Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options

Gerard nice 10k pace how did the parkrun go after that in the new runners ? No races planned here just building a marathon engine image

Lorenzo nice jetsetting to all the tourist hotspots ,shame about the ankle hope its ok soon again.

Gul nice late (for you only !)  12 miler.

anybody racing enjoy the craic and dbs !image

6m easy yesterday then 15.5m today with 4 easy, 8 at 7:30m/mile then 3 hard 7:06, 7:01 ,6:56 to give an average of 7:30 for the 15m. I will be having a rest day tomorrow as nightshift tonight.

• Options

Hopeyiur ankle is OK Lorenzo, XC should heal itimage

Your oversleeping is an early start to most Gul, nice 12 miler.

Nicely paced 25  miler Leslie.

Cheshire 10k this morning in very soggy conditions. Start was delayed 19 minutes and busy as the first 300m wasd on a stoney track with big puddles. Course was great along totally closed country lanes. There were a few mild undulations, but on the whole flat. First mile was OK in 6.18 trying to catch up from the busy start. I thought I'd overcooked it as the 2nd mile was 6.11, but felt OK. I was averaging about 6.18 pace. Managed to hang on for a bit a burst at the finish to come home in 38.46. Chuffed with that as it's my quickest time in 4 years image

Good luck to all the XC and runner's this weekend.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Knock Knock.

Hello!

Not been on here for yonks but quick catch up tells me you're all running along nicely. 

Well done on the TM marathon OO.  I see they are putting on another 5 of these through the winter months.  Excellent idea. 

I will return.  One day.

Keep on running. image

• Options

KR - Fab 10k! Knew you were gonna smash it, well done!!! image

Minni - Hello and nice to hear from you. Are you running much?

Leslie - Another very good run from you. I had a bit of a shocker at the parkrun today. 20:10 was the time. My legs didn't want to know and I knew it was going to be a slow one after about 2k. It was very wet and windy but no excuses as others I know ran well, especially the 13 year old who won in 17:20! 

Good luck at the XC everyone this w/end. 

• Options

*waves to Minni*

We held a minute's silence before the XC today, and most of us wore black ribbons either in our hair or pinned to our vests. 

Great running KR! 

• Options

Great going KR - not surprised you're pleased with that performance.

Never mind GM - important not to beat yourself up. One bad run doesn't make you a bad runner.

Minni - welcome back. No excuses for you not to be posting on here regularly!

How did the XC go G-Dawg? Fortunately the rain held off for ours but I wish the course had been a bit muddier. So-so performance from me, but younger Lorenzito won the Junior race so it was smiles all round. Minute's silence observed at the start - very moving.

• Options
    SEdanSEdan ✭✭✭

Saw the photos from XC this morning. Looked wet. image

Well done to thise who raced in this weather. I got in an easy 7.5 instead.

Started to firm up my race calendar for winter/spring. Instead of the county XC, I'm going to go all in with the Southern's at Parliament Hill at end of January. Nothing like a hard 15k XC as a first comeback race.

Target spring race is Paddock Wood HM and hopefully I'll fit in a 10k at some point in the build up.

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Great eat runs from Leslie and KR, well done!

So My club XC debut went quite well, most importantly I really enjoyed it, such a laugh with mates and other clubs. Interesting to see the difference in runner types at a purely club v club event, some proper runners in there.

Course was 2 x laps around Epsom race course. Before the start we held a minute's silence for Lucy and Stacey and my club mates and I all wore black wristbands to ensure we ran in their honour.

I used the first lap to recce the course. Once I had the mapping in my head I bombed the downhills and went steady up the inclines. Result was 5 miles in 33.06. Splits were 6.24, 7.18, 6.05, 7.06, 6.25. Spot the downhill in the middle!!

Legs were caked in mud at the end, conditions were muddy, sandy, rocky and grassy but the rain held off.

Really pleased with that as a XC debut and I think I scored points for the club (10th club finisher).

GD

• Options

Leslie - sounds like you've earned that rest day.
    KR - that's a fantastic 10k time - well done.
    Minni - good to hear from you. Hope you can pop in more regularly!
    GM - good effort at parkrun. That's a very impressive time for a 13 year old, especially if conditions were unfavourable.
    SEdan - why go for the easy option, eh?!
    GD - excellent XC debut - your report obviously indicates that you'll be back for more!
    6 recovery miles this morning to make 62 for the week.

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Great weekly total, Gul.

Just back from 11 off-road miles with a group from the club. Dead easy, nice and slow (8.45 pace) but just like last week, great fun and a laugh-a-minute. With half a mile to go there's a small river with a bridge or ford choice, so of course I plunged into the ice cold water first thinking it would be shin deep but the tops of my thighs tell another story!image

Brilliant fun and the hot coffee after counters the freezing wet legs nicely.

GD

• Options

Great pace on the XC G-Dawg - I don't think I got anywhere close to that but our results aren't up yet. Sounds you're a natural at it. Hope your legs have warmed up now.

Good weekly mileage Gul - which race is next up for you?

The usual Sunday running group weren't out and about today, so went out on my own for a 13.5 miles with a few ups and downs to get me to 39 for the week. Aiming for more miles next week.

• Options

Lazy 12 this morning for me as I didn't have race legs for the XC but too nice not to go out so up and down round Turville where they filmed Vicar of Dibley and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! 40 for the week, 1,998.4 for the year, so 2,000 up tomorrow.

• Options

I'm just behind you PMJ - planning to hit 2,000 next Saturday.

• Options
    Ran the half marathon course this morning in sunny but windy weather. Headwind force 5 up those hills is hard work but good to remember what the route feels like. Hoping for less wind next week. Left hamstring has been bothering me since yesterday morning, need to watch that this coming week
  • Options
    Lorenzo wrote (see)

I'm just behind you PMJ - planning to hit 2,000 next Saturday.

Doesn't make up for you being just ahead at VLM!

• Options
    SEdanSEdan ✭✭✭

Another 12.6 for me this morning, in a comfortable 8:40 pace. Only problem is I turned my ankle over in a pothole so it's a bit sprained. It feels pretty minor and I've been able to walk/drive on it, but will take an extra rest day and see how it feels on Wednesday. I'm due a recovery week in any case...

• Options

Gdawg speedy xc debut 

Gerard 20:10 is still good going after a tough day before and good to get a preview of the half 

Gul great week 

PMJ/Lorenzo nice synchronised mileage tally image 1516m here which beats last year's 1295 !

SEdan rest day is a wise decision you don't want it flaring up 

61m for the week 

• Options

Shame the park run didn't go to plan GM, still a decent time. Crikey, that's a very fast 13 year old! It's good you run the HM course to familiarise yourself with the route, weather still sounds bad. Hope it clears up for next week.

Impressive XC time & splits G-Dawg and Club counter too.

Good weekly mileage Gulimage and you too Leslie.

• Options

GD - sounds like you're enjoying your weekly off-road run!
    Lorenzo - no races booked yet.
    PMJ - Don't slack off now or Lorenzo will overtake you!
    GM - up hill into a headwind is tough going. Take care of the hamstring.
    SEdan - hope the ankle heals quickly.
    Leslie - good mile tally.
    KR - what sort of weekly mileage are you doing these days?
    7 slow miles to start the week this morning. Time for some work now!

• Options

I think I was averaging about 40-45 miles a week before the half marathon a few weeks ago Gul. Long runs are in the 12 - 14 mile range. Certainly not as much you and Leslieimage

• Options
    Gul Darr wrote (see)

PMJ - Don't slack off now or Lorenzo will overtake you!

2,004.25 mi done and dusted. Unless Lorenzo did a sneaky marathon yesterday evening I got there first.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I'm also just shy of 2k miles and should pass it this week. Unfortunately my hip is quite bad at the mo (as is my form) so I may have to ditch my big 10 miler this weekend. Feeling a bit low with this and other ailments, but will hopefully bounce back soon.
  • Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Good weekend's activity in the trainers from the usual suspects. Good efforts on the XC, parkruns and assorted medium/long runs being logged, especially if it involved being out on Saturday morning when the weather was shocking! I took the option of a short lie-in instead, and went out for an 11 mile "LSR" on Sunday to see the sun coming up, which was a better plan in my mind! I'm also delighted to report that I've finished my decorating duties to the foreman's specifications, so the brushes and roller have been put away for a while.

Nice to see Minni popping in image.

2000 miles for the year so far? I have some catching up to do! Somewhere in the 13xx range at the moment, so should be close to my 1600 annual record by the end of the year. That's not a lot for some I appreciate, but represents a pretty consistent year for me.

• Options

PMJ a win's a win image

0053 a little rest will go a long way I hope,chin up  image

Abbers good the boss is happy though if she wasn't id be seeing if she could do better with the rollers image consistency is important too in running...

10m this morn with hills after nightshift 1 easy/ 9 hard average 7:08 m/mile. 

going well till I almost got run down on the 2 lane pedestrian crossing by a lady who didn't stop ,car in nearest lane did ,she looked mighty surprised to see me In my high vis top as I just missed going into the side of her car image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Lucky escape Leslie.

Always great to hear from Minni. No winter marathons fo me, 3 is enough this year...

• Options

Abbers - pleased to hear you've d&d the DIY!
    Leslie - another excellent tempo run; glad it didn't end in disaster.
    14 mile MLR for me this morning. 7 miles @ 8:47 and 7 miles @ 7:43 m/m.

• Options

0053- that's 3 more than me this year  ,great effort image 

Gul nice 14 . We only think crossing are safer we really need to trust no-one while on them !

Up after nightshift and it's a cracking day out image (plus the rest of the week is to be very cold and a bit sh*te )  the sun is out so my planned 10 to 12m  became 18.1 mile with some tough hills thrown in.image

Half in 1:39:30 then hammer down for 4 fast ones 6:52, 6:45, 6:39, 6:56 and one easier to finish .

18.1 at 7:26 m/miles.

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

great runs , Gul, Leslie, and fine weekly totals  

my CNBA ended with a solid week of 41 - I had intended a 9 on Sunday to bring up 50, but a call from my distraught son put a spoke in that wheel - he'd just heard on the news re the earthquake in NZ, and his girlfriend was (still is) in the town which was nearest the epicentre and is still cut off. She's awaiting evacuation now, but a few worried hours were spent until reassuring news was received.

no marathons for me either this year (only a solitary 10K and a few parkruns; 4 easy yesterday and a good 11 miles with pal inc "road efforts" today brings me to 1643 for the year  . . .

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Decent 7 miler today, at 7:50 pace. Probably the best I've felt for a while and no hip problems. I have a bad toothache at the mo and will probably have it whipped out on Friday when I'm back in the UK. I'll have to see how that leaves me for racing on Sunday.

Worrying times Birch glad your family are all safe.  

• Options

Abbers - Excellent news re the completion of the DIY and sounds like you had a nice run too. 1,600 is a good annual total. I'm on 857 for the year so far. I will be lucky to scrape 1,000 but that's not too bad for me. 

OO - You've raced a lot this year and I hope your hip behaves itself soon. 

Leslie - A lucky escape there and yes it's always worth remembering that we need to be super careful when out running especially when on roads with traffic. I always worry about cars pulling out of concealed entrances and there are lots of them over here. I myself have had a few close ones. That's a very fast 18 miler!

Gul - Nice MLR.

Birch - Your son must have been so worried, glad his gf is ok. Scary stuff that. Delighted to hear you have banished the CNBA demons. You should be able to finish the year off with a decent annual total. Just as a matter of interest what was your highest yearly total?

KR - 40-45 miles per week is about the sweet spot for me.

I had a visit to the physio yesterday and she went to work on my left hamstring which has been bothering me. She said it's borderline and needs a lot of work. I kinda knew that but she reckons if I back off this week and do some strength exercises on that area I should be ok for Sunday but advised me to rest and do no fast running at all. So much for my plan to have an intensive 10 day block of training before Sunday, but I will take heed of her advice. The weather forecast is looking worse and it looks like a storm might be heading our way on Saturday and they have forecast 80mph wind over night and 50mph wind on Sunday. If that doesn't change it may even be cancelled. There was a bad storm in 2007 for the same race and there were a few runners and marshals treated for hypothermia and the race director said in hindsight it should not have gone ahead. I was chatting to a friend today who said Chicago marathon was abandoned one year mid way through the race. It must be a total nightmare trying to stop a race once it has started. Fingers crossed it misses us and it goes ahead. Almost forgot to mention I did 3 laps of the parkrun course tonight as a loosener and some stretching. Felt awful to begin with but feeling better afterwards for having done it.