Sub 3h15

Comments

• Happy New Year all, hope you had a great break - far too much to catch up on properly here!

Good time away skiing for me though the snow was far from ideal. Couple of runs managed while away now getting back on it for Manchester. 13 on Sunday with the final 2k at 6:30-6:40/mi and a 4 mile tempo yesterday after missing New Year runs due to over-exuberance on NYE - my local parkruns were apparently huge - 941 at Eastville so they actually ran out of tokens and there was a queue just to finish!

Great tempo Stevie - with they improvements you've been making I'm sure you'll get towards those targets although they look mindblowing to me!

Happy birthday OO, welcome back to the returners. Here's to another year of good running from this thread.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Happy birthday, OO.

What was up with the snow , Nicko? Not enough? I was looking into how the tokens worked after the New Years day totals. Apparently on starting up a parkrun gets issued with 300 and it's only when then get more than 300 (however exceptional events don't count) do they get issued up to 600 and so on.

easy 10 mile mlr last night. was cold!

• DT - it was fairly warm with a freezing level above 2000 metres; so for the first few days we had rain on most areas; meaning when it cleared the conditions were very hard and icy, with lower slopes having a lot of snow cleared by the rain - still fun but meant I travelled sideways more than forwards most of the time!
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Birthday greetings, OO 

hi, MInni - good to have you pop in

good course for the 2:45 attempt, Stevie - good luck ! 

circumspect start to the year here, what with one thing and another -
    5 Mon, 0 Tues, 4 yesterday, 4 this morn 
  • Happy New Year everyone! Some great stats from last year and good plans for the coming year too. Final stats for 2018 for me were:-
    3000.2 miles in 395 hours 27 mins 51 secs.
    2 races and 2 PBs (HM and Marathon).
    I took a few days' rest and had my first run of the year this morning - just 3 miles going to the supermarket and back.
    Good to hear from one or two threadsters for the first time in a while - hi to VTR and Minni! And hope you had a good birthday, OO. Glad you survived the icy ski slopes without any injuries Nicko. I have the all clear from Mrs GD for Boston (Lincs), so should get my entry in soon and will maybe do the local 10k too which is the first weekend in May.
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Happy new year to everyone. I finished the year with 1,620 miles. Probably would have been more like 1,800 had I not taken the foot off the gas in November and December but it was a good year and really enjoyed trying different things like XC and trail races. This year I plan to stick to the road and will hopefully be able to log a decent autumn marathon time.

Happy birthday to OO!

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

OO – Happy Birthday!

After running two Parkrun’s on New Year’s Day I’m finally taking a break. I’m not going to run until Monday, so it will be 5 days. I did walk a few miles yesterday and a weight session this morning. I’ve also volunteered at my local Parkrun as Tail Walker on Saturday, which still counts as a completed Parkrun.

Its funny how people tell me I must have great will power to run every day. However, my will power is really only tested when I don’t run! :smiley:

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the Birthday messages. Woke with a stiff back today which has limited the days efforts, but out for a curry tonight- one last blow-out before the Mara regime bites!

Enjoy the  rest BB, you definitely earned it.
  • Happy birthday OO! Enjoy tonights curry.

So what Spring marathon's has everyone got booked in?

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Thanks
    Ive got Seville Marathon in 45 days! I’m a bit behind on the training so it will just be a training run for London.
  • Probably good to get the old race/target list started for the spring - just adding what I can see from this page. Tough track session tonight 4 mile w/up 2 x (1600/800/400) off 2 mins jog, 1 mile w/down. Lots of work to do.

17th February
    Seville Marathon - OO54

24th February
    Thorpe and Egham Half - Nicko1981 (< 1:25)

17th March
    Bath Half Marathon - Nicko1981 (Tempo)

7th April
    Manchester Marathon - StevieWh (2:45), Nicko1981 (3:00)

28th April
    London Marathon - OO54
  • 2.45 might be a bit sharp for Manchester Nicko! I'll leave it up there though, keep me working hard. No running last night but did do a lot of stretching and foam rolling followed by some strength work. New Years Resolution is to make sure I keep this up during training.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Despite not eating too much on my rest week, I seem to just look at food and put on another pound. Almost looking forward to the campaign start on Monday.

17th February Seville Marathon
    OO54 (first to the oranges)

24th Februar
    Thorpe and Egham Half
    Nicko1981 (< 1:25)

10th March Surrey Half
    G-Dawg (sub 1.25)

17th March 
    Bath Half Marathon
    Nicko1981 (Tempo)

7th April 
    Manchester Marathon
    StevieWh (2:45)
    Nicko1981 (3:00)

28th April 
    London Marathon
    OO54 (win, beat Mo Farah)
    G-Dawg (3.05)

Woking v Premier League Watford in the FA Cup this Sunday. Huge fixture, can't wait!
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

13th January- Brass Monkey Half                                                                                               DT- Sub 83/PB

OO54 (first to the oranges)                                                                                              DT-Village bakery Half- (Sub 83)

24th February Thorpe and Egham Half

10th March Surrey Half
    G-Dawg (sub 1.25)

17th March Bath Half Marathon
    Nicko1981 (Tempo)

24th March Ashby 20                                                                                                                   DT (Session of some sort)

7th April Manchester Marathon
    Nicko1981 (3:00)                                                                                                                         DT -Centurion 5 (sub 31)

28th April London Marathon
    OO54 (win, beat Mo Farah)
    G-Dawg (3.05)                                                                                                                                DT (Sub 3) 

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

As usual spent ages formatting this to make it look right, which it did until I press 'post comment'!!

G-Dawg- Are Woking the lowest ranked team still in it?

• Nicko - hope the track session went okay.
    6 miles with 8x100m strides this morning.
    Oooh, a list!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    13th January- Brass Monkey Half
    DT- Sub 83/PB

DT-Village bakery Half- (Sub 83)

10th March Surrey Half
    G-Dawg (sub 1.25)

Nicko1981 (Tempo)

24th March Ashby 20
    DT (Session of some sort)

7th April Manchester Marathon
    Nicko1981 (3:00)
    DT -Centurion 5 (sub 31)

14th April Boston UK Marathon
    Gul Darr (Sub 3:15)

28th April London Marathon
    OO54 (Sub 2, win, beat Mo Farah)
    G-Dawg (3.05)
    DT (Sub 3) 

• StevieWh said:
    2.45 might be a bit sharp for Manchester Nicko!
    Sorry I got that wrong; remember now you said that was potential Berlin target not Manchester.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Yes DT, we're the lowest ranked side in the competition. This is our 6th match in the FA Cup this season. If Watford play 6, they'll be in the final. Massive day for us, big pay day (£600k) that will pay for our players for the next 2 years.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

OO, are you still at BM next weekend??

Weighed this morning, about3-4lb up on my normal maintained weight and about 7-8lb off peak racing weight. Usually the first 3-4lb drops off pretty quickly with a basic effort so hope to lose that within 2-3 weeks. The remainder is the on-going battle through April.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Ha-Haaa, DT!! Exactly the same here. I have diet adjustments planned and want to be 12st 7lbs (79kg). That will be my lightest ever race day weight.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I am currently 11,8 and sit at 11,3/4 and race at 11-11.2. But I am much shorter than you so not comparable.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Big session lunchtime. 3 at hmp, 90s, 1 at 10kp, 3 mins then repeat. Peak session for next sundays half. Came out;

6.12, 6.22, 6.15, 6.06, 6.15, 6.19, 6.15 and 6.13.

I just couldnt fire my legs up to run at 10kp for final rep. Pleased with session though. 11 miles in total with wu and cd. 
  • That's a monster session DT! Looking good for next week.

I'm just heading out for an easy 6 miles and to try my new Nike Pegasus 35s out
  • Superb session DT, looks like you're in great shape despite the weight increase.

I'm currently coming in a stone over last year's race weight - time to cut out the alcohol for a few months again maybe.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Yes, if only i could shift 6lb in 10 days!!!

im not sure how much work I'll get done this pm. That has taken its toll on me. 

i had a notification from the nike app that as its my birthday this month i have a one off 25% off discount to use. Tempted to treat myself to a fresh pair if vaporflys given the discount on £200 and just put them aside until next year. 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Yes DT I’ll be at the brass monkey. I have a bad back today which has put XC in doubt tomorrow. Will have to decide in the morning. I’m also a couple of kilos heavier post Xmas but the diet has started.
  • DT, are you on a mailing list or something? My (significant) birthday is fast approaching and with a discount that big I could be tempted myself.

I can't manage the formatting to add myself to the list. I have the World Masters Half on 30th March, target tbc, and London Marathon, target 2.59.59. The half might be Brexit dependent...
  • 13th January- Brass Monkey Half
    DT- Sub 83/PB

DT-Village bakery Half- (Sub 83)

10th March Surrey Half
    G-Dawg (sub 1.25)

Nicko1981 (Tempo)

24th March Ashby 20