2014 in 2014???

Comments

• 1959km to go! 

55km Done.

• booktrunk wrote (see)

1959km to go! 

55km Done.

1959 was an excellent year image

Early days mikasa image I'm trying to bank a few miles for when this 'run' endsimage

• My big 7 days as long as I'm not injured will be at least 495km that's pretty much 25% of my total. So start slowly and I'll creep up. 

In fact over 25% of what is left image

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Parkrun today and run/walk there as started off bit too fast.

12.69/2014 km
    7.89/1252 mi

• A nice 6 mile run this  morning,

Total so far 51k

• Weekly check in - 42 miles for the week (79 for the year)

1935 miles to go!

Quite like that jumped on to this thread, as I was not up for running yesterday morning, but after relaxing in the morning and having some lunch, I pushed myself to get out for 16 miles to make sure I was keeping up my run rate...

• Well done Chewies back waxer

I went for a group run this morning but really icy so we had to take it off road and onto some tracks, which was great to start until we hit some lovely flooded areas, lovely wet dirty feet all round. best bit is the hot shower once your finished.

Enjoy your runs today guys.

my new total now 63k

Only 1951 to go

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

5km on a treadmill, was hard work, really need to get out there...

17.69/2014 km
    10/1252 mi

• Yup, well done Chewies back waxer image Nicely ahead of schedule and am glad the thread helped get you out there image

jinty, the hot shower always makes it  worth it image

mikasa, you'll be passing your 2013 total in no time image

I think I'll call yesterday end of week 2 to keep things simple for me so...

56.61 miles for the week is a total of 100.35 in 2014 and 1913 to go image

• 82.7km so far. AndI your totals are awesome. I'm on target for over 100m in January which would be a fantastic start for me.

Pretty much double mine image

• Txs BT however, lets hope it's not a case of too much too soonimage

Looking forward to a nice slow 6 mile recovery run in the bikilas tomorrow image

• Just over 40k again this week, so that's 1933k to go in 2014. All going to plan so far! Mind you, we are only two weeks in! And I've managed 14 days out of 14 running, with the minimum runs 2k just to keep the legs ticking over, which I prefer to a rest day.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Andi -- Just out of interest...  On what day did your week 1 start?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hi all.  Can I join in please?  I'll go for 2014 km though.  Did 1287 last year, so need to step up quite a lot, but I'll see how I get on.  So far, done about 68 km, 1946 to go.  Been ill for the last 3 days though, so missed a couple of runs.

• Morning all!

Just thought I would say "hello". After a dismal year in 2013, I have set a personal challenge, which is my 365 challenge, to run every day of the year. Definition of a run is 20 mins or more. Not done much more than the minimum so far, there has been some awesomely bad weather! I reckon distance to date only about 68k which is short of the 2014pa, but the distances should come up as the weather improves. Alehouse - I see you are running every day. I did wonder about starting a 365 challenge thread for mutual support, but anyhow you guys felt similar so I thought I would pop in and say "hello".

• booktrunk, good luck for the 100+ and if you were on 87k 3 days ago I guess you mean 100 miles?

alehouse, well done on 14 of 14 but yes, tis early days yet image If (no when) I run today it will be 17 of 17 and a streak of 28 straight days.

NiceIronDad, it would be interesting to see how many people started yet failed a 365 challenge. I'm off to Edinburgh for Burns night 25/26 and not sure I'll get any running in (or be up to it).

xx1, my excel spreadsheet is setup for Monday to Sunday so will call this Sunday Week 3 even though it's only 19 days (simpler for me).

Hi emzap, no need to ask, just chip in as and when and hope your up to running again soonest image

NiceIronDad, good luck with your 365 quest, why not add your days running to the bottom of your mileage here if you don't start a new thread?

• Thanks Andi.

I think I'll start a new thread to see if anyone is interested, but you guys seem sociable so will hover around and share a diet coke anyway. My rationale for the 365 is that I need "rules" and it needs to be consistent else other stuff gets in the way.

68k Day 17

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

Andi -- For my Excel spreadsheet I'm using the ISO 8601:2000 Standard for week numbering...  Therefore, assuming I've got this right, the start date for week 1, on my Weekly Totals worksheet, is 30/12/2013...  However, on my Yearly Totals worksheet for 2014 I'm only including the miles/KMs I've run in 2014, which means the totals from my Weekly Totals worksheet for 2014 don't equal the totals from my Yearly Totals worksheet for 2014...  Does that make sense?  Anyway, that's why I was wondering how you had set up yours.

I'm aiming for 2014 KMs, which is quite a big step up from the 1064.62 I managed last year...  I've currently only done 74 this year so lagging behind already.

• NiceIronDad , will take a look at  the thread now and I too need ''rules' as I still can't get out of bed for a morning run image 

XX1, I have a daily input sheet and extract weekly, monthly, yearly totals from that. It's a bit scrappy but seems to work for me. Now we are into 2014 I just take my 'normal' weekly totals for weekly stats (of course) and use my Annual tab for totals image I'm going for miles until I lose the plot then plan on reverting to kilometresimage 1019 miles in 2013 so a big step up for me this year too!

• oh, just for fun we can all learn a little history here as well,

Today is 17th Jan and I have 1876 miles to go...

On 17th January 1876 the first ever sardine can was manufactured image

• Glasgow parkrun this morning bringing my total to 90k

HIstory

in January 1924 Ice cream cone rolling machine was patented by Carl Taylor, Cleveland 

• Had a run with no rain today. Very strange. Almost enjoyable.

9k 50/50 on/off road. 

77k day 18

NID

• Weekly check in, 37 miles for the week (116 for the year)

1898 miles to go!

History - on this day in 1898, Australia won the 3rd test of the Ashes series to take a 2-1 lead

Lesson learned this week - always read the labels on foods, as after consuming a pack of M&S fruit sweets this week, had not realised they were sugar free and excessive consumption can cause a certain "side affect"! Put pay to my Thursday evening run, which would have put another 8 miles in the bank...

• 142.8 km / 89.25m  so far in January I think.

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Great going guys! I let life get in the way of running this week, so only two outings. 7 miles this afternoon though,longest for awhile.

18 mi / 1252 mi

• Good to see results rolling in image

58 miles this week making my total 158.8 so far and 1855 to go image

On this day in 1855 nothing much happened but on the 23rd Jan 1855 the first bridge over the Mississippi River opens in what is now Minneapolis, Minnesota, a crossing made today by the Father Louis Hennepin Bridge.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

After today's 10 miler I'm upto 120.59 km / 74.93 mi for the year...  Only another 1893.41 km to go.

On this day the UK's first motorway pub opened...  The JD Witherspoon Hope and Champion bar opened at Beaconsfield services on the M40.

• xx1, glad to see the miles ticking over nicely image

Am not sure we had motorways in 1893 - sure it wasn't 1983?

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Andi McGill 2 wrote (see)

xx1, glad to see the miles ticking over nicely image

Am not sure we had motorways in 1893 - sure it wasn't 1983?

LOL I think you're right Andi...  In 1893 there was just Little Chefs but the motorways to connect them up didn't come along until the 1960s image  The UK's first motorway pub actually opened today...  I hadn't realised that I was supposed to take the year, for the interesting fact, from the distance remaining...  I thought the year was just random image