gARMIN 305 DEAD...............

Hi Guys - can nayone help.  got a 305 for a few yaers.  Used it on cycle ride yesterday - all good.  Got home turned it off had shower.  Connected to PC to upload and it was dead - nothing.  Can't turn it on - won't charge on docking station.  Occasionally I did get it to turn on - but upload kept failing.  Now its just non-responsive.  Any ideas.

Comments

• best bet is to phone garmin up. my 205 recently died and for £47 i sent it back and they replaced it with a fully refurbished unit....can't argue with that. my 205 was 5-6 years old, mind.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    If you ring them they'll take you through a few steps to make sure it really is dead, then like Ross says you can get a refurb, you can't tell it from a new one. Mine arrived in 3 days.
  • One thing that sometimes works. Hard reset is done by holding down the Mode and Reset buttons for 10 seconds. Doesn't make any sound or anything but once you've done that try switching it on again.

• As above the hard reset works fine

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭
    ross Fripp wrote (see)

best bet is to phone garmin up. my 205 recently died and for £47 i sent it back and they replaced it with a fully refurbished unit....can't argue with that. my 205 was 5-6 years old, mind.

i think i need to do this too...mine was drowned at MK marathon and charges in the docking station but otherwise wont work.water has got in through the mode button. there is a USA website that repair them too..where was the £47  pound fix it? could you please give me adress if poss? many thanks.

• phone garmin UK up on 0<span style="color: #222222; line-height: 18px;">2380 524000 and tell them what's gone wrong, they told me it would be £47, so i sent mine off and a few days later a fully refurbished unit turned up.

• thanks all.  Think I'l phone Garmin up then.

• I had this problem yesterday, sounds weird, but try rubbing the 4 contacts on the back of the watch with a pencil eraser. It cleans the contacts and it should start charging again when you put it on the charger allowing you to turn it on. Worked for me, I saw this tip on www.dcrainmaker.com a great resource for running watch info