ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Malcs........I thnk you win on amusing object thrown.

I just hope all those random shoes you see at the side of the road aren't there because they'd earlier been thrown at a runner. Every time I go out and see one, I expect to feel the force of a Timberland striking my cheek.

When I first started to run, I must have ran in a hunched up position, as one day I timed my run at the same time the local college finshed. I wasn't very fast either at this point, and a group of lanky teenagers copied my runing style and ran behind me for a good mile before breaking off in laughter.

I was more embarrassed that I didn't have the speed to run away from them, than the fact my run technique was atrocious!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    RRR - yes be careful. People might retract their votes. Actually, it made me chuckle, but then I am very sad and easily amused.
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Ady - image LOL, that is just awful my friend! It's a classic error though - never, ever run between 3pm and 4pm on a week day. 

Indy - funny you mention a lump. In the morning I had a red, carrot shaped mark on my chest. I'm not joking either - it struck me length ways on. Hell of a shot. Took 2 days to go away. Mrs Malcs was in hysterics - one of the benefits of marriage, there's always someone who will happily laugh their ass off at you when you're most in need.

DS2 - I was referring to Chatham, two men in lycra holding hands etc.image

Reg - fine refereeing sir. RRR, you're lucky SB isn't around or you'd for it!

• Shady_Ady - Love it! I've always wondered why there are random shoes at the sides of the road! I always assumed there was a confused, drunk tramp walking around in circles ...

• I love it, a carrot!!

I've had a few occasions when kids think they're being funny by hurling a bit of abuse at you and then start to run with you, the jokes on them really though as when I crank the pace up they soon have to stop gasping for breath!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

A.W - I like your style! I dream of one day leaving small children in my dust. Preferably my own children but to be honest, any will do! image

(note - first use of the devil smilie. Aiming to get through them all by D-Day)

• While I'm sat in a room trying to contact customers, is there anyone here who would like to know about RDR?

• RDR stands for Retail Distribution Review. and I'm getting quite bored of it now. Passing time writing on here. I'm sure this could be classed a gross misconduct!

• No ones ever said anything to me whilst I have been running. Once a group of kids threw a stone at my car...ive got to say they (and my OH) were shocked when I stopped, jumped out and chased them all. image

• I've had the usual sniggers and smart arse comments, usually from teenagers, but never been on the end of organic missiles...

Most amusing was whilst doing an early morning long run through sheffield at 5.30am and coming across a couple of lads on their way home from clubbing- they started running with me, and due to the consumed drugs, managed to keep up with me for 3 miles whilst talking constantly. I did think that maybe there is something in doping after all image

• Ha ha! Go Sarah! - I once chased down a group of blokes who had picked up and were attempting to carry off my motorbike down the road! Little gits!image

• Anyone else worn out from the last week?? Looking forward to the end of the vote tomorrow image

• I've had the usual sniggers and smart arse comments, usually from teenagers, but never been on the end of organic missiles...

Most amusing was whilst doing an early morning long run through sheffield at 5.30am and coming across a couple of lads on their way home from clubbing- they started running with me, and due to the consumed drugs, managed to keep up with me for 3 miles whilst talking constantly. I did think that maybe there is something in doping after all image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Sarah - I'm impressed! 

Clive - I'm not impressed! image  ...hmm, what sort of drugs and can you get me some? 

Reg - you've not got any takers, sorry dood image. (kerr ching - only 11 smilies to go)

Re. the week Clive - yes, it's hard being on adrenaline for that long. But I think anyone who is going to vote will have done so by now so chillax and dream of Paris in the spring image (make that 10 to go)

• Malcs: I know, I must make my posts more interesting. image

• Well done Sarah, I'm very impressed.

I'm not normally one for confrontations. I normally shy away from them, and normally I can out run people if it does happen (that's what I think in my head!).

There was one time a few years ago when travelling when someone broke in to my room through the window. I just instinctively started screaming and ran at him. The fact I was naked made him bolt quicker than anyone I've ever seen, back out the window.

I'm actually glad he bolted. It would have been really awkward if he had just stayed there when I got to him. I wouldn't of had a clue what to do. Should I push him? Politely ask him to leave? Shake his hand? Embrace him like a long lost brother? 

Clive.....What did you talk about with them? image (Have you used this one yet Malcs?)

• Ha ha you guys have actually made me lol I want somebody to throw a carrot at me just for comedy value! That's hilarious! During my lunchtime runs I run down a path having to negotiate loads of college kids and never get any abuse! I work at the YMCA accommodating young people and never get any abuse. I don't think it's scary because I look and run like a pansy so I'm told?! Lol
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Reginald wrote (see)

Malcs: I know, I must make my posts more interesting. image 

Reg - image

Ady - I have just spat my rock cake all over the screen. I also have an image in my head that is outstaying it's welcome image.  I'd go for politely ask him to leave - point him to the door, with your finger preferably image.

Yes, the geek one is particularly appropriate for me - used on page 61 (I won't be going back to look up any others - took me freakin' ages!)

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Down to 9 smilies now - thanks for the naked story Ady, helped me out there. Do you have any stories about disappointment? Wait a minute, was the wife there with you in the room? Damn, missed my chance!image

(final day and it all turns nasty! You know I love you Shadester!)

Hey - who's messing with the smilies, no fair! image 

• Yes she was......that's a low blow Sir, a very low blow image

Obviously my 'protect the person I love most in the whole wide world' hormones had kicked in {NOTE: This is just a cheap play for sympathy!}

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I'm even more ashamed of this than the 'man who run in front of car' gag. Ady, I will respectfully withdraw from the competition...

...but only once I've done my smilie challenge.

Anyway - I've already been suitably punished - the smilies have gone all festive! image

• image.....does that mean you have an even greater selection of smilies to fit into your messages now?

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Certainly looks that way - can't remember what was there before but I think there are 5 new ones with Santa hats image 

• Ding Ding - final lap everyone.... Does anyone know the actual time of the cut off?

I really wish you all well and hope you'll all stick around regardless - it's been a pleasure having you on board image

• Sleepy Bear - voting cuts off midday tomorrow and they said they hope to let us know sometime Thursday...  My fingernails may not make it!

Will definitely stick around - you've all been so welcoming, this whole process has been an absolute pleasure...

• I think its at noon SB!?

Its been a great week, really good natured, and none of the negativity in posting we were worrying about before hand.

Its been great!

• I thought it was noon aswell. It was originally midnight but it was brought forward to give them more time to collect the votes up and decide on who to put through.

Clive im sleep deprived after this week!

Guys my car is my pride and joy, I love it to bits and if anyone tries to harm it (or any other of my loved ones) then I dont take it lightly image. My OH wasnt too pleased though...he doesnt share my love for my car and was worried about having to back me up!

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

V v cold run tonight, but now feeling v christmassy as I counted christmas trees along the route! time for a cup of tea n write my christmas cards I feel...!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Do you have my address Jen? If one of those granola bars happened to find it's way into an envelope, well...  image

(I am only joking Jen - you are too nice to ignore such a request, maybe I can nick one from you when we're next in the area?)

Damn these smilies are like gremlins - they are multiplying! Who fed them after midnight?

I'll never reach my target at this rate. Come on, who's the wise guy? Who put RW up to this? Ady, it was you wasn't it? image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

a new batch is in oven now Malcs! image