Ladies You Might like this ;o) A New Women's Marathon

2»

Comments

• so you understood that sentence... you ability to read is improving as the evening goes on.......maybe something is aiding your little grey cells... oh yes ItsFriday image

• Wow. You really don't like being told off do you?

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I think women-only events are crap, and pander to the idea that men are nasty beasts who can't be trusted to behave in public.

Some women do just need to man up, in effect.  Do they think that no men will be there to watch their wives/girlfriends/daughters?  A women-only event is not going to be completely man-free.

And I wish KK and SN would just put each other on ignore.

• Wilkie wrote (see)

I think women-only events are crap, and pander to the idea that men are nasty beasts who can't be trusted to behave in public.

Some women do just need to man up, in effect.  Do they think that no men will be there to watch their wives/girlfriends/daughters?  A women-only event is not going to be completely man-free.

And I wish KK and SN would just put each other on ignore.

good point.. will try harder....

• i think it is more bizarre that men can enter it but only women will get an official result according to the info on the site.

i'd have been interested in a Mallorca marathon but that all seems too odd to me, I have no problem running with men even if they are much faster than me!!

•  very bizarre..........the only reason for that   might be that the race is Katherine switzer and as she ran boston but was not allowed a time........then they are doing a reversal as a gimmick.....

but to me it doesn't work.we have moved on since those days and whilst we should remmeber her and what she did and achieved...I don't think this is the right way

• As a long term member of a women only running club I can see both sides and see the relevance of both Seren and KK's comments.

However I do agree that Katherine Switzer did a great deal of good in getting women accepted into distance running and it does seem odd to now hold a women only race when there is not an obvious need for it in Europe.
    I could understand if it was being held in a middle eastern country that wanted to keep to the local culture and tradition of keeping genders separate in sport.

• Sussex Runner NLR wrote (see)

Is there anyone out there who can expalin why we need seperate sex marathons? 

Sussex Runner NLR wrote (see)

Wow. You really don't like being told off do you?

To avoid arseholes like you, maybe?

I thought about a whole lot of abjectives to put before arsehole: sexist, depraved, fascist, etc. ... But I thought you might object.

• Come on people stop trolling.  Can't you have a civilised discussion?  Would you call each other all these nasty names if you were discussing this in a pub?  Thought not.

Kittenkat put it very well  - if you're a decent lady runner in a mixed race you can feel like a category winner.  In fact, you can be ignored altogether.  In July Emily Wicks won the ladies Great City Race.  The organisers managed to tweet that her husband Phil had won the overall race but ignored Emily's achievement even when I tweeted them to ask them who'd won the ladies race as I suspected it would be Emily.  It would only have taken a few seconds to tweet that she'd won (and they managed to tweet other things after I'd asked the question so hadn't logged out of the account - unless of course they were using automated tweets).