Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

raining here

birky, good work on the cake image

nothing for me today, got Clumber Half Marathon tomorrow, it is going to hurt as the furthest  I have run since my marathon 2 months ago is 7 miles - I seem to have been ill so much I haven't been able to get the long runs in. Oh well, it will be a nice run/walk round a beautiful NT property image

• Morning all - no run, as I only got to bed at 2.45am I though I would go wild and lie in until 6.30. Not too pished PSC, but lots of dancing which I am taking as my physical exertion.

• Morning maths and kate

Kate: So you're 'Not too pished ?' Aye right !image

maths: All the best tomorrow with your Half Marathon.

• I do the opposite. I tend to train late at night on DDR/ITG to get warmed up and then go running. Typically if its a miler, I'll go running at like 10-11-12pm at night...
    If its any longer, I'll try and go around 8ish. Not managed a morning run yet. I don't honestly think I'd have the energy to.

• Morning

Nice sunny start to the day here

Stewarded at the Robbie Williams Concert last night in Glasgow. Cracking concert.

Off out now.

All the best to those racing.

Back later

• Morning again

NW:  1 dog, 2 runners 5 or 6 horses, 2 Shetland 2 ponies, 2 ladybirds,3 cyclists (still no Skyer ). Down at TdF in Yorkshire ? image 3 BMWs !

• I might see your sky riders next weekend as I am going to be on top of Buttertups pass watching the tour go through on day 1.  I know I must be mad driving all that way to see 45 seconds of cycling, but it's not every day the Grand Depart is in UK.  image

Good luck to the racers.

Admin morning so far here.  Turned down the chance to run this morning for an extra few hours snoozing!  Might go out later and see if I can dodge the thunder storms that are forecasted. 

Hi to Kage - do we need a NOC thread?image

• Afternoon all - bike in the rain for me, proper training starts again tomorrow, 8 weeks until Vichy and I am going to go crazy and declare I'd like a 12.15 time. Emmy, good luck to you too on those hills, and Gobi who is probably out there racing somewhere. 

PSC - well, the Grand Depart is also in a beautiful part of the country so you can have some fun

struggled a bit today, dodgy knee didn't like all the uneven ground on the trails (very uneven) and ended up walking a fair bit just to make sure I don't do any lasting damage. Lovely race though and I finished which is the main thing

• Morning you lot

Rest Day today, but walked Geordie for 45mins.

Dry, sunny here.

NW: 6 horses, 5 or 6 cows, 2 snails,1 cat,1 guy in a kilt walking his dog !  2 cyclists, 2 runners.

PW: 1 car

Catch up soon.

morning all

slept in till 8:30 image unheard of but must have needed it

• Morning all - 9 hilly miles NW 1 bunny DW 1 pigeon OR 3, then a faff round the fitness trail, I have no upper body strength, and a swim. Hungry now. Well done on yesterday MC, nice kilt spot birky, someone is clearly feeling patriotic today. 

• Odd, I was sure I posted this morning. Oh well. 8 done and dusted. Marathon session in the garden and now watching Dolly. She ain't bad for an old bird.
  • Morning

Warm sunny start to the day here.

NW: 6 rabbits, 9 cows, 2 cats, 2 cyclists in distance

maths: You must have needed the lie in yesterday.

Working  in Hyde Park London from Thursday to Sunday this week. Stewarding at a big summer concert .

• Morning all - rather than doing anything productive this morning I had a 30 minute fight with my desk drawers which for some reason I locked last night and couldn't open this morning. Upper body workout I suppose. Mr F to the rescue and Garmin is now liberated. Birky on tour!

• is it Dolly P Birky?  She was ace at Glastonbury.

• psc: Nope, don't think so mate. Motorhead and I believe Black Sabbath are two of the acts. British Summer Time Concert is the official name of the concert.

Kate: Yeah image travelling down overnight by coach on Wed evening. We go back up after the end of the last concert, late on Sunday evening.

morning

birky - sounds like fun for you at the weekend! I love Black Sabbath, although Ozzy isn't what he used to be!

4 slow miles for me this morning, but at least I managed to get out of bed!

• Morning all - no broadband at home at the moment so a late night on the phone to BT which was still a complete waste of time. Anyway, garage leaping and weights this morning. All a bit noisy for me birky, I'd pack earplugs!

• Morning

Another warm and sunny start to the day here.image

Out over the fields with Geordie earlier.

NW: 10 cows, 5 rabbits,a few butterflies, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 3 cyclists and Sky Cyclist is backimage

Coffee time.

• Morning kate and maths

Kate: I am packing a set of ear defenders.image

maths: My first 'proper album' bought way back in June 1981 was Motorhead's 'No sleep till Hammersmith !'

• LOL Birky, I don't think you could get much further away from Dolly P than Motorhead and Black Sabbath - that should be a cracking show!!

• Kate - no internet, or just not connecting to stuff.  You might need to change your DNS settings... BT have been having a mare of late.  A poota geek told me to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 and it worked - suddenly all of the sites that were "dead" burst back into life.

As I don't know what DNS is/stands for/does there is a big caveat of forum reader beware of crap advice from the ill informed!

morning all

birky - my first 'proper' album was Pink Floyd's The Wall. Still love that album image Far better than the Ugly Duckling one my parents had bought me a few years earlier :P

turbo for me this morning, my legs really didn't want to though

• Morning you lot

Steady 45mins off road done. Warm, dry, sunny.

NW: 8 cows, 6 horses 1 cat, 4 rabbits, 2 Easy Jet Planes, taking off one after the other. 2 cyclists

maths: I remember my parents telling me to listen to that Motorhead album with headphones on as it was too loud !

• Evening all - broadband is back, a little contratemps with BT on Twitter and back to life. Various activities at both ends of the day for me, with the holy bike, run, swim trinity planned in the morning. PSC, you lost me when DNS wasn't did not start....

• Morning campers - it's going to be a hot one. Did everything I planned to do, but all very badly, so am going for lots of eating and drinking today to double bluff my body rather than looking after it properly which hasn't worked this week. Swim and run race tomorrow which should be interested. Have fun in the City birky.

morning

nothing for me this morning - needed the sleep as I will be at work till at least 9 tonight at a parents evening image

kate - does your body need a rest? good luck tomorrow

• A what MC? Hope parent's evening was OK. Swim race this morning was good, very strange doing the 2.25km in a straight line - well not entirely straight as I swam 2.39km. Race may be binned off tonight as Mr F is talking curry and cider so a short trot out in a little while.