Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Hello Engineer. Been away or lurking?

• Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Class Harrington jacket DLR.

I have a Baracuta G-9 and I confess that I live in it.  Best thing to come out of Manchester.

• Big family party this weekend up North in Tain. And some camping. And no running....

• Any Excel experts here this evening..?   I need help..

How do I add times together in a column, so that it displays the clock time..?

For example      1:00pm  + 1hr 44mins  =   2:44pm

and then...    2:44pm  +   1hr 44ms  =  ?    and so on......

I just can't seem to make this work..

I'll put this on FB in case anyone is there and not here....

• Sorry DV, can't help.

Good luck for tomorrow in case you're not on here again. Keep us posted on how you're getting on if you have time. And good luck TP for tomorrow as well.

RR, Jus T, Yer Maj, DLR, TD - how's the ankles, feet, legs doing? And anyone else I've missed off too.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Good luck this weekend DV.  Can't wait to hear about it

• DV - you need to have your cells in the right format. If you go to format..cells, select number, then time, and pick the format that shows eg '13:30:35' that should work. In the right hand column do '=sum' then drag the cursor along all the ones you want to add together, that should give you the end time in that column. I'm not sure I'm explaining that very well, but it should work.

Weedy - leg feels better today, haven't risked a run on it yet, but managed an hour on the bike/cross trainer in the gym without any issues. I'll try a go on the tready tomorrow and see how it goes. 

Simon - er, enjoy your camping. Is the Cockbridge to Tomintoul road still closed by snow? image

• DV - just been on FB - what they all saidimage!

• I see bright shades of blue, orange and green before my eyes. It is one of those mythical days in Belgium when the some comes out after it has been raining. Sadly, this is also a fairly reliable indicator that it's going to start raining again soon.

Mever mind. Brussels 20k race tmrw morning. I did an 8k run yesterday and my hamstring tendon still feels tender, so although I ran at 4'30"/km pace (7'15" miling) which was easy for the heart, it felt a little edgy on the leg.  So I have devised a new tactic to run in a race without going mental and trying to win it...

I'm going to take my dog with me. WOOF! image

Yan is a true athlete, has a competitive spirit and being the well trained Border Collie he is, is gentle, obedient and can run the legs off almost anyone. All he lacks are medals to show off his accomplishment. I've checked the race rules - there aren't any, certainly nothing about dogs. So he's coming with me. And I'll try to have loads of fun on the way round. 35,000 runners expected. Looking forward to it.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Sounds like a plan, TD.

Beautiful morning here too, after a terrible day yesterday.  And just when I thought I'd hit my current parkrun peak last week, another 10 seconds off this morning taking me to 25:36 image  Just one of those runs where everything felt right....

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Lovely morning in north London - thought i'd pop out and lose my parkrun virginity. 3.68 mile run there, then the park run  - i was dithering at the start and everyone started running away from me - i realised its one of those things where a lot of people "race" so i spent most of it powering past people making gasping noises. i could hear the snipers trying to rein me in towards the end but i held form up the last hill and came in 15th with a 20.55. I don't really like running that fast, i prefer relaxed running rather than huffing and puffing running, but i suppose it's good to get one on the board. I don't suppose they'll get my finish time right as both of the barcodes i took wouldn't scan. 2.3 mile home gentle. Hope i havent used up all my nitro boost for Monday's 10k. Not that bothered anyway - Planning a cutback week after Monday, then onto the distance stuff - eyes on the prize for Berlin.

Well done on the parkrun pb Yermaj. Eyes on the prize tho - your next Marathon is bound to be a sub4 if you keep up all this training, plus i expect you to have a decent showing in the Strawberry half.

TD - Pottermoss is also running the Brussels20 tomorrow.  Good Luck to both of you, quite a bit of racing this weekend including crazy Emmy doing another 26.2 and DV running all bleedin day and all bleedin night. Good luck all of ya

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Jim have I ever told you I love you?  Well I do image

yer_maj wrote (see)

Jim have I ever told you I love you?  Well I do image

well roll on post-Paris 2014 drinks then! imageimage

• Yer Maj, Jimbob - cracking runs there. By my calculations, Yer Maj, if you keep knocking your PB down every Saturday, by Christmas you'll be sub 20. And Jimbob, forget teaching, you'll turn pro runner by Christmas.

Anyone fancy a trip to Rio in 2016 to watch Yer Maj and Jimbob duke it out in the 5k final?

Good luck tomorrow Emmy, TD, ATM, TP, Helterskelter and Pottermoss.

And, of course, Yan image - Insert several bad dog puns here - is he going for a pawsonal best? Is it an out and bark course? Etc, etc.

And Jimbob, Carl and Nic E for Monday.

• Fur goodness sake James, they were pawful. image

Did Yan take the lead?

• The Jimbob wrote (see)

Did Yan take the lead?

He'll be way out in front, all on his bone.

• Good luck runners! I'm waving a BC flag for you in spirit. 

I've overdone things and caught a little lurgy. It ain't going to stop me from an indulgent bank holiday weekend after a long, stressful week dealing with tricky issues. Sadly no time for running or anything much else other than hard work!

But it was only temporary and things will start to look up from here on in. 

• Some cracking running going on out there today, at both ends of the spectrum - from Y_M and TJB beasting the parkruns to DV 'running all bleedin day' image. Have we heard any reports yet?

MM - indulge away. That's what bank holiday weekends are for.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/03/72/037205_2888a73b.jpg

I'm going to run, here, tomorrow and it's going to be fun! image This trail race advertises itself as having lots of cakes at the Finish.My kind of event..

Well done to all ttoday's PB-ers. ( ' Tartan', too. )

Anyone heard from DV? I tried to send him a Tweet but think I've broken Twitter...

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Last I heard, DV was on lap 3 and having a coffee break, the idle swine... image

Currently he's not bleedin...

Coffee break, corr Blimey guv'nor

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

He's on lap 5...each lap is 6.55 miles

Next he'll be working on his laptop via the complimentry WiFi whilst sipping a skinny double chocca Mocha Latte with extra marshmallows .....

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Sounds like everyone is having a great sat!Blasting it, relaxing and recovering all very worthwhile endeavours! And some mad man is running around in Kentimage

I had a very busy morning earning myself an afternoon on the couch.  was up early for running school and then it was straight from there to Richmond Park for a couple of laps. The stumpies were very tired and got a bit shakey towards the end but made it home without incident in London traffic image

• Just in case any of tomorrow's runners were worried about lack of carb intake. Don't panic. I have selflessly carb-loaded on your behalf. 

There was ice cream. And caramel. And did I mention ice cream?image

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Cheers mm. I needed thatimage

• The Jimbob wrote (see)

- i realised its one of those things where a lot of people "race" so i spent most of it powering past people making gasping noises. i 

They're all racing to get the t-shirt. First 50s get it. 

Examination weekend for me. 5 massive exams: 3 down 2 to go. I feel like my head is the size of a baloon. So many definitions and useless things to remember And will never use. Can't wait for tomorrow run when I'll be able to just run and clear my head from all this nonsense. Beautiful weather here in Poland. Hope you all have nice runs today

• Delighted you've got the good weather there in Poland Wi because it seems we've got whatever was left over here in Belgium. Grey, wet and a bit yuck. Am expecting highs of 8C this morning in my 'race'/ long run with the dog. He never seems to mind whatever the weather so I will try to take some of his attitude.

Sure glad I wasn't doing something crazy like trying to run all night in that!

• Good luck to all mammals racing today - and to DV, who's still going round and round and round and round....

Wi - exam weekend? That's harsh. Hope the rest go well.