Welcome to RunHub

Comments

• You can hide your whole profile, that's in your profile settings. As for GPS privacy, the route map displays are just low-res shots of the run route, they just give a very brief overview of your run route.

That being said, there will be development coming in the next few weeks as the challenges become more detailed that will enhance these security settings so that you can hide specific post codes, run details etc. 

Seren, the min/mile detail is being worked on, it's displaying on most activities but not others (including mine). It could be a device issue, I'm using a Garmin Fenix so let me know what you're using and I'll see if that makes a difference. 

Muttley, you've got to be fast as you can if you're in Soho!

• Ben - I'm enjoying the runhub, but seems a bit of a glitch in the logging, I did 7.1 miles today which had logged OK, but if I view the run in detail only shows it as 6.7. Other runs I have done have logged OK. Today's run was intervals so maybe did n't convert the  when uploaded from my garmin.

• I'm using manual input.putting in the time and distance.image

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    The run I put in manually for the 2nd Jan has disappeared. Was there yesterday. I've put the details back in again.
  • Well, I'm going to start using it. Never really logged my running before so going to give it a go inputting it all manually.

• JT141 - that's not meant to happen, should it do it again, let me know. 

CP31, great to have you on board. 

• With regards security and logging runs and it may be worth mentioning here for new users
    Never start/finish your garmin or gps device at your home address,  even waiting til the end of the road will protect you, your home and your belongings*

*this was a public service broadcast from Meldy

I like the idea of forming training groups, there will always be other websites and somewhere to record your runs et.c, it would be nice to think you could drag all your data from one to the other on a whim ... but unlikely for most of them

• Would love to be able to upload your GPX file from Dropbox on an iOS device.

in garmin connect can export directly to Dropbox runhub bring able to use Dropbox on iOS to upload would mean no PC necessary. 

• Great public service broadcast Meldy, sound advice. Thanks for that. 

Booktrunk, that sounds like a great idea, I'll put that to the team. There are apps in the works too, both iOS and android. More on that when they're finished. 

• Ben: As you are around and active on this forum. Can I just point out.... imageimageimage

I think the 12 days of Xmas are over...

• Yup, already responded to a thread in website bugs on that, should be gone  by next week. Ho Ho Ho!

• In keeping with Cadburys do we get Easter Egg smileys now?

• Quick update, we've now added 'Follow' buttons to members profiles so that you can follow all your fellow runners exploits and filter the livestream on the RunHub home page between all activities on the network, people you follow, people who follow you or you can just watch yourself!

Enjoy. 

• Their exploits in Soho?

• The most important exploits of all! 

We're just putting the finishing touches to the training plans section too so anyone looking for marathon, half marathon, 10km and 5km plans, those should be sorted and ready to use tomorrow. Will let you know when that happens. 

• Ben, I've found the equipment section to add trainers etc. but is there a link to add when entering training details. In Fetch, there is an equipment section on the same page where we enter our mileage etc.

• aye, not much point in adding my trainers to the equipment section if I can't track which pair I ran in for each session

• Terence and Gravitas, here's the solution -

Select any activity you've logged and when it loads, there's an edit button in the bottom right hand corner. Click on that and you'll see a page with all the details of the run, including a tick box for 'Advanced Fields'. Tick that and loads more options appear including the equipment menu with your saved shoes options are. You can then add them to that activity. 

If shoe choice is an important option, I'll look into moving it into the main activity field rather than the advanced fields. 

Thanks. 

• Can I add a vote for shoes in the main section as keeping an eye on the approximate usage of trainers is useful

• Really enjoying RunHub so far. Never really used fetcheveryone or runbug before, so this is all a step up from using Garmin Connect and My Asics. Loving the leaderboards and callenges. I can see this getting quite addictive!

I like on Garmin Connect that it lists your PBs for different distances from 5k to marathon. It would be nice to see something like this on your profile page?

• Thanks Ben. I think we would all appreciate your moving the shoe choice into the main field. I like to keep a record of the mileage run in each pair, so that I know when it is time to retire them. 

• Ben, sorry to be a pain as I'm finding my way round quite well. I was wondering whether information under "my profile" such as date of birth is private. I appreciate that a genuine date can be important, for example working out WAVAS, but shouldn't be available for everyone to see.

• Hi All

Loving the Run Hub so far...I've just started running again today after an extended Christmas break (well..since right after the Chester Marathon actually image).

I'd like to be able to upload my runs straight from my GARMIN however I won't be doing so until and unless there is a way to edit which parts of the data are public and which are private. Basically I'd like there to be a way to show the data, but to NOT show the map as I'd really rather not broadcast where I live OR where I run.

I find it odd, as has been stated earlier in the thread, that in the settings it strongly advises against adding specific location data, then gives you no way to de-select the map.

Admin (Ben).. am I right in saying you are working on this?

Mark

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Checking the challenge leaderboard some slightly odd things happening - wrong mileage totals from activities, and distances from non-running activities being included.
  • Yeah, I'd quite like to know how when I upload my runs on Garmin Connect it gives me an average pace of 11:10/mile and the exact same run on runhub says 15:45/mile? Especially when it was 3 miles in 33 odd minutes meaning that 15:45/mile isn't even possible.

It's done the same today when I uploaded my 10 miles, different pace per mile, and also says I ran nearly 14 mph at one point which whilst I would love that to be true, most certainly isn't!

• Hi everyone, glad to hear you're enjoying using RunHub. 

Terence - you don't have to fill in that data if you want to keep it private, it's not mandatory to the profile.

Mark - Glad to hear you're back running! There is indeed a development coming to coincide with new challenges that will enhance the privacy settings for runs, but currently that map is just an image of the general run route location. You can't zoom into it to reveal more details. I will ask about making the map an option, but this will probably come with the update. 

JT - you can use the filters at the top of the leader boards to just select running, break down by total distance, longest run, speed, pace etc. That will remove non-running activities.

Lee - any chance you can post or send me a link to the activity and then we'll take a look. It could be a number of things like auto-pause features etc but would be good to see what's happening.

Thanks. 

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Is there any way to use Garmin connect or similar to autoupdate your Run Hub data?

• Do you mean when you upload it to Garmin connect it gives you an option to share with Runhub Nayan? I would imagine that would be functionality from Garmin's perspective that RW.

Ben, that's a good point and I didn't think of that in that I run with my dog, so if he stops for "a toilet break" I stop the clock momentarily. But even then, if you look at this run, mile 5 was a 10:49 mile but the pace says 19.8 min/mile which is an extra 9 minutes from somewhere.

Also the speed graph doesn't go over 7.5mph but the statistics say my max speed was 13.4mph.

Thanks for looking into this as I love uploading my runs to the runhub image

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

I mean is there any gizmo/hack that can (subject to having your password) go into your garmin connect etc get the data and update run hub.

Or indeed, are there any plans to organise a formal linkup with various tech providers (like garmin) along the lines of finis synching with training peaks etc

• Nayan - Currently Garmin don't share their API, which would be needed to allow a direct sync. We spoke to them before setting up RunHub about it and though they're not sharing it now, there's always hope that they will in future. 

Lee - if you point me in the right direction to the run you mean, then I'll have a look. 

This discussion has been closed.