Sub 3h15

Comments

• DT19, maybe it's my computer, but at least 3 people had faces with crosses for either eyes or mouth yesterday. Definitely Nicko, I think also Stevie and one other. Today I see pictures. Weird!

Road reps for me tonight. 4 x 0.9 miles. Almost identical splits to the last time I ran this session on 16th October.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Chandos it is- will be nice to see the gang
    I ran twice today, a plodding 8 miler this morning, then an eyeballs out club sesh this evening.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I get that too Speedy on my phone, but on my laptop I see their lovely faces :)
  • DT19, maybe it's my computer, but at least 3 people had faces with crosses for either eyes or mouth yesterday. Definitely Nicko, I think also Stevie and one other. Today I see pictures. Weird!
    I uploaded the squirrel after your post, so thats why it only appears now
  • Poacher - great. Will be there, enjoying the opportunity to have a drink without feeling like my legs are going to collapse under me!

Short sharp one this morning - just over 3 miles but picked up the pace on the up and downhill stretches, just to get my legs in prime(ish) condition for the terrain at Boston.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Worked in London yesterday and got back late. 10 miler was ditched and just sneaked in a 5 miler at 6.49 pace.

Off to Edinburgh this morning for a 2 day sales pitch. Doubt I'll get out for a run but have squeezed the shoes into the hand luggae, just in case.
  • Poacher - great. Will be there, enjoying the opportunity to have a drink without feeling like my legs are going to collapse under me!
    Is there any enthusiasm to get together a non-racing team to spectate and then Chandos afterwards? If you watch from Cutty Sark (6.5 miles) you can then cross under the Thames to the Isle of Dogs and see people there twice (say Limehouse at 15 miles and then again at 20.5) and then a gentle jog back to 26.2 to be in the pub after the racers have gone through drug control.  
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    PMJ my family discovered the Thames clipper direct from Curry Sark to Westminster pier. It’s the fastest and most enjoyable route although it costs around £6:50- worth considering.
  • nicko1981nicko1981 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My mum (72) is running this year so I'll be down to spectate
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    72 - big shout for your mum! She’ll probably finish ahead of some of us.
  • PMJ - I was considering coming down to London to spectate, so ill let you know. Just need to make sure Virgin are putting on the early train again.

Nicko - That's fantastic at 72!

45 mins on the turbo last night at easy HR effort. Forgot how hot it gets on there! 10 x 1min intervals to do on the cross trainer tonight

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    PMJ - me & my VoGit pal are going - my son is on Champs start

nicko - your mum puts me to shame - maybe I've retired too soon !!   
  • PMJDT - 104 and another 12 today makes 116 for me.
    Poacher - that's a long way to go for gherkins, much as I love them.
    Speedy - occasionally I get the photos replaced with that silly face thing too (e.g. Birch today).
    Lorenzo - good hill work.
    GD - nice pacey 5 miler. I'm sure you'll find a way to squeeze some running in!
    nicko - power to your Mum!
    Stevie - nice cross training.
    Birch - I'm hoping reports of your retirement have just been greatly exaggerated.
    As mentioned, 12 miles this morning at a nice'n'easy 8:16/m.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Stevie, when I was injured last January I did spin classes 6 days a week. A week or two of easy running and I was back to where I left off fitness wise so keep at it.

That's brilliant, Nicko. I am assuming that this isn't a complete out of the blue decision after 22 years of sitting down?

Another nice 12, Gul. Couldn't match that today.

A very unpleasant 7 at recovery effort over lunchtime. Temp had dropped a lot since this morning and it was raining. Neither factor I was aware of until I ventured out. Plus the calorie deficit diet I am on left me very much running on fumes today.

• She only started running about 5/6 years ago similar to when I started; done a couple of halves but this is the first full marathon. Very impressed and proud of her - hope she doesn't beat my time though!
  • I hope I'm still running marathons at 72! Nicko is back to being a face with a cross for a mouth today. Very confusing! I only ever use the forums on my laptop as well, it's way too confusing on my phone!

12 mile MLR tonight. I took a work colleague with me (26 year old boy child who is now faster than me on short stuff and even beat me at the Worksop Half - how rude!). I may have killed him off though, he's not used to running further than 10 miles and he's certainly not used to the hills I run on. It was nice to have company, even if it was a bit slower than I'd normally run. I might let him come again if he isn't actually dead.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    That’s very amusing Speedy, poor lad!
    I only ran a couple of slow miles with Mrs OO today, long one planned tomorrow.
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭

Huge Kudus to your Mum, Nicko - that's some going at 72.

Unpleasant but it still adds to the training bank DT.

Good mid-week mileage Gul.

Good cross-training Stevie - don't be tempted to try the calf before it's healed.

A bit miserable here this afternoon as well - raining and windy - but 13 miles completed mid-afternoon.  Nothing too fast, but just crept under the 7:50 m/m respectability threshold.   The route has a steep uphill section at 10 miles - so good training for Heartbreak Hill!

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Heartbreak is neither very steep nor very long, but it plays with your mind and has the potential to do exactly what it says on the tin.

(Although that won’t happen to the sort of tough cookie runners who inhabit this thread.)

5m tonight, driving rain and hail, hmm.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Heartbreak hill is not big in isolation but in heat or other adverse conditions, is in completely the wrong place at the wrong time. Saw some fit looking folk blow up big time there.

Loving Mama Nicko hitting the Marathon trail. Mucho respecto.

Packed the kit in my hand luggage for my Edinburgh work trip and what do you know, today's meeting finished early so I could get out before it got dark.

Only a 4 mile recovery at 7.49 pace but that included running up Granny's Green Steps to the castle and taking a couple of pictures. Lots of people about but good fun and bonus miles when none were expected. 
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    didn't make it up Arthur's Seat, then GD?  tut ;)
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    DT - rain and cold are certainly not a nice combination.
    Speedy - quite ruthless - I hope he's not dead!
    OO - enjoy the long run.
    SBD - that's more than respectable for a 13 miler.
    Poacher - I sense a theme going on with the weather today... (or yesterday, should I say).
    GD - well done wangling an early finish to your meeting ;) Definitely need to do Arthur's Seat though!
    13 miles this morning at an average pace of 7:27/m.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    My 13 much slower than yours Gul at 8:45 pace, in a snow blizzard. It was great fun :)
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I cant cope with the snow again this year!! At least living further south and central it doesnt hit us as often as you northeners. 

Nice 13s both!

I did tonights bodypump last night in order to give me a complete rest day today which i felt was in need. 
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    I rather like the sound of Curry Sark - much more interesting than some old boat ;)

Not much to report here: managed a 'long' run of 8 miles on Sunday and just gradually building the miles back up.  And getting back on the bike for commuting to/from work.  My quads have let me know that they are finding Bristol's many hills hard work!
  • Hard to find a decent flat route in Bristol that doesn't get boring really quickly hey Jools! Good to see you are building up again.

GDawg - Arthur's seat is a great run - a bit sketchy on the way down from the very top but the road around is surprisingly fun both ways, amazing views all round - thoroughly recommend for next time.

Also hoping for now snow - first day was a great run last year but as soon as it became lumpy ice and unrunnable not so much; especially as the gym was closed too so there was no choice.

Well done on beasting the young ones Speedy - show them who's boss.

Away for work at the moment so just hit the treadmill tonight in the hometown of our strong and stable Prime Minister; not feeling strong or stable but managed 8 x 3mins off 2 min jog; section paces @ 6:02 x 3, 5:58 x 2, 5:51 x 3. Basically Yassos so happy to get 8 done.

Rest tomorrow, couple of miles Sat morning, round of golf, then see how this 10k goes on Sunday - not confident but hoping to get 39ish if all goes well.

• +1 for the run up to Arthur's Seat. I always make a point of staying so where within striking distance of there if I've got an overnight in Edinburgh. 

Great effort from your Mum Nicko. Looks like there will be more spectators than runners in Chandos afterwards. Even after the dreadmill session. I suspect you'd be more strong and stable than the PM.

Good to see you're back in action Jools.

5.5 miles for me this morning - working from home tomorrow so hoping to get at least an hour's run in before firing up the laptop  
  • Well the Boy Child survived and is up for coming out with me again. I hope he never does a marathon, he'll beat me in that as well if he keeps joining my training!

Please God no snow. I live at the top of a hill and it's a nightmare. 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Poacher & Minni did you enter the Coastal?
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Im up in Edinburgh in March. What distance/elevation is it up Arthurs seat? Also, how far is the run to get there from west end area?