Sub 3h15

Comments

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Leslie - great session.
    GD - yes, it was lovely out there 2 or 3 hours ago! Just think of it as GD o'clockimage
    Fishy - don't know all those places, but I am envious.
    15 miles this morning. First 7 @ 8:53 HR 134 and last 8 @ 7:48 HR 151.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    4 tea stops?!

Now that is the way to live!

Excellent win OO and great running from Lorenzito, PMJ and Poacher with relatively speedy efforts.

That's a nice, solid session Leslie - coming back strong.

Fast 2mile swim in the lake last night, just one more splash about and a couple of bike pootle sessions to go now.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Gul - Finished my run at 06.50. can I be in your gang for the day?! image

5 mile fartlek at the crack of sparrows this morning. What an ungodly hour to run fast intervals!
    Averaged 7.08 pace on tired legs despite trying to iron them out at the gym last night. It was already warm first thing so it's certainly going to be a proper roaster today.

Take care guys if you're hitting the streets and trails today. Plenty of hydration.

GD

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Some early miles here in North East to avoid the heat. Included 3 × mile repson the track all around 5:20.

You never let us down Gulimage

• Fishy - sounds like an ideal day. I bet the scenery was stunning. Hope your eye is OK.

More great reps from you there Leslie.

OO - does the 5:20 refer to the time or the pace of your reps? Either way, it's impressive.

Gul / G-Dawg - can I join the gang as well, even if I can't think of a suitable GD-type alias?

Managed a decent effort on a 7 miler this morning: 7:0x pace on a loop with a few ups and downs, getting back at about 6.30am to grab a bowl of cereal, put a fresh top on, pack my backpack and run down to the station before completing the commute with a 2 mile run into the office. Already pretty warm by the time I got in so don't envy anyone who's out there on a lunchtime run.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Those are the mile times Lorenzo. I was chasing junior who did 5:15, 5:10, 5:20.I could only stay with her on the last one. 

6 easy this morning, still lovely weather here. Off to Manachester this pm for my middle daughters graduation tomorrow.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

G dawg- perfect pacing 

Fishy- nice 8 hr session with decent tea breaks image Hope the eye heals soon.

Slokey- at least the swim will cool you down 

Gul-cranking out long runs like a machine !

0053- that is proper flying 

Lorenzo nice commuting.It was hot alright 28c yesterday 'ere and 20 this morn when i got up.

4 easy yesterday and track again this morn.

12 x 400m all around 1:26- 1:28 a lap with a 1:22 to finish , image

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

It was nice jumping in the local lake yesterday evening for a couple of laps, although I did sweat my knackers off squeezing into the wetsuit. Tbh I felt a bit of a wimp as most were just in swimsuits.image

A bike run brick session this morning and the legs are starting to feel nice and strong, it's amazing what a taper can do.

Not long now.

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

SJ - taper in full swing now!
    GD - finishing at 6.50 might just about qualify image
    OO - 3 x 1 mile @ 5:20 is going some! I couldn't even do one of those.
    Lorenzo - well done squeezing in those runs.
    Leslie - looking forward to cut-back next week! Good reps.
    Moof - think I'll stick to running in the early morning. Looking forward to the impending smackdown.
    7 mile recovery run d&d. Had a lie-in and didn't start till 5:00amimage

• You lazy so-and-so Gul!!!! 

Hope you enjoyed the graduation OO.

More strong reps from you Leslie.

Hope you enjoyed your swim Moof - who's taking bets on the weekend's result?

6.5 commuting miles for me in rather warm conditions today - it was noticeable how many people decided that they didn't want to sit next to me on the train!!

Also, a quick one to see if anyone is interested in a ticket going spare for the Anniversary Games on Saturday - we got one for elder Lorenzito but he's working during the day. It's one of the cheap ones up at the top of the stand but still great views and the opportunity to see Jess E-H, KJT and Mo in the build up to Rio shouldn't be missed so if anyone is interested, PM me (and let me know on here that you've done it) - first come first served!

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Lorenzo - that offer of a ticket is tempting, especially as I expect to be gardening on Saturdayimage
    Got my act together this morning and was out at GD o'clock again. Snuck in this week's LR (to ensure an extra long gardening session). 18 miles including a very pleasant lap of the village of Wolferton, which is a deviation from one of my usual routes. First 9 miles @ 8:53 m/m HR 133 and 9 miles @ 8:01 m/m HR 149 (slightly inflated due to another prolonged spike near the end).

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Moof, weather is looking good for Sunday (met office is the most favourable one so I'm choosing that one)

As for bets Lorenzo, is that on finish position, time or potential mishap (categories such as mechanical / gastrointestinal / wildlife / navigation / crashes / cartilage all spring to mind)?
  • moofmoof ✭✭✭

Yes, the weather looks better, I've bought a new hat for the occasion. I've done all the training I can so just hope luck is on my side and I can make it to the finish line in one piece. I'm catching a flight to Zante early Tuesday morning for a well earned rest and will get a right bollocking if I turn up broken!

This years training stats, Swim 80 miles, Bike 3436 miles, Run 1065 miles, 400hours total training. (Fetch is great for these stats)

The bets are off but if I'm anywhere near Slokey towards the end of the race then I would have had a blinder!

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Stats:

Swim: 100miles exactly (!)

Bike: 3682 miles

Run: 508 miles image

330hrs training

Looking forward to it Moof - I think we'll be close and wouldn't be surprised at all to see you run past me in the later stages

Feels like a proper race! image
  • SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Winner buys the beer!
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Looking forward to the moof v SJ smackdown. Bring it home boys!

Working from home today but just the morning so nipped out at lunchtime for a cheeky 10 miler. Another sweat-fest which worked out at 7.10 pace. Inclines and heat don't mix.

Off to that there London now for posh drinks and then on to Royal Albert Hall to see Strictly Proms. A new cultural experience!

GD

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Moof / SJ - stonking stats! May the best man win.
    GD - good 10 miler in this heat! Hope you enjoyed the Proms.
    7 recovery miles this morning - HR 128.

• Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭

Good luck to Slokey and Moof. A genuine race, mano a mano.

My eye is fine now, but earlier this week I smashed my knee on a kitchen cupboard and then was forced to a standstill on my run, as it seized up. I walked home, to be told by my youngest son that it looked like a fat old lady's knee. Not very pc, but an accurate description of the swelling!

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

There’s been some great training done by everyone. OO53 mile reps were incredible! You must be the fastest regular poster here. My fastest ever mile in training was 5:37 and that was a single rep time trail.

Good luck moof and SJ. I look forward to the reports

I’ve had a bad cough and wheezy chest for a fortnight. Subsequently, I ran a 10 mile race in 1:05:3x which was 4 minutes slower than last year, on Tuesday night. I went to the Docs on Wednesday who has put me on steroids and anti-biotics and told me not to run for a week. However, I’ve a Half Marathon paid for tomorrow and I’m even staying away in a hotel with the family afterwards. Will Madbark take the Docs advice? image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Some how I doubt it Badbark but do take care.

Those reps were certainly a surprise to me too, I was chasing junior and got a big surprise when I saw the time. Last effort today, 7 gentle miles on sand. Sunday is Coastal Run bound, and I can't wait. Might sneak a gentle parkrun tomorrow though...

Hope the knee has calmed down Fishy... 

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Moof and slokey -cracking stats, I hope you see each other near the finish image

G-dawg - nice fast 10 

Gul an easy run after all these longuns 

Fishy- having a bad week on the injury front image

Badbark-hope they are not testing for drugs at the half  !

0053-sack the parkrun and save it for a proper crack at the coastal ,you are on top form !

3rd track session of the week :

3 x 1 mile 6:06, 6:07, and a disappointing 6:16 to finish ,nothing left in the tank !

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Fishy - you sound as accident prone as me! Take care of that knee.
    Badbark - just be careful.
    OO - enjoy the Coastal mara!
    Leslie - that's certainly not bad for a 3rd track session.
    14 miles to finish the week this morning. 7 super plod miles @ 9:42m/m(!) HR 122 (I think my body is trying to tell me something) and 7 progressive miles to finish (7:59, 7:39, 7:03, 6:55, 6:44, 6:39, 6:28) HR 154. 74 miles for the week. Ready for a rest tomorrow and cut-back next week! Have a good weekend everyone. Looking forward to the smackdown!

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Great running Gul. Getting out early was the thing to do. I seemed to get maximum temps this morning, I was sweating before I'd even left house. When I got back the thermometer read 29 degrees.

I did 20 miles on the bike yesterday, so I wasn't fully fresh this morning. Struggled from the first mile and nearly binned the whole thing at 5, legs were trashed and the heat was sapping my energy.

Decided to stop to take on gels and water in order to break the 15 miles into three segments. Worked well and just plodded round for a time on feet session. 15 very warm miles at 8.18 pace.

Every run seems to be on tired legs right now, I'm contemplating a mid campaign break to freshen up and kick on.

GD 

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Hello, thread.  I've been AWOL for a week or so due to a combination of work, a few days away in France at a wedding and a bit of lurgy induced self-pity.  Still, it looks like I'm on track to finally manage 6 sessions this week, which marks week 1 of my 12 week Chicago build up.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

Slokey- my number is 930. Best of luck, hopefully it won't be as warm as today.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭

Dns for me as I've been up all night with food poisoning from some sh#t served in the hotel.

Gutted would be an understatement.

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, Moof. Good luck Slokey.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Moof - no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!! Gutted for you too.
    Jools - hi; hope the Chicago training gets off on a good foot.
    Rest today.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Moof - NO!! Gutted for you. What a poxy nightmare. Make sure you let the hotel know how pissed off you are.

GD
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Moof that is such a bummer after the immense effort you have put in. Commiserations.

Hugely impressed by the hours tri types put in - makes mere running look like a part time hobby.

Joolska - Chicago = pretty flat and potentially fast. Good Italian food. Very nice.

I predictably lost the unofficial smackdown at the Northumberland Coastal Run today - beaten by a few min by OO and several more by OOjnr. Not too hot but 13+m on demanding terrain into a pretty constant headwind makes it a race where strength counts. 1.36.44 for me, fastest time on this course for a while so pretty happy.  And glorious to spend so much time on the beach.

No more races in the diary due to uncertainty about work plans, which isn't helping with training motivation.