Stornoway & Benbecula Half Marathons

Anyone out there done either of these? We are likely to be in The Western Isles in late May/early June so could do either one. Both sound equally interesting but any comments on scenery/friendliness/route would be welcomed.

Thanks

Bill

Comments

• Just in case anyone ever comes upon this thread and needs some information , I ended up doing the Stornoway Half and was still on the Isles for Benbecula.

Stornoway was a first class event with great organisation and a really welcoming Club at its heart. The race is roughly 50/50 on roads around the town and tracks around Lews Castle so not pb territory. The ceilidh and food at prizegiving are worth going up for though. There were ~150 runners, roughly twice as many as Benbecula where, I understand, marshalling was an issue. We travelled the whole length of the Isles - the Harris Half looked like a brute but Barra (Barrathon!) seemed like another good course with a bigger field and good scenery.

• Bill Ferguson wrote (see)

Stornoway was a first class event with great organisation and a really welcoming Club at its heart. The race is roughly 50/50 on roads around the town and tracks around Lews Castle so not pb territory. 

Not even to get away from the midges?

Sounds like a good race. I will get to the islands one day......