Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

...Maus & James.  Can't seem to find you - could be case sensitive or could just be me - but could you double check?

Hang on, I think I might be aj6161

• Hurrah! Just booked ITLR flights.

• Marathon Maus wrote (see)
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

...Maus & James.  Can't seem to find you - could be case sensitive or could just be me - but could you double check?

And once you've added me, you will be able to "witness my magnificent negative splits"!

• DLR & Yer_maj: mont st michel 3weeks today, so 16 miler a week tuesday, then 10 the following saturday then the race on 5th may. Am aiming for "no medical interference" nothing more or less oh and enjoyment. Am actually very calm about it have absolutely no expectations so can't go wrong really.

Am in process of convincing 3 friends to do Paris next year - as 2 work for a french bank it, and mr pf works for same french bank would be rude not to me thinksimage.

Would you believe it the wind has all but disappeared - why oh why didn't the wind play ball and wait until i'd done my run this morning.
  • Hi all! 

Went to real ale festival yesterday, had a skinful (which ended in late night takeaway, always a sign of a good night), then did a happy 8.5miles this morning. Lovely. 

Spent the afternoon in the garden reading/weeding. World War Z - pretty engrossing. Need to finish it asap! Partly as I've got book 3  part two of Game of Thrones to start.

How's everyone else? Lots of post mara colds, boo. Hope you all have had some nice spring like sunshine today!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    MM- I feel that we truly are partners in crime!

So... Yes I had a slight hangover (read: raging). Hubby was not best pleased that I fell asleep on the bathroom floor or that I was so outrageously drunk that i forgot how long the dinner should have been in the oven for....

But I had my penance. 2 hours in church at a communion this morning followed by a BBQ in the beautiful sun feeling like death warmed up!

I'm happy to have started the love in and really do love you image
  • First run today--3 miles with my 10 year old boy Jack and black lab, who ended up swimming in the canal twice since it was hotter than expected.

Signed up for the Brooklyn half marathon on the 18th of May since I have to work in NYC for 3 weeks. The race starts at 7am! My first race in the US.

Haven't seen any postings from Radar Sal.Did she got home safely. Last seen nursing a Guinness at Corcorans
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Of course I got home safely.  Have a very well tuned drunk homing pigeon gene.

• Sad news that a runner died in Brighton today
  • Absolutely superb day today....  image     First day of proper sunshine all year...  t-shirt weather and shades...   lovely...!   I've got Mrs DV and two of her friends to agree to come and run at Paris 2014.  Might have a third friend join in too.   We'll bring the children and take them to Euro Disney for a day too.  

We were all at a bike race today and on the aid/food station at the finish...  it has been lots of fun, much helped by the lovely weather...   only one crash/incident that required hospital....   image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

KeyserSuze - World War Z, that's a fantastic book. You can't beat a bit of zombie apocalypse. The Game of Thrones books are great too.

Onetit - That's sad news.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

Absolutely superb day today....  image     First day of proper sunshine all year...  t-shirt weather and shades...   lovely...!   I've got Mrs DV and two of her friends to agree to come and run at Paris 2014.  Might have a third friend join in too.   We'll bring the children and take them to Euro Disney for a day too.  

Who's going to look after them during the race?  Kaz's girls don't seem too traumatised...but the TD and DLR baby sitting service may move a bit fast for them next year.image

Onetit - awful news!  Going to put the bristol's up everyone for London.

• Radar Sal wrote (see)
    Dark Vader wrote (see)

Absolutely superb day today....  image     First day of proper sunshine all year...  t-shirt weather and shades...   lovely...!   I've got Mrs DV and two of her friends to agree to come and run at Paris 2014.  Might have a third friend join in too.   We'll bring the children and take them to Euro Disney for a day too.  

Who's going to look after them during the race?  Kaz's girls don't seem too traumatised...but the TD and DLR baby sitting service may move a bit fast for them next year.image

One of the husbands has offered to look after the children and leap-frog the race..  image

• Emmy H wrote (see)
    MM- I feel that we truly are partners in crime!

So... Yes I had a slight hangover (read: raging). Hubby was not best pleased that I fell asleep on the bathroom floor or that I was so outrageously drunk that i forgot how long the dinner should have been in the oven for....

But I had my penance. 2 hours in church at a communion this morning followed by a BBQ in the beautiful sun feeling like death warmed up!

I'm happy to have started the love in and really do love you image

I'll bring the handcuffs next time (if DLR ever gives them back)...

Sadly I have no excuses - I have become too 'pissfit' for my own good. I have full recollection of the entire evening, as does my neighbour, who I'm sure was delighted by my and my friend's rousing renditions of Hall and Oates classics.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    RS - I've got a friend that ran Brighton today and ran past them trying to revive the runner. Not a pretty sight.

Hmm... I wish I could remember why I wanted to sleep in the bathroom. DLR has your pair as well?
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Emmy H wrote (see)
    RS - I've got a friend that ran Brighton today and ran past them trying to revive the runner. Not a pretty sight.

That's awful!  Like jimbob's finish in Paris. image

• Oh Emmy, that's awful. About Brighton I mean.

I'm sure you had very logical reasons for sleeping in the bathroom. Ever the pragmatist, you will have been saving yourself cleaning time should the need arise to commune with the porcelain gods.

• Dannirr...  that web link is broken...   try again?

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Next year I'm up for pole waving, baby sitting, and handcuffs.
  • MM - pissfit? Oh, we're going to have some fun doing ITLR image

Did anyone hear what happened to the guy getting CPR at the finish line in Paris? I didn't hear any reports of fatalities, so I guess he must have been OK?

First run of the year in shorts. No watch, just for fun.

PF - take your runners to St A's. You can run along the beach and re-live the opening scene of Chariots of Fire.

http://youtu.be/BUsn8GvWfYY
  • That's such terrible Brighton news, it'll make everyone just that much more cautious. Poor runner, I'm sure that's the last thing they expected.

Superb weather, hey DV! I'm loving being a tourist with it like this, with yesterday's rain not so much...

Garmin Connect - anyone know how to change your username? Somehow mine's my full proper email address, would prefer if it were something a little more obscure. And I tried searching for groups, but no luck, may well be a PICNIC issue?
  • yeh..   that's one for the bucket list...  there is a pirate who has done that one.  There is also a South Pole version...   I think the South Pole appeals to me more though...   loving all these crazy adventures...image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

It's jolly well rained here all day....

Pissfit?  Love it.  I'm chuckling at how approximately 75% of the thread got steaming at some point this weekend image

• Radar Sal wrote (see)
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

DLR - The Bristol Convocations... You are some kinda genius dude!

Maus will be along shortly to correct this statement.

Iain was merely acknowledging my delegation skills.

Marathon Maus wrote (see)

And once you've added me, you will be able to "witness my magnificent negative splits"!

I'll get the webcam going again.

(And if you're not aj6161 someone else is - invite sent)

Princess Fiona wrote (see)
     Am aiming for "no medical interference" nothing more or less oh and enjoyment. 

They can be struck off for that.

Radar Sal wrote (see)

Of course I got home safely.  Have a very well tuned drunk homing pigeon gene.

Aye, and you told me I'd got to get you back in one piece; which I did very well up until the point I abandoned you by the arc at 1am...

I'll bring the handcuffs next time (if DLR ever gives them back)...

I just need to give them a wash.

Emmy H wrote (see)

Hmm... I wish I could remember why I wanted to sleep in the bathroom. DLR has your pair as well?

I refer the (dis)honourable lady to the answer I gave a few moments ago.

• Just catching up - well done Bedders, cracking time!

And we'll done to the pissfit and not so pissfit. I was pretty sober unfortunately - my brain still thinks I need to get up early and run 20 miles, and won't let me overdo it on the alcohol front. Hopefully this will pass.

TP - I pass though Dallas on one if my favourite cycle runs. Lovely wee village, but if I am going more than 15 miles per hour I miss it.
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Who's going to post it?  next one is 15,000!!!