what you mean.  It's okay Iain doesn't want to be real friends with us.  We're pretty scary. image

Iain, I can't find your email address.

• Oops, not helping thread length with double post, my bad! image
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Naughty aussie!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Good luck DV.

Yes I also get depressed after a race. Taking a day off after the VLM this year to avoid being at work and feeling so down.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Jus T - Those low temperatures you describe are what we in Scotland refer to as an intolerable heatwave!

• Jimbob, RS - have emailed you, courtesy of RR. (I fear I don't do the Facebook...)

Jus T - I'd day a 4 week holiday with your other half around some of the most wonderful places in the world will do well to stave off the blues!
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

You're coming to Glasgow, Just T? !

• Radar Sal wrote (see)

holy crap jimbobman.  That's quite a code if I didn't know what you mean.  It's okay Iain doesn't want to be real friends with us.  We're pretty scary. image

Iain, I can't find your email address.

Soory RS - its just ATM always cracks me up when she does that!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Yep you're right.  My side order of whiplash is taking my mind *right* off my arse...image

• I hope you're tucked up in bed by now DV, but all the best for tomorrow.
  • Hi Phill, Swindon Dave, Brian

DV - hope it goes well.

And good luck to everyone else racing/writing about legislative drafting this weekend.

Danni - year after they'll start all the races at 5am and call it the Grumpy.

Orbutt - you anywhere near a swimming pool?

Kaz - sounds like good news.

• DV- good luck tomorrow fella.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Weedy - The Disney races already start around that time.

Dannirr - That would be an amazing experience.

yer_maj - Whiplash? I hope your ok.
  • I just noticed that on ASO you can buy your personalised race video in advance for €3.99 / after the race it goes up to €14.99. Also, you can buy sms updates for 2 numbers for €1.99.

Is anyone else thinking of buying the race video in advance?

• Love the advice from our good friends at Schneider that "It's really important to avoid a level of effort causing breathlessness."

Who knew - we've all been doing it wrong all this time...

Yer Maj: Are you OK? Car accident?

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    MM - why are you reading this? Haven't you got a little report to write! It's a shame we cannot help, 10 000 words is just a morning's fun on this thread.

DV - why are you reading this? Haven't you got a little race to run! Good luck.
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Good luck DV.  I'm going to attempt my 16 miles this morning, fingers crossed....

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

well, it's snowing like proper proper snowing in London.  I think DV is going to need snow shoes!!

Weedy - hee hee hee, the grumpy.

I have a cold image

TD - what's the website for the long run?

• Forecast for tomorrows LSR 22mph winds and snow showers.........its going to be funimage

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

No snow here...

• Will time on feet ( 4hours delivering post) make up for no LSR?!?!image

• Depends how fast you're delivering image .

Sideways snow here. I do wonder what the TP100 organisers will do - if it keeps on like this there's a fair chance they'll have to cut it short.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that this thread is heading towards a quarter of a million views image ?