Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Thanks all and well done all else who ran.. YM - I had a bit of a dodgy foot after Paris so only really decided I was doing it on Thursday or Friday , so never really publicised the fact I was potentially doing it and not really on the forum last week, head down trying to fix foot up. Glad I did though, as OO says unbeatable support.

I did see someone today who looked like you YM but don't think it was, whoever it was didn't look like they were with anyone in particular. She looked at me funny, probably cause I was staring at her!

RS -cause not on forum this week I didn't know where you would be so didn't really look out for you to be honest! I did think of you around 23 or 24 though when I ran by what looked like large group of Aussies supporting.

Err...Eggy I assume the stool flag was a flag attached to a stool as opposed to a flag of the Bristol stool chart?!? Speaking of which...last minute carb loading last night saw me buying a pint of milk to go on porridge after my evening pasta...swallowed first mouthful, as it went down...mmm...not sure this tastes quite right....milk dated 15th April!!! Fingers down throat didnt have any result so spent time until asleep feeling very nervous assessing every movement in my guts!! Luckily there was no ill effect. Porridge made with water this morning! Anyone in London beware the small grocers on the corner of Praed St and Craven Terrace!
  • Just read back few posts and seen pic of stool,flag, all clear now, I can go to sleep without worrying about it.
  • Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

You can sleep after seeing my magnificient stool? (we had over 6 hours of stool jokes  yesterday and it didn't get less funny)

YM - puke?!?  when did someone puke over your bag?

• Weedy - I'm alright thanx. Making training plans and studying and running has been my distraction all weekend!!

Glad everyone survived yesterday, and well done everyone especially the runners!!

It f****g freezing here this morning, but got 5 miles done as the sun and wind were getting up. Need food but there is nothing in this hoose for me to eat...........the woman who does the shopping is just plain useless!

• Cracking weekend...  well done everyone...!    image

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Well done all of the VLM crowd - runners and supporters. I shall keep applying and hoping to get a place image Anyone know when the ballot opens?

• kaz1 wrote (see)
    To where DLR??

Isle of Man Kaz.

Orbutt wrote (see)
    DLR - we're looking into the logistics. When are you flying out/back?
    Have you booked a hotel (Douglas/Ramsay)?

I think I've booked Friday to Monday.  Not looked at accomodation as yet.

yer_maj wrote (see)

DLR's hands were practically in his groin.  The question of whether there was anything wrong with his hamstrings remains to be seen  ;)

I still haven't washed them.

• I'm knackered.

My throat hurts.

I can't speak well.

I have a perforated left ear drum.

• OO - I think I might have seen you - I definitely saw a bloke with his top off image. I love that your idea of a sensible pace is 3:05.

I think I'm more knackerd than I was after Paris. And have we established who was sick on yer_maj?
  • Orbutt i think it opens 29th April
  • Wasn't me...I did bring up a little while running but had to swallow it back down yuk!! I think it was the lucozade gels thy were giving out, nasty things!
  • OO: sensible 3:05 - I'm in total agreement with RR - I call that way out of my league!!!

supoorts club:  fancy a trip to Mont St Michel may bank holiday weekend I know a little marathon taking placeimage

Well have woken up with tight calfs, hamstrings, ankles - tight everything really .... is this taper madenss?  do I really need to run 14 miles tomorrow (missed from this weekend) ... questions .. questions  need rest and sleep (uninterrupted would be good ....) could I just do 10 - 14 .... why am I second guessing myself (again!!!!!!)  ..thnk I'll take the dogs out.

Oh am thinking of having hair cut like Anne Hathaway - for those of you who've seen me on fb what do you think??? will it suit??? Or shouldnt one change hairstyle during taper madness???

• Pri-Fi - short hair is gorgeous and lovely, although you did look quite stunning in your last set of pics on FB. A trip to MSM sounds lovely, it's just such a long drive from here. 6-7 hours I reckon. As I know this morning having done something similar, it makes for a very long weekend to do that in two directions.

Dannirr wrote (see)

Well done all runners - you really are an inspiration to me.

I am insanely jealous of you all getting together.   You know, we do have marathons over here in the US - you could all come over.....   We have a huge house - we'll put all of you up.  Pleeeeeeez.

I completely empathise with you Danni. It feel shorrible to be left out of the party and i guess it is doubly woprse for you given your being bed-ridden in Paris. Would love to come and see you one day, with a big posse. Would similarly love to entertain people here in La Belgique, once I can be certain that my daughters are safe from various groin rubbers and willy-twitching

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I spent the mornin watching the VLM from my little van in porthmadog. And to say I was jealous is an understatement.

However, having done a 6 mile run on Saturday, I would not have been able to do Paris and London with a two week rest.

Well done to all those who competed (not just London but elsewhere).

Has a FB site been set up yet?

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

I'm knackered.

My throat hurts.

I can't speak well.

I have a perforated left ear drum.

MM - What did you do to him ?

PF - are you Scottish ?  Scots are renown for being tight ! Stretching, rolling, physio and you'll be great with your aerodynamic haircut.

• I'm doing a 24 hr race on the weekend of 25/26 May...   we'll be taking a tent as 'base camp' and the family will be camping out for the weekend...   all are welcome to come and join in and offer support...    it's just to the north of Canterbury, Kent, so not really accessible by public transport.  Bring a tent...!   If you get bored, there is a beach not too far away that you can drive off to for a paddle and an ice-cream...  and a pub just a few minutes walk away...

• Been a great weekend, really enjoyed it.  Fantastic to see Maus, sal, yer_maj, suzy, JB, DV, Eggy, Audrey, Suze...

....but special thanks for the lovely hostess at Rodent Towers B&B!

• Princess Fiona wrote (see)

Oh am thinking of having hair cut like Anne Hathaway - for those of you who've seen me on fb what do you think??? will it suit??? Or shouldnt one change hairstyle during taper madness???

Definitely taper madness PriFi.

As for the Anne Hataway-esque cut.....YES! YES! YES!

• seanb wrote (see)
    Wasn't me...I did bring up a little while running but had to swallow it back down yuk!! I think it was the lucozade gels thy were giving out, nasty things!

That and the sour milk!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

OK, from the top:

Sean, I was looking at a man who looked *just* like you...but couldn't have been because you weren't there, right?  So it sounds like we were doing the "eyes meeting over a crowded marathon" without even realising it.  Awww.

Nobody puked *on* me, but some poor man was having a major barf behind us soon after we arrived at Cannon Street (we were standing just after a water station and quite a lot of it was coming right on back up...).  JB went to cuddle him for a bit.  Anyway, by the time I realised that all the vom had run down the pavement it was too late because my bag was sitting in the middle of it image  Hey ho, it was mainly water.  Fair play to him though, after a manly hug from Jim, he carried on.

Maus has to be the most prolific supporter I have ever known.  She even gives my SIL a run for her money with her duracell bunny capacities. 

Dannirr - I'd LOVE to come to visit image  Similarly TD and I don't have a willy or an uncontrollable groin so that makes me safe, right?  We managed to spend a day with JB's 6 year old daughter yesterday and not traumatise her too much.  She knows an awful lot about stools, plus all the words to "Do your ears hang low", mind...

James B - yep, the facebook group has been set up. 

PF - go for it - I have never regretted getting may hair cut short from mid-back length.  And you've got the right face shape for it.  And yes, of course you've got taper madness.  Embrace it....we're here to help you though it.... image

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Yer Maj - is it bristol convocations?

• Oh am thinking of having hair cut like Anne Hathaway - for those of you who've seen me on fb what do you think??? will it suit??? Or shouldnt one change hairstyle during taper madness???

I think your hair looks good on you...  I'm not sure whether an Anne Hathaway cut would work, and you can't stick it back on...!   If you feel brave and want to try it, then give it a go..  it'll always grow back again.....

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

JB - that's the one

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

ive sent a request! the burning question is whether I will be accepted.........

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

i've been approved. I'm so excited.........

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

It's ok, I have no standards.  You're in.

• yer_maj wrote (see)

It's ok, I have no standards.  You're in.

Said the actress to the... oh forget it.

• Normal service is resumed. Have at image

I've probably missed a load off who are doing Shrewsbury on Jun 22 and Isle of Maus on Aug 11, so just let me know and I'll update next week.

Apr 27: Shakespeare Rotary Marathon - Richard L.
    Apr 28: Chirk Sprint Tri - Dave The Ex Spartan. Sunderland Half - Iain M.
    May 1: Montauban 18k - Onetit.
    May 3: North York Moors Marathon - Weedy.
    May 4: Bewl Marathon - Emmy.
    May 5: Mont St Michel Marathon - Princess Fi. Richmond Half - Tiddy. Richmond Marathon - Emmy.
    May 6: Milton Keynes Marathon - Emmy.
    May 9: Trois Rocs Trail Ultra - Onetit.
    May 11: Kintyre Way Ultra - ATM. Mallorca IM70.3 - Engineer.
    May 12: Chester Half - Dave The Ex Spartan. Great Ethiopian Run half - RR.
    May 18: Brooklyn Half - Alexander.
    May 19: North Norfolk Half - Keyser Suze. Port Sunlight 10k - Orbutt.
    May 25-26: Chislet 24-hour challenge - DV.
    May 26: Brussels 20k - Pottermoss. Edinburgh Marathon - DJ Wolf, Tiddy, NCane, Weedy. Mull of Kintyre Half - Helterskelter. Paris-St Germain 20k - TP.
    May 27: London 10k - Carl D, Jimbob, Nic E.
    Jun 1: Absersoch 10k - James B.
    Jun 8: Luxembourg Marathon - Emmy.
    Jun 9: Bala Half Ironman - Dave The Ex Spartan. Mersey Tunnel 10k - Orbutt.
    Jun 15/16: South Downs Way Ultra - DV.
    Jun 21: Nacht van Vlaaanderen Marathon - Emmy.
    Jun 22: Gent midsummer night 10k - Emmy.
    Jun 22/23: Hadrian's Wall Ultra - Richard L, Weedy.
    Jun 23: Alnwick Half - Iain M. Shrewsbury Half - DLR, James B, Maus, Suzy M, Yer Maj, Dick Turpin, Sir Roger Daley, Sergeant Jock Strapp. Torbay Half - Jimbob.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday.
    Jun 29: Giants Head Trail Marathon - Emmy.
    Jul 4: Peachtree 10k - Danni.
    Jul 14: Manchester 10k - James B.
    Jul 16-18: Badwater Ultra - DV.
    Jul 16-22: In The Long Run (Bratislava to Brussels) - Emmy, Helterskelter, Iain M, Maus, RR, Suzy M, TD, Weedy.
    Jul 21: Run Melbourne Half - Jus T.
    Jul 27-28: Thunder Run - Malcs.
    Jul 28: Ironman Switzerland - Engineer.
    Jul 30: Maus' birthday.
    Aug 3: The Devil O' The Highlands Ultra - Kaz.
    Aug 5: Dublin Half - Straycelt.
    Aug 10: North Downs Way Ultra - DV.
    Aug 11: Isle of Man Marathon/Half - DLR, Iain M, Maus, Weedy.
    Aug 17: Helsinki Marathon - Pottermoss.
    Sep 7: Aberfeldy Marthon - Clag.
    Sep 8: Run to the Beat Half - Jimbob.
    Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Sep 15: Great North Run - Iain M, Jimbob, RS, Steve Duffy, Tiddy, Weedy.
    Sep 21-22: Cotswolds 102m ultra - DV.
    Sep 22: Ladybower 35 - RR.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Iain M, Jimbob, Kaz, Neil B, Orbutt, RS, Suzy M, Tiddy. Paris-Versailles 16k - TP.
    Oct 6: Barcelona Tri - Simon Mac. Cardiff Half - Yer Maj. Royal Parks Half - Carl D. Onetit's birthday.
    Oct 8: Jersey Marathon - Princess Fiona.
    Oct 13: Chicago Marathon - Danni.
    Oct 20: Abingdon Marathon - Steve Duffy. Amsterdam Marathon - Megs, Weedy. Cabbage Patch 10k - Nic E. Yorkshire Marathon - Malcs.
    Oct 20-25: Inverness to Skye 136k - TP.
    Oct 26: Beachy Head Marathon - Yer Maj.
    Oct 27: Frankfurt Marathon - Emmy. Venice Marathon - Elizabeth. Marine Corps Marathon - Fanfan, Iain M, Rick.
    Oct 28: Dublin Marathon - Carl D, James B.
    Nov 2: DLR's birthday.
    Nov 3: New York Marathon - Tiddy.
    Nov 24: Florence Marathon - Engineer.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.
    Dec 8: Newcastle Racecourse Marathon - Weedy.
    Dec 27: Wiol's birthday.
    Dec 31: TD's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO's birthday.
    Jan 9-12: Disney Dopey - Danni.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 19: DV's birthday.
    Jan 29: Kaz's ginormous dog's birthday.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Mar 1: RS's birthday.
    Mar 8: Jus T's birthday. Peter B's birthday.
    Apr 8: Alexander's birthday.
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.

Apr 13: Paris Mara

• James B 73 wrote (see)

i've been approved. I'm so excited.........

CONGRATULATIONS! image

• Weedy - please can you remove me from Torbay on June 23rd and add me to the rocking event of the year that is shrewsberry!