venice-marathon-2013

Hi, I've signed up for this year's Venice Marathon (27 October).  Anyone else in?  Any tips from those who have run it before? image

Comments

• Hello SalC, I set up a threat some time back now for Venice; it's not exactly teeming with responses (still on its first page) but a few of us are there.  10 weeks on Sunday....can't wait.  How's your training going?  Anyway join the action on the thread as we could do with your imput image 

• A good event. I did this a couple of years ago and can report that apart from the small bridges actually in Venice the course is dead flat.The race has pacers who were pretty good.Crossing over the Grand Canal on the temporary bridge was fantastic as was the lap around St Marks Square.British tourists gave me a cheer as I was

wearing a running vest with a union jack logo ( think about that ?)

The buses to the start are crammed and I would advise that you turned up early to get a seat. It will be dark when you get to the bus station.Scout this out prior to the day.

At the actual race start large tents with seats in exist and free cups of tea can be obtained.

The finish is possibly one of the best in the world !

Good luck.

• Thanks both for your replies - sorry about my late response!  Not long to go now and am SO looking forward to running this one.  My training so far has gone well and can't wait to give it a go!  How are you doing Elizabeth?  I'll look out the thread and add to it image

I've never been to Venice before so am really excited about seeing the place as well as running the race.

I think I will scout out the bus pick up point before race day - thanks for that advice.  Think this is my only concern - missing the bus! 

Stay well and enjoy the taper image 

all the best

Sal