Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Weedy - This is far better than any Carry On film

DLR - Everyone understands your comments but we're pretending that we are of better education.  However we're all stuck to our screens eagerly waiting for the next comment....

I thought taper madness was bad but no-one warned me of post marathon insanity !

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Just watching all this Boston bomber manhunt coverage. One suspect dead the other on the run. Much of Boston locked down in case you haven't been following.

I hope they manage to catch the other suspect alive because people need answers.

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I wanted to do the Shrewsbury Half (thought about the full one) but the wife said no.

Need a new wife..........

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Just sent a begging text to the wife........

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    James B 73 wrote (see)

I wanted to do the Shrewsbury Half (thought about the full one) but the wife said no.

Need a new wife..........

Ha image  Does she need to know? Could you get away with saying you're doing the half plus a 13 mile warm down? image

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Her silence is deafening. I can see she has read the message.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Guys I have been thinking (I know, I know, it's a worry...)...now we all know each other fairly well and we're starting to do more offline stuff together, would it maybe be beneficial to set up a Paris group on Facebook for some of the more social stuff?  Most of us are on there and we can send Maus round to bully anybody who isn't. 

Two reasons really - one, it'll keep arrangements etc in one place so we don't have to trawl back through 20 pages of DLR's tossing to find out where we're meeting in 6 months' time and two, we're such a tight knit group in some ways that it miught be offputting for some poor soul who wants to join in for next year and find we're all planning to go and visit my mother for the weekend.

Happy to set one up if you guys agree?

James - time to exert your will, my friend.  Your wife will love Shrewsbury...she can talk to my Mum image

• Good evening Cleveland! ....Are we treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry here?

• James, far be it from me to lead you astray, but sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

• yer_maj wrote (see)

We're going to need a Shrewsbury Flag.

And matching strip.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Weedy is in charge of the strip.

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

We used to live in Shrewsbury. Parents still do. I'm sure I could sell it to her.

• I am well and truly in the huff!!imageimage I am in Shrewbury area for 10 days in June,. departing on the 16th back to Manchester to fly home on the 17th. Its noooooooooooooot fair!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Noooooooo Kaz!!!

ETA - whereabouts?  I could maybe pop up and see you one day?

• Marathon Maus wrote (see)

James, far be it from me to lead you astray, but sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Begging. Man's idea of foreplay? image

James. I think you are better off focused on how to make your sweet wife the happiest woman in the world. It's usually the best approach for asking for anything. You have plenty of time to get that right before you bring up Shrewsbury HM again.

I got out to fo a 14K run at lunchtime and it rained. I really enjoyed it. It's been a while since I've seen my legs go red and felt sweat being washed off my face.  We are very fortunate to be able to do this thing we love.

Yer_Maj. Sounds like a terrible idea (FB). Count me in.

• Kaz: But you have to. You just have to.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I think the Shrewsbury thread needs livened up image

I'll set up a FB group - any suggestions for a name?  Or will we go with Paris Threaders on tour giving it Large?

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

can't seem to find a closing date.

• Continuance of The Bristol Convocation to make it a bit leftfield Yer_Maj?

• DLR: I can get pretty cheap flights into Liverpool with sleazyjet. Would arrive in at 905 but would happily wait around until you're passing through.

TD: Not that I'm biased, but I do rather like 'The Bristol Convocation'...

• YM - I am  doing a training course thing for 10 days finishing about 9pm daily.....its going to be hard work.

And I am still pootsin.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Ooooh I've just ordered another P&D book entitled "Road Racing for Serious Runners".  Clearly it should be retitled "Road Racing for Comedians" but nonetheless I am excited about a new book to add to the growing collection image

Bristol Convocations it is, then.  Stand by for your invites

*Must do some work*

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Ok it's up and running and I've added all of you who are connected to me on fb

• Yer_maj - good idea on fb group, hoorah. 

Just continued the carbo loading with roast potatoes, gravy and cheese for lunch. So. very. salty. And can now think of nothing less I'd like to do than work. Ho hum. 

The invite still stands, by the way - if anyone fancies a trip to Norwich or is passing through, we've got a couple of guest rooms for any of you. Perhaps without helium gas, but definitely with marshmallows and flag poles. 

• @KeyserSuze wrote (see)

The invite still stands, by the way - if anyone fancies a trip to Norwich or is passing through, we've got a couple of guest rooms for any of you. Perhaps without helium gas, but definitely with marshmallows and flag poles. 

Am utterly losing my ability to steer through the mire of euphemisms and doubt my ability to read sincere statements any more. I'm just a simple boy really, born in Blackpool but come good, innocent in nature and likes to run. Do i need help?

• Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
    @KeyserSuze wrote (see)

Am utterly losing my ability to steer through the mire of euphemisms and doubt my ability to read sincere statements any more. I'm just a simple boy really, born in Blackpool but come good, innocent in nature and likes to run. Do i need help?

You have help. Us.

• Marathon Maus wrote (see)

DLR: I can get pretty cheap flights into Liverpool with sleazyjet. Would arrive in at 905 but would happily wait around until you're passing through.

TD: Not that I'm biased, but I do rather like 'The Bristol Convocation'...

9:05 in Liddypool is a doddle.  I can be there.

• Well those last few pages cheered me up...!

Glad to hear your ma is okay MM.

Hope all poles, long or short, flags of various colours etc. are all ready for waving on Sunday, I shall be studying the tv closely.  Look out for Howsey, he's got a Penistone banner (three shirts I think) and will be about the similar stops as you, and will be looking out for you.

Good news on a FB page, count me in.

Off out for a short jog now, it's drizzle and cold.......we had summer two days ago.

• Thanks 1T - she's been very lucky.

DLR: Flights booked. I fly back on Monday morning, so can catch the train back there from Shrewsbury in the morning (I hope).