Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Emmy
    I get the impression that you are pretty computer savvy, so hopefully you'll understand the explanation.
    The first thing to understand is that the video is actually downloaded, at least in part, onto your machine - in order for it to play.
    What we need to do is make sure that the entire video is downloaded and not just part of it.

I use Internet Explorer, so the instructions will relate to that.

So, go to one of your online videos and set it playing.
    Right click on the video as it is playing and click on 'Settings'This will bring up the Flash Player settings.
    There should be 5 tabs that appear, select the 'Local Storage' tab (looks like a file) and drag the slider to the far right (unlimited) then click Close.

Within Internet Explorer, Click Tools Internet Options
    Within Browsing History click Settings - this will show you where your Temporary Internet files are stored.
    Click View Files.
    This will open a Windows Explorer window.

This is the bit where it can be hit or miss.

The downloaded file will be shown here as a .mp4 file.

Click on the Type heading, to sort the list by file type

Now, in Internet Explorer reload the page and wait for the entire video to load (watch the progress bar. You may need to pause the video to stop it auto playing)

Then, go back to your Temporary Files and refresh this page (F5).
    Fingers crossed, you should have at least one mp4 file here now.
    If you do, copy and paste it to another folder.

For each video that you want to keep, Load it Pause It Find it in your Folder Save it.

The above works on my Laptop but I can't see the mp4 files on my Desktop or Mrs O's laptop.

Hopefully it will work for you. If not, give me a shout and I'll see if I can find a solution.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Orbutt- you are a legend!

• James B 73 wrote (see)

because I am proud of my achievement I am going to frame my medal with a phot of me at the finish.

Has anyone done this before or could anyone recommend a reputable framer?

jAMES, I did my own with my London marathon 2010 medal, a 7"x5" finisher photo of me crossing the line, and a scaled down finisher certificate. I used an IKEA frame that sits 3 portrait 7" x 5" photos side by side. I did quite a good job of it, put the photo on the left, the medal in the middle using he rough black art paper/card to sit behind the virgin red ribbon, and the certificate on the right. There's a bit of a virgin red theme throughout - it looks OK. I earned that medal i hobbled the last 12 miles finishing my first marathon in 5.16 and it was a massive achievement for me so i display it very proudly. I will be doing something for my Paris medal, photo, certificate in more of a green theme, but i'll be going for a different shaped frame and havent seen the style i want yet.

btw for what its worth, i'm proud of every medal i have - i earnt every bloody one of them with varying degrees of race difficulty, pace, conditions, i don't think anyone doesn't try their best when they run a race, so to finish is an achievement however you do it.

Btw KS - you ran London a teeny bit slower than paris? - you ran two marathons in two weeks - you're hardcore woman! (lets face it we're only human - Emmy is from another planet but every other person on this thread would find it TOUGH AS fxxk to run two marathons in two weeks so well done you - i could not do it and seeing people struggling past, i would not be able to do it. Maybe with more experience over the distance i could attempt it - mentally, but physically it would be impossible to replicate the same form in both races. So - your times were pretty close and that is pretty amazing -  SO WELL BLOODY DONE YOU AND THE OTHERS ON THIS THREAD - get the fancy frame, and frame London and Paris together because you all did something extra special! image

• TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
  • +1 for what TBJ just said. A sprint triathlon on Sunday brought me to my knees. I don't think I could have could have ran (or walked) another marathon.

I have looked at other forum threads from time to time and there does seem to be some other good ones out there. (Not up to the Paris standard obviously!) However, others seem to be the playground of aggressive, bullying, arguementative, saddos. Best to avoid and ignore these places and people methinks.
  • TrevOTrevO ✭✭✭
    Orbutt - you don't happen to know where the hd pictures are kept as well?
  • TJB is what I meant... ? The Bobjim doesn't have the same ring to it.
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

How are you feeling today Simon?  can we start taking the piss out of you again yet?

• Bring it on Yer-maj. I have missed it.
  • Oh and Dannirr, that is very kind, and tempting (and brave) invitation. So, autumn 2014 is pencilled in.
  • KS - Fantastic t-shirtage.  Like JB said - 2 in 2 weeks is unfathomable to me.  

Dannirr - fantastic pictures.  As the least well travelled person on the thread I'd love to come to the US.  Just might take some saving and planning!

Kaz - never let anyone knock any or your achievements.

• Autumn 2014 is when our trip to America is planned for.............wonder what BF would say if I start interfering in his meticulous planning?!!!
  • DLR- Thanx but the b******* always succeed in bringing me down! They're worse than the bloody chimp!!
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Well, first weekend of September is the Turtle Marathon and Half Marathon and 10K in Roswell, NM - you know, where the aliens landed that we keep in top security prison here in Area 53 - and that is but a short drive from our house.....so, we could plan on running that and I'll take anyone brave enough flying....

Or, can just do some wonderful trail running through the mountains in early October followed by the amazing Balloon Fiesta.....  always fun to take the ski lift to the top of Sandia Mountain and then run or bike down the ski runs, and then while the day away exploring NM....

Can you tell I'm passionate about NM?  And y'all?

• Looking ahead to Berlin, as there's a few of us running, could the Berlin veterans (Kaz, TD, Eggy et al) have a think about any tips they could share?  I'm thinking along the lines of ATM's Paris notes covering things like:

• transport on the day
    • Expo
    • Bag storage
    • feed stations
    • toilets
    • course
    • support

The practical stuff that it's helpful to know if you've not been there before.

• kaz1 wrote (see)
    DLR- Thanx but the b******* always succeed in bringing me down! They're worse than the bloody chimp!!

The chimp will always panic and fear the worst when people knock things - no matter how unjustified.  Get some auto pilots in place girlimage

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Well, first weekend of September is the Turtle Marathon and Half Marathon and 10K in Roswell, NM - you know, where the aliens landed that we keep in top security prison here in Area 53 - and that is but a short drive from our house.....so, we could plan on running that and I'll take anyone brave enough flying....

Or, can just do some wonderful trail running through the mountains in early October followed by the amazing Balloon Fiesta.....  always fun to take the ski lift to the top of Sandia Mountain and then run or bike down the ski runs, and then while the day away exploring NM....

Can you tell I'm passionate about NM?  And y'all?

That all sounds just about perfect to me....I've even started researching flight prices image...which airport?

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

I know I said I wouldn't, but I could just not help myself.....

/members/images/698298/Gallery/DSCN0141.jpg

We'll even make you great food!  And you can help yourself to wine, even home made wine in my wine rack I cobbled together from discarded horse shoes

/members/images/698298/Gallery/_DAN1588.jpg

/members/images/698298/Gallery/_DAN1654.jpg

And lastly (I did not say finally as I know you wont believe me anymore)

A tougher challenge to tell me what Church this is:

/members/images/698298/Gallery/_DAN1621.jpg

I obviously need to be runnng more and sitting on my butt less

• DLR - Berlin was my first and I loved it. October 2011 seems like a lifetime ago now, but I'll rack (what's left of) my brain to try and remember the good, the bad and the ugly. I think IM2 was there last year? (I think the Expo may have moved, but I could be wrong?). Might be a new airport now too...
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Actually, pretty perfect would be Balloon Fiesta and NM exploration first week or so of October, followed by the Albuquerque Marathon (basically flat but at 5 000 ft elevation) along the Rio Grande River the following weekend.

That way, we can all be taper mad while flying balloons, and carb loading on NM food. Sounds about ideal to me.

• James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I presume the Turtle Marathon Starts at 5.30am because it is so hot during the day.

• Nice wine rack Dannirr.

The 'Frightened Turtle' would suit me better....

Btw, my phone is working again so I am making the most of it before it crashes again....
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Dannirr wrote (see)

Actually, pretty perfect would be Balloon Fiesta and NM exploration first week or so of October, followed by the Albuquerque Marathon (basically flat but at 5 000 ft elevation) along the Rio Grande River the following weekend.

That way, we can all be taper mad while flying balloons, and carb loading on NM food. Sounds about ideal to me.

STOP!!  Enough!  You had me at "House in NM"...

As it's my wedding anniversary on Thursday I plan to use it to my advantage...Mr Maj will be such a happy man that he'll agree to anything image

• As a total 'scaredy pants' I will happily take photographs of the balloons. From the ground....
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I'm scared to death too but it ain't stopping me.  Not this time....

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

My eldest son turns 21 today (can't quite believe it). Here he is finishing up a run in NM a few yrs ago, as well as a nice mountain running trail:

He's the taller runner 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6fykXvoXc

• Dan: I'm in. Hopefully, I'll be still in the northern hemisphere (though possibly packing supermarket bags at Tesco's rather than gainfully employed in my trained profession!).

And is that a hummingbird? My favourite bird ever...any chance I'd see a live one?

The pursuit for a Berlin place continues...
  • DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I'm scared to death too but it ain't stopping me.  Not this time....

As long as you don't stand over the trap door or pull the red line, you'll be fine...image

Oh, and if you want to be sure to get back onto the ground safely you should probably brush up on your CPR in case I pass out during the flight...

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Is you son recovered now Danni?

My preliminary enquiries with Mr Maj elicited "This is either divorce or some runny type thing, right?" image