Jason Scotland Williams

2»

Comments

• XX1 wrote (see)
    The real Mr I wrote (see)
    Dustin wrote (see)

Mr I - don't forget our bearded lady in the 2012 race too (#30212)

In fact in the 2013 Brighton marathon, the 4th placed overall female ran a 1:27 second half of the race. Our favourite club runner in the very same race posted a 1:23 second half. Not bad for a club runner who had not posted any marathon times of any distinction for the past several years (or since).

Let's not forget the 2012 Paris Marathon eh image

The funniest thing is if you go to her page on her club website it shows she set a new Half Marathon PB in March.

Strangely though if you were to double the time of that Half Marathon, its still slower than her recognised PB for a marathon. That doesn't happy too often. I guess they cant technically recognise the 2nd half of a marathon as a 'half marathon'. What a shame she seems to run faster having already run a half marathon than if she starts from scratch.

• You have an obsession with this woman Mr I - which is odd for someone who claims not to care.

• not at all I was just replying to a post and wanted to check my facts, so I went to her running club and was surprised to learn that she set a new Half PB only a couple of months ago. Alls Im saying is that its not often you find someone with a  faster marathon time (pro-rata) than a half time.

Also on a more generic note, I find her conduct in various activities, Brighton ... London marathon where she gets presumably her hubby to run in her place which we all know is not allowed ... a paris time which doesnt seem to tally up ...... I find her conduct worse than Jason Scotland Williams. Jason is just a knob, a chancer who tried a shortcut in 2012, got away with it. Tried it again in 2014. Didnt get away with it. Whereas she is a club runner, running under a club name, and therefore you expect her to have bought into some kind of running ethos ..... i mean she had her club organiser come on her to defend her when clearly there was enough doubts that he should have had the common sense to know what went on. Even now they are congratulating her on a Half Marathon PB on their club website even though the PB is way out of kilter to her marathon PB. To me thats the worse of the two crimes than some tosspot chancer who's entered 'the marathon' and probably just wanted to show off his fast time to his friends.

• But you do care - or you wouldn't still be posting about her more than a year later.

You chose not to do anything about it - so why are you surprised she's still getting away with it?

Being a moral coward isn't a great deal better than being a cheat.

• I dont really care, someone made a post, and I just replied thats allimage

Im not a moral coward, but when youve got her own running club insist that all is well and its perfectly understandable that she ran a marathon time 30 minutes faster than shes ever run  before or since, and that she grew a beard and called herself Paul in 2012, what else can I do?

In short, she provides entertainment for me to see how many more things she gets up to. In all honesty I hope she takes a few more shortcuts in the future just for the entertainment value.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

I quite like Eurovision image

• What you can do is report her. You didn't.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Mr I -- Thanks for replying to my post image

• No problem XX1. Apparently Screamapillar didnt want me to reply because she didnt approveimage

• You have me curious now, this female people keep going on about, I am not interested in her name, but what sort of half marathon and full marathon times are we looking at here?  What are her PBs?

I can't look up her times, because I have no idea who exactly this person is.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Lotus Flower wrote (see)

You have me curious now, this female people keep going on about, I am not interested in her name, but what sort of half marathon and full marathon times are we looking at here?  What are her PBs?

I can't look up her times, because I have no idea who exactly this person is.

http://www.larkfieldac.co.uk/member_result.php?member_id=216&race_year=2014

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

In fairness Mr I, her club's website only shows bests over the past 2 years - she has 1.38 pb from the (tough, hilly - her club's view / flat/pb possible - RW reviewers view) half from Paddock Wood in 2011!

As for reporting her, well as I've oft stated, an e-mail to the Brighton chip people asking if chips could throw out odd readings (on which Brighton race organisers were cc'd) went answered.
    The e-mail to the club in which I said that number swapping - if it were ballot received - could put future places in doubt also remains answered. I know as secretary of our club that we would come down hard on anything dubious.

Lotus - half pb of 1.38 but best of 1.44 this year, marathon usually around 3.45-3.50, Brighton in 3.23 with a 1.24 last half (if the splits are to be believed)

Again as I've said before, the times are good but not stunning, and she has obvious stamina - 10 in 10 this week.

• my email to the organisers of brighton went unanswered as well.....the splits were accurate........I know that for sure......no timing chip error.....so just an amazing second half.........

and as her club stands by her for her 1:24 half..........they must know that she is capable of that sort of time..or they are actually condone and encourage cheating in the club.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

There was the London Marathon number swapping incident...  The time from that is still listed against her name on her club website...  I think that says a lot about where her club stand on all this...

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

The idea that anyone still defending this woman is mad. Look at her PO10 record for goodness sake.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

What you can do is report her. You didn't.

report her to her club? They're already adamant she just trained hard for that 1 race out of 30 or so.

• Not much more anyone can do then is there? Apart from maybe report the club to UKA.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I think Mr I needs a new project.  Getting a Lance Armstrong style confession out of this woman and her club could be just right.

• So you agree we did all we can then Screama?

• AW3AW3 ✭✭✭

To get back on topic...

JSW, what a shit.image

• A bit late to the thread (although I have been following it).  I have been listening to Marathon Talk-I'm a bit behind in my listening and was really disappointed at how Tom Williams was laughing at the furore about JSW.  I was really surprised and disappointed at his attitude towards it all-an "oh well there are cheats everywhere in life" type thing.  Never felt more like stopping listing to MT.

• I know it's a while since the last post on here but does anyone know if JSW was able to prove his speed by completing a half in 70 min? he was invited to run the Richmond half but he isn't on the finishers list...