Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Danni - I'd say if you can cope with the treadmill, go for that. Could programme in the ITLR route and run a few miles along that for the next week or so. Be good to have you running alongside us.

Kaz - hope you're back to normal quickly.

TD - that's a lot to cope with. It'll be a well-earned back seat.

And thanks to everyone here who's sponsored us ITLRers - it's much appreciated.

• Options

What Weedy said - a huge thank you to everyone who's sponsored us. We'll be doing our very best. TD and his team are doing a huge job to get the show on the road (literally), now it's our turn to put in the miles.

Just finished packing. I've been labelling my camping crockery with my name - I haven't done that since Brownie camp image.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

TD - Hugs mate.

On the glass half full side,

• you're in a new and exciting relationship with a bit of a babe
    • you are the driving force behind a stellar fundraising event
    • you have inspired an incredible bunch of people to join you in this event
    • you are held in the highest of esteem by your cyber pals
    • you can run

I went for a run tonight and it was a bit warm and I was a bit slower than normal. I don't normally see that many other runners when I'm out and they are generally running towards me, so I wave and carry on.

Tonight I was overtaken by two runners who went past me like I wasn't there. I can handle that.

Then I heard heavy footsteps gaining on me and I was overtaken again. By a bloke in jeans and a jumper in deck shoes. To crown it all he was carrying a rucksack. And he disappeared into the distance.

He was probably half my age and late for work and trying to show off and on drugs or something and.........bah.

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Next event is October!   I like Weedy'd suggestion - run some of the route with the team in a virtual sense.  I made my donation several weeks ago and now I can sorta get to particiapte image

• Options

One in, one out.  46.7 miles run overnight. 9:43. It got surprisingly chilly in the tree covered paths but was otherwise a nice steady plod. I shall call this route the 'Down' route as it goes north to south.  Mrs DV is just having breakfast and then will go and do a 50 mile bike ride.  This afternoon we will explore the local forest with the dog and children.  I thought of you ITLR runners. You have an epic journey ahead for a good cause. Will look forward to the updates.

• Options

Danni, October is ages away. Too long for speed sessions now to be worth worrying about. Programme your new treadmill with part of the ITLR route and do some speed work on that. Keep it fun image

• Options

Orbutt, no worries matey...   he might have been a burglar making a dash for freedom..  he won't have run as far as you..

• Options

Dannir - if you are quick and tell me where to send them, I can give you all the GPX tracks for the ITLR route to load into your treadie. I'll be around computers most of today.

Orbutt - thanks mate. Thanks. Just one correction: she's a lot of a babe and she makes me deliriously happy

First lots of ITLR runners and helpers are now on their way! Meanwhile I am quietly panicking about the navigation, learning to use new fruit-based computers and did i mention navigation. Gulp. All I need is about another week and I'll be fine.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

TD will there be plenty video footage? Make a little doccy of your journay?

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

TD - I have messaged you - thanks!!!

• Options

Greetings from sunny Vienna. Sitting in the airport with Dr Moore abusing their free wifi while we wait for RR to land image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Yes yes, rub it in why don't you?

I'm at home, in my stiflingly hot office, after a really unpleasant 18k run this morning.  I've finally waved the white flag and got hardcore, knock out an entire stable of horses prescription drugs for my hayfever because I was sick of not being able to open my eyes/see anything/sleep/have a sense of humour/work/breathe...that sort of thing.  I'm extremely drug sensitive so I'm feeling pretty shite right now, while my poor abused system gets used to them.  But I can open my eyes, breathe and not want to open up my throat and scratch it raw...as soon as my sense of humour returns and I stop feeling sick and spinny then it'll be happy days image

In the meantime I am going to sit on my (no longer so) lardy arse and watch the lycra clad boys steam effortlessly* up big hills

*that bit may not be true

• Options

It's not all fun and games. The plane was filled with what can best be described as very elderly people off to soak up the Viennese culture. We were the youngest on the plane by about 30 years. There was quite a queue for the toilet I can tell you...image

• Options
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

TD will there be plenty video footage? Make a little doccy of your journay?

That's the plan Jimbob. Dannirr - how many of the 1250kms do you think you'll be able to do by Monday week?

• Options

On the train with Iain and RR earlier

/members/images/727962/Gallery/Train_-_Copy.JPG

Emmy, HS, RR, Iain and I are now ensconsed in the hotel. We'll be off partying later at the bus stop up the road that has a built-in speaker pumping out Euro techno dance tunes. And that was when we passed it at 4.30pm - imagine what it'll be like come 11pm image

• Options

Remember to pace yourselves...Not only when you're running.image

• Options

Arrived in Bratislava. Pleased to say the terrain looks quite flat between here and Vienna. 

YM - drugs are definitely the way forward.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Ooh RR and Iain, you make quite a handsome couple!image

You guys pace yourselves, although most of the sloshpots aren't involved, but watch out for that Douglas Maus......

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

That's the plan Jimbob. Dannirr - how many of the 1250kms do you think you'll be able to do by Monday week?

Ahhm, not that many,but some!

I love that picture of Iain and RR.  Is another thread-match in the making?  I hope so

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

"Sloshpots" Jimbob?  Whatever do you mean by that terribly vulgar expression??

• Options

Thank you Danni and TJB, you gossips! (I am however 'taken', as I think the kids (don't) say these days.)

• Options

Furthermore, greetings from Bratislava to y'all. The trip has been long but fun and in very good company. Can't wait to get started. And, frankly, finished! Cheers. 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Iain, honey.  When a threader announces they are "taken" it is the done thing to give some detail.  Certain procedures must be followed, ATM must give royal assent, that sort of thing....

"Taken" doesn't cut it, I'm afraid....

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

The team inspires me.  I am absolutely in awe of you guys. All the very best - I know the hard times will be eclipsed by the good times, and the pain will be mitigated by the cause.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Thank you Danni and TJB, you gossips! (I am however 'taken', as I think the kids (don't) say these days.)

Ha ha! It started with a photo on a thread .....

• Options

YM - I know! Been seeing someone for past 2 months. She's lovely. Not a runner though. Nobody's perfectimage

Danni - lovely words. Thanks. 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Not a runner?

We can sort that...

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Nice one Iain. 

hope u all have a ruddy marvellous time and no one gets too sore. Keep the photos flowing

• Options

Good luck all! I will run 1% of what you're doing and think of you all. 

• Options

Day early as I prob won't get any time to post tomorrow...

Jul 16-22: In The Long Run - DLR, Douglas Maus, Emmy, Helterskelter, Iain M, RR, Suzy M, TD, Weedy, Clark, Ellen, Audrey, Rusty.
    Jul 20: Wohlf's birthday. Musselburgh 10k - Wohlf.
    Jul 21: Lottery Anniversary Run - Jimbob, RS.
    Jul 27-28: Thunder Run - Malcs.
    Jul 28: Ironman Switzerland - Engineer.
    Jul 30: Maus' birthday.
    Aug 3: The Devil O' The Highlands Ultra - Kaz.
    Aug 5: Dublin Half - Straycelt.
    Aug 10: North Downs Way Ultra - DV.
    Aug 11: Isle of Maus Marathon/Half - Iain M, Maus, RR, RS, Weedy.
    Aug 17: Enigma Gold - Weedy. Helsinki Marathon - Pottermoss. London Gay Pride 10K - DLR.
    Aug 17-18: Enigma Gold Double - Emmy.
    Aug 25: Perth 10k - Eggy.
    Sep 1: Wolverhampton Marathon - Weedy.
    Sep 7: Aberfeldy Marthon - Clag.
    Sep 8: Elizabeth's birthday. Cumbrae 10-miler - ATM, Eggy, Helterskelter, RR, Scott W, TP. Run to the Beat Half - Jimbob.
    Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan. English Half - Orbutt.
    Sep 14: Eco Trail Brussels - Emmy, TD. Silkstone Shuffle - DLR.
    Sep 15: Great North Run - Iain M, Jimbob, OO, RS, Steve Duffy, Tiddy, Weedy. Lake Vyrnwy Half - James B. Stirling 10k - Eggy.
    Sep 16: Paris registration opens.
    Sep 21: Langdale Marathon - Weedy. Paris Mud Run - PC91.
    Sep 21-22: Cotswolds 102m Ultra - DV.
    Sep 22: Harvest Trail Half - Yer Maj. Ladybower 35 - RR. New Forest Marathon - Emmy.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Iain M, Jimbob, Kaz, Maus, Neil B, Orbutt, RS, Suzy M, Tiddy. Nottingham Marathon  - Weedy. Paris-Versailles 16k - ATM, TP.
    Oct 6: Cardiff Half - Yer Maj. Great Scottish Run - Wohlf. Kielder Marathon - Weedy. Royal Parks Half - Carl D, Lawyer Aaron. Onetit's birthday.
    Oct 8: Jersey Marathon - Princess Fiona.
    Oct 12: PF's birthday.
    Oct 13: Chicago Marathon - Danni.
    Oct 20: Abingdon Marathon - Steve Duffy. Amsterdam Marathon - Emmy, Megs, Weedy. Cabbage Patch 10k - Nic E. Toronto Half - Danni. Yorkshire Marathon - Malcs.
    Oct 20-25: Inverness to Skye 136k - TP.
    Oct 26: Beachy Head Marathon - Yer Maj.
    Oct 27: Frankfurt Marathon - Emmy. Marine Corps Marathon - Fanfan, Rick. Northumberland Castles Marathon - Weedy. Venice Marathon - Elizabeth.
    Oct 28: Dublin Marathon - Carl D, James B.
    Nov 2: DLR's birthday.
    Nov 3: Derwentwater 10 - OO. New York Marathon - Tiddy.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday.
    Nov 8-10: BCRC Cumbria weekender - Jimbob, RR, Yer Maj.
    Nov 9-10: Enigma Fireworks Double - Emmy, Weedy.
    Nov 10: Athens Marathon - Wohlf.
    Nov 17: Marathon d'Orleans - PC91. Valencia Marathon - Jimbob.
    Nov 24: Florence Marathon - Engineer.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.
    Dec 1: James B's birthday.
    Dec 8: Newcastle Racecourse Marathon - Weedy.
    Dec 12: Enigma Marathon - Weedy.
    Dec 14: Enigma Christmas Marathon - Emmy.
    Dec 27: Wiola's birthday.
    Dec 31: TD's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO's birthday.
    Jan 4-5: Enigma Double - Emmy, Weedy.
    Jan 9-12: Disney Dopey - Danni.
    Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 19: DV's birthday.
    Jan 29: Kaz's ginormous dog's birthday.
    Feb 3: TP's birthday.
    Feb 6-9: Quadzilla - Emmy.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Feb 28: Iain M's birthday.
    Mar 1: RS's birthday. Nothumberland Coast Ultra - Weedy.
    Mar 2: Silverstone Half - Iain, Jimbob, Wohlf.
    Mar 8: Jus T's birthday. Peter B's birthday.
    Mar 16: Barcelona Marathon - Emmy, 1T.
    Mar 17: Week at the Knees Marathon - Weedy.
    Mar 18: Paris Half - PF, Suzy M. April 6: Brighton Marathon - Iain M.
    Apr 6: Paris Marathon Definite: ATM, DLR, DV, Eggy, Emmy, Jimbob, Kaz, Maus, Mrs DV, Mrs O, NGUG, Orbutt, RR, Steve Duffy, Suzy M, TP, Weedy, Wohlf, Yer Maj. Maybe: Carl D, Danni, Engineer, James B, Lawyer Aaron, NCane, Nic E, OO, RS, Sc