Options

Changing from Nike watch to Garmin

rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭

Hi, my (second) Nike watch is about to fall to bits - it's now more superglue than watch, and condensation has started to appear on the inside of the screen. It's also suffering from the standard problem with the plastic strap breaking at the USB connector.

I'm thinking of changing to a Garmin watch instead, but would love to keep my several years' worth of data which is currently stored on the Nike+ website. Is there an easy way to transfer this data over to Garmin?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options

hi

i use the nike watch and upload my runs to starva using a uploader  to export the nike data into gpx files which you can upload to most sites as a file 

as sträva also connect with garmin you would be able to store all your runs from nike and add to them with the garmin 

heres the link

https://mattstuehler.com/lab/NikePlus/

• Options

Thanks for the advice, will check this out.

• Options

Only downside of Strava I have found is it only records moving time, and mile splits. So if I've been doing intervals I can't easily see the split times. Garmin Connect site is much better imo. Never understood why Strava is so popular, unless I'm using it wrong. 

• Options
    The Running Andy wrote (see)

Only downside of Strava I have found is it only records moving time, and mile splits. So if I've been doing intervals I can't easily see the split times.  

As far as I'm aware that is still true of the mobile app - it annoys me too. However the data is still retained; on the Strava website if you click on "Laps" on the left hand nav then it will show you your activity's recorded splits instead of the Strava-calculated km/mile splits. Eg:

/members/images/692237/Gallery/2015-01-08_1650.png