Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Aggressive Manscaping?  I do hope you took a picture.  This could be the male version of the Vajazzle, non?

I think I've had too many Manx Knobs, actually....

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

The  most aggressive form of manscaping takes place in the newborn periodimage

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Oops, late on parade - Hi Liversedge Lesley image

I did a very slow, utterly paranoid 6k tonight - and nothing fell off. Woo Hoo

The weather has cooled, a bit, and it even rained a little bit. Lovely image

I'm with YM - we need tool tales

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

RR - cheers, very good to know he's on the up.

Orbutt - It has cooled a bit here too. Just in time as I was starting to look back at the snow in March with fond memories... image

• We have bloody thick fog....AGAIN! Bang goes tomorrow mornings run!image

• Hi Orbutt

Glad to hear that everything is still intact!

Am just having a debate between running outside in the rain possible thunderstorm as it keeps rumbling around or going to the gym. Would prefer outside i dont care about getting wet just want to avoid a lightning strike as my hairs already frizzy image

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

LL - what pace are you running at, at the moment? And if you have a hr monitor, what's it up to when you have to stop? I've had to have a couple of stops lately but am putting it down to the heat.

Dan - there's a debate about whether the new royal will get that.

• Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Kaz - fog horn is in the postimage

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

RS - other than religious reasons, it's usually "like father, like son".  At least we know who the father is on this one

• Radar sal

i have a heart monitor when i stop it usually starts bleeping after about 15 secs probably telling me i should get going. Am still learning how to understand the results & am still a novice really.

how long have i been running and are you training for an event?

• If the night sky seems particuarly bright this evening it's because this Maus is BEAMING.

I went running too. 13km with intervals.

Welcome Liversedge Lesley 2. I ran Paris in 2012 as my first marathon. I loved it, and this forum, so much that I relocated from Australia so I could run it again this year.

Now I've mooshed up completely what was my life and I'm happier than I ever dreamed possible.

This fabulous group of people have witnessed the mess and loved me anyway. When I faltered, they tucked a hand under my arm and stopped me wobbling. When I needed a shove, they nudged. When I was cheeky, they played along. When dreams came true, they cheered.

You will find the greatest support you could imagine here, whatever your dreams.

And we all need those.

• Hi Lesley

Apologies to all over the past week. Haven't had much chance to properly keep track of the thread. I've skimmed back and I think I'm up to date with the events list additions, but let me know if I've missed anything when I post it on Monday.

So, ITLR. I've come away with so many memories. Luckily seeing TD starkers wasn't one of them.

I feel incredibly privileged to have had the chance to spend the last week or so in the company of everyone from the thread who took part in ITLR. When things get tough, you find out what people are really made of. I'm proud to know them and be able to call them friends and I hope those friendships last the rest of my life.

And the same goes for everyone on the thread who couldn't be there. You'll have no idea how much your donations and messages of support kept us going and buoyed our spirits when it was getting tough. Even though you couldn't be there, you were with us every single step of the way. Thank you to each and every one of you.

• MeadowerMeadower ✭✭✭

Dear Caledonian Massive,

Just noticed there are two runs from Millport in September.  I'm hoping you're all planning the 10-Miler on the 8th rather than the excellently titled Fantasy Island 50 on the 21st.  That one sounds a little ambitious!

Was supposed to make it out for a short run tonight, but my physio has hurt me so I'll go tomorrow.  Possibly a good thing; I haven't tried running with lightning strikes around me before.

ITLR gang:  Again, what an amazing achievement.

• Oh Fantasy Island 50??? Maybe one for another year?? image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Wohlf - Don't worry it's the 10 mile run. Not sure Millport is anyone's fantasy island!

I managed 9 slow miles this evening. Really need to try a bust out a non snail pace run tomorrow. 

Also managed to catch the worst zombie movie ever at cheap git cinema night. Although Glasgows cameo looked just like the aftermath of an old firm game!

• Morning all. A bit cooler here today in Belgium but bizarrely, I don't feel much like running just yet. ITLR did a good job of inflaming the hamstring tendon that went pop about 10 weeks ago. I suspect the muscle is just fine but that the tend has scarring on it and needs some physio treatment to clean it up - 'frictioning'. Was a bit hobbly yesterday.

Anyway, am conserving my energy for the arrival of Maus. Today is the day we get the keys to our new apartment and start Life 2.0 together.

• TD and Maus..    wishing you guys all the best for Life 2.0.

ITLR runners...  looking forward to hearing the personal stories of your journey.  I hope you managed to succeed in raising awareness and money.

Weedy..   you can take my name off the monthly events list for everything apart from Paris marathon 2014.   I'll still be doing those runs, but on my schedule and not necessarily the weekend the events are planned.   More to follow on this.  

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

Liversledge Lesley 2 or LL2, this is very important but you will not find it in any of the running books.  When you approach the finishing line you must put arms above your head, hands touching, forming an O shape.  This is technically known as an Orbot, most of the top runners I know do it.

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

TD - you need Manx Knobs.  They cure everything.

Besides, you don't need a hamstring to christen a new apartment.... image

• Wishing TD and MM all the best and much happiness! xx

I think I am going to have to resort to the dreadmill later on today, still thick fog here. And, if like the last few days, it will no doubt have settled back in by the time I am free to run tonightimage So I will do my tempo run on the treadmill in horrible stuffy room but it is getting done!image

Hoping there is no fog on the mainland and BF gets a good drive down to Comrie. Really wish I was going too.........I might have managed to escape family and meet folks for a run........if only!

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Kaz - Hope the fog lifts for you soon. There's none what so ever here. Comrie, there's a great wee chippy in Comrie. Mmmmmmmmmmm chips!

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

imageLL2 - an example of the Orbot.

/members/images/676282/Gallery/Liverpool_Orbot_Small_0.JPG

It was even used by a stage winner in the Tour De France

• OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

TD - is Maus emigrating again or is this her weekend getaway from the Isle of Maus?

• Orbutt

Nice pic - I will remember that and demo it in the GNRimage

• Just a little jaunt, Orbutt!

Isle of Maus is still residence until early next year, unfortunately.

• Hi All,

I have not been on the forums for Yonks, sorry! Does anyone know when the entries open for Paris next year?

LD

• Fog has cleared and we have torrential rain! Home mid rounds for dry clothes and coffee.

I think I need to emmigrate tooooo!

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

LD - a friend of the wife of a sponsor told me that entries open on the 16 september.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Anyway, am conserving my energy for the arrival of Maus. Today is the day we get the keys to our new apartment and start Life 2.0 together.

Wishing you both all of the best. If you need help with boxes/stuff like that - give me a call and i'll nominate Mr. Emmy to help image

Dark Vader wrote (see)

Weedy..   you can take my name off the monthly events list for everything apart from Paris marathon 2014.   I'll still be doing those runs, but on my schedule and not necessarily the weekend the events are planned.   More to follow on this.  

This sounds interesting! I look forward to hearing what is next on your plan!

• Emmy H wrote (see)
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Wishing you both all of the best. If you need help with boxes/stuff like that - give me a call and i'll nominate Mr. Emmy to help image

Thanks Emmy! That's very kind of you. Though, one actually needs to have things to put in boxes....