Paris Marathon 2014

Comments

• CLR - I was about to post I'm glad it's working ... but it ain't above  image

• Seems you've been putting fat fingers all over your mojo Rob  image

Nice 11km run at lunchtime with a colleague who humbly dropped into the conversation that he did another IronMan event in Cologne last weekend and had decided to pace around another colleague to a sub3 in Eindhoven next month. He himself has already done 7 sub3 maras, including 2 in 2h48. He's about the same age as me, 45-46 yo. Very impressive stuff.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

*yawns* Morning... I'm in the countdown of my last two working days at this job.

10km with the dog this morning and he decided to be so excited about all of the puddles that he ran through them all and took me with him! Sad thing was that he was almost attacked by a jack russell as we ran past one of the farms... I had to use my foot to intercept the little jappy thing's jaws from Boyska's neck image Farmer didnt even care.

Can someone tell me when the registration opens? Last year it was 11am... is it the same time? or shall i be ready at midnight? image

• I think we all need to get up at Kaz O'Clock and wait, together...singing songs from the blitz....

• Emmy - you changing jobs? What will you be doing?

I think that registration opens 11am Foreign timeimage 10am UK time but I'll probably join in with the singing

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I think we all need to get up at Kaz O'Clock and wait, together...singing songs from the blitz....

Ooh - that'll be interesting. I'll start off: It's a long way to tipperary... its a long way to go....

Orbutt wrote (see)

Emmy - you changing jobs? What will you be doing?

I think that registration opens 11am Foreign timeimage 10am UK time but I'll probably join in with the singing

Yep - i'll still be a Project manager but for internal clients so hopefully will be easier. Working more in the netherlands so hopefully my commute wont be too hellish!

Foreign time?! Pfff. we just get there sooner image

• Yeah Orbutt - the worst thing about living overseas is that I find myself SURROUNDED by FOREIGNERS!! Bah Humbug!

OK, if anybody here is a Daily Mail reader, perhaps you won't have picked up the deliberate irony in my message. I love being surrounded by so many different cultures, it's great. Australians are nice too.

Have any of you notice how much better looking I am with my beard shaved off?

/members/images/345267/Gallery/Ali_Tricky_2013_09sml.jpg

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Tricky - forget the beard... it's SUNNY where you are?! jeez - it's raining here!!

I love being in a multicultural environment but the downside is the number of biggots and racists in the mix. Luckily - I can pretty much pass for Northern European so I don't get it as much but a few friends really struggle with it.

• Tricky - it's a Men in Black moment (or Maus in Black) she makes it look GOOD

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Orbutt - she makes anything look good... in fact I'd go so far as to say she's make a black plastic bag look like it's just come off a paris catwalk!

• PC -PC - ✭✭✭

I hope we don't see TD dressed up as Mausy. image

• Moi? In Mausey's clothing? She'd never allow it and i wouldn't fit. image

Well, apart from those super tight pink stretchy jeans that I once wore as a joke to the convenience store in Douglas late one evening.... a few people in the shop did nearly choke when they saw me. But I digress...

I've done the same tempo run for 3 out of the last 4 Thursdays and have managed to knock over a min and a half off my time. Did 5 miles today in a smidge under 32 mins, just breaking the 4min/km pace benchmark. Pleased with that. Hope I can move on towards putting intervals back in to my fitness training. This could be the road back to a fast marathon next spring. Got me some optimism to wear.

• Lookin amazing, as always, MM. 

TD- amazing speed as alwys. You seem to be well on the road to the super fast marathon. 

I wont be able to register until after work on Monday. image hopefully it wont sell out that quickly.

I have had to take a rest day today after my mega day yesterday. Feeling my knees a bit so playing it safe. Not like me......

And to top it all, we are on day no 3 of eldest having sick bug........imageimageimage

Feeling very worn out! image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Kaz - Should one of us enter for you?

• Emmy H wrote (see)

That's exactly what I was going to suggest, good work EH

• ...It's a long way to Tipperary, to the sweetest girl I know

That's shirt's utterly inappropriate. You either love or you hate Marmite, whereas everyone loves Maus

• Emmy H wrote (see)

i may need someone to do me as well ..... i'll be on a train with the laptop and will try using the 3g from my phone as a broadband wireless router. It works ok for browsing but i don't fancy my chances as the Paris entry website is bound to be chocca.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    The Jimbob wrote (see)
    Emmy H wrote (see)

i may need someone to do me as well .....

Honey... not on a public forum. You know we'll do you anytimeimage

• Jimbob - won't you get invited to run by the organisers as an elite athlete? image

I'll be at home, laptop poised, if either of you want me to enter on your behalf. Just email me your ASO login and details that I'll need for registration. Have to leave for work 1pm tho, but should get entries sorted by then.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I'll also be home and can do one... or hell... can do both and have a threesome image

• /members/images/727962/Gallery/arswiss-e1330072662460.jpg

Swiss Tony says entering a marathon is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman

• Emmy H wrote (see)

I'll also be home and can do one... or hell... can do both and have a threesome image

now yer talkin'

• Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Jimbob - won't you get invited to run by the organisers as an elite athlete? image

I'll be at home, laptop poised, if either of you want me to enter on your behalf. Just email me your ASO login and details that I'll need for registration. Have to leave for work 1pm tho, but should get entries sorted by then.

Weedy depends if i can beat Mo, Haile and Kenenisa or at least finish in their group at the GNR on Sunday, then i'll have a chance of a freebie

• James - TD and Rob seemed to have a whale of a time supporting last year. And it's not long till Thunder Run registration opens image

Jimbob - I've put a fiver on you to win

• That would be ace guys! Thank you sooooo much. image Decide who's doing who........mmmmm..... image 

• Boy-girl, boy-girl? Or boy-boy, girl-girl? I'm easy image

• sex and innuendo !!!!! ! is that all you lot ever think about ? 

this is supposed to be a serious forum about running issues and the marathon in the beautiful city of Paris , 

I'm thinking of taking up cycling to get away from the innuendo , but first I need to polish my helmet and dig out my knee pads image 

• Orbutt wrote (see)

Tricky - it's a Men in Black moment (or Maus in Black) she makes it look GOOD

Emmy H wrote (see)

Orbutt - she makes anything look good... in fact I'd go so far as to say she's make a black plastic bag look like it's just come off a paris catwalk!

kaz1 wrote (see)

Lookin amazing, as always, MM. 

I have only 1 thing to say.

Now. To figure out which pen I should select on Monday. Grey is looking the most likely candidate, but it just doesn't match my Eiffel Tower knickers!