Treadmill, should I, shouldn't I?

2»

Comments

• Sorry for the late replies folksand many thnks for all your suggestions/thoughts.

As many have suggested running outside is surely the most ideal place to be however there are times here when it would be foolhardy to go out. I run in heavy rain quite often, even in the height of summer but it's the high winds that really get to me and running on a single track road on ice is unwise imho and, if snow has covered potholes your asking for injury.

Flo, your right, I'm looking forward to being able to do some properly paced sessions.

Also-Ran, that pic still makes me cringe.

• image my macho days are behind me!

• Tenjiso I rang Horizon and got talking to a nice man who is arranging to send someone out to check my Tready so thank you for giving me the push...

Good luck with your purchace Andi! Try to get to a shop and have a go on one before you buy if you can.

• Nice one Flo Po, hope it gets quickly resolved.

• Good idea Flo, will try to find a shop though it will probably be a long way away. Currently top of my list is the Horizon 507 however, nobody seems to want to deliver it to my address image

• Have you thought abour renting one, Andi?  Could save some money if you only intend on using it over the winter for example and by renting you can usually get top quality ones that you  wouldn't buy otherwise.  Just a thought image

Also-Ran ... OMG... that looks seriously painful!!!

• Andi, have you gone to Fitness Superstore, that's where I bought mine and they delivered to Scotland, not sure how far afield you are, but they might be worth a try.  fitness-superstore.co.uk/

• Okapi, thanks and yes, I had a quick look at renting though the ones I was looking at were around £30-50pw and think having one all year will be good for the inclement summer days and now plan on using it to test my fitness on the flat.

Ghost Rider, good call, fitness-superstore was the first place I looked at but misread their NO DELIVERY to my post code - it was no FREE delivery there.

I sent an email to them and they replied with a ball park quote of £75. I'm going to speak to our 'local' Courier as they have an office in Glasgow and see if they charge less from there (it would probably come via them anyway).

I live on Mull and even get people wanting to charge a delivery premium via Royal Mail!

• I got mine sorted today it was a rubbing spring. Thanks Andy for the thread and Tenjiso for advising me that annoying noise wasn't usual.

It was a 2 minute fix and now is lovely and quiet.

So I can recommend the after sale service..image

• Exercise bike for me... treadmills i think are a bit boring you might as well run on the spot... that being said you can get expensive ones that do incline

• Ha ha marko to compare treadmills to running on the spot then suggest cycling on the spot I think both are just as boring.....image

However they both have uses.

• both treadmills qand turboes for bikes are not just boring they are way too hot.........I have all the windows open and the fan on full and I'm still overheating too much........and the family are complain then that they are freezing in minus conditions and the snow is drifting in through the windows.....

so i gave the treadmill away and gave up on the turbo and just go outside whatever the conditions....

• marko, when I started 'running' it was with the Wii Fit and running on the spot going round the Island and, I also cycled on the spot with the Wii as wellimage

Flo, good to hear you got it sorted and whilst I've not purchased mine yet I've had good discussions with Horizon regarding delivering to the Inner Hebrides - very helpful.

seren, I fully understand about being outside when you can but there will be times this Winter when I won't be driving due to conditions (even a 4x4).

• also ran ... after posting that pic you should have followed up with ... 'You should have seen the other guy.'.

Thank you, Im here all week.

• Mr A - thought the jokes might have improved by nowimage

I think I will cancel the gym membership and take to running on the spot. I've heard it all now.