Monday 24th December 2012

Morning.

Lyrics - Snow falling gently on the ground

Well run sweep!

Sounds as though you're looking forward to a trip home if not the three nights in the lumpy bed emzap.

Tom - hope the calf turns out to be nothing.

Alehouse - has it coped with the driving as well as the intervals?

Off to face Asda then I can relax once the necessities are bought. More rain here and more now forecast for tomorrow too - it looks as though it could be a wet rather than a white one.

What:                      short swim probably followed by a sauna
Why:                        need to straighten my back out
Last hard:                2/12
Last rest:                 22/12

Yesterday's lyrics were I'll Be Back On My Feet by the Monkees.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Up early to get up to the bakers - bread being the last item on the list.

Calf is feeling very stiff first thing but hopefully will ease off on walking. I'm going to stay off it for a day or two. At this instant in time, it is a strain which with a bit of careful management over the next few days may settle down. The alternative is to try and jog on it, but instead of loosening off it will go into spasm and damage followed by 8-10 weeks of frustration. It's a simple trade off......of course even the sensible approach may lead to weeks of frustration - only time will tell.

Lyrics - not
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all, and Happy Christmas to everyone!!

Tom - hope the ankle does ease this morning & hope the bakers isn't mobbed. I was surprised to see the local butchers open this morning when I walked to the station (5:45am), I suppose this will be their busiest day!
    As LmH says , this will be a wet, rather than white, Christmas, although its shaping up to be the warmest one for years...short sleeves and shorts for this morning's jog.
    what - mile and a bit run from the station to the gym, followed by 5k on the tready
    why - easy day & strong possibility its the only chance I'll get today
    last rest - friday week ago
    last hard - probably Tuesdays track...been doing solid (but unspectacular) 4-7 milers since
    Very best of luck for any festive racers!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: a short run
    Why: working from home but OH is off for Christmas so need to do something to keep sane!
    Lyrics: Nope

Tom  glad you're being sensible
    LMH hope the back gets straightened!  We're back for 10 days, so lots of floor sleeping ahead of us as well as lumpy beds!

3 more hours or so, then it's Christmas!!!

Have a good one everyone.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Dustin - bakers was OK, mind you they where queued out the door at the butchers. That's the advantage of living in the town centre....however the disadvantage will be apparent when the pubs turn out at 11.30 image

Emzap writes "Tom glad you're being sensible" ha, ha, ha !

Off to wrap Val's present.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Happy Christmas to you all for tomorrow.

In a state of shock here, as when I got in from my run I found out that a work mate died last night whilst in work, found in his van. Puts everything in to reality, thoughts and prayers are with his family he was only 36....

6.25m with some fast miles done

• RFJ - that's tragic at such an early age

What: maybe run after work
    Why not: knacked after having been up to 3:30 with work
    Last rest: err yesterday
    Last run: Tuesday
    Lyrics: feel like I should

• Afternoon!

That's terrible news, RFJ. That will be very tough for his family.

Morning spent food shopping (deserted at 8 when I went out...queueing down the street from the cheese shop, fishmongers, butchers, greengrocers and bakers now). Then more mince pies made: in the 24 hours I was away 15 of the 18 made from Christmas were gone!. I suppose that's a compliment!

LMH: the driving doesn't seemed to have done any harm.

What: very little exercise today apart from the above and more cooking. And a couple of glasses of champagne shortly when two of my runners take me for our annual Christamas Eve drink.

Lyrics: no.

Carol service last night was very good...spoilt though by the vicar who delivered a half hour sermon. By the end we were in oxygen debt: candle lit so no air!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJ wrote (see)

Happy Christmas to you all for tomorrow.

In a state of shock here, as when I got in from my run I found out that a work mate died last night whilst in work, found in his van. Puts everything in to reality, thoughts and prayers are with his family he was only 36....

6.25m with some fast miles done

imageimage  that is dreadful, RFJ!

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas image

what: 15 miles
    why: yesterday my world was covered in ice and leaving the house became impossible, so got those miles in today instead
    last hard: being stuck indoors all day yesterday
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: Christmassy, but can't place them ...

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

RFJ  terrible news, thoughts are with you.

10 km done, warm here, shorts and t-shirt weather.  Then home to try and make salmon en crute...pastry failed so but managed to rescue the failure by turning it into a chocolate and rum fruit cake instead image  Salmon will just have to be without crute...

• Sad news RFJ.

emzap - stuff the salmon instead - breadcrumbs, pesto and parmesan make a nice filling. Intrigued as to how failed pastry became chocolate and rum fruit cake though.....

Well done for getting those miles in chickadeee - very wet here, floods in all directions at the moment but hoping to get out for a little run tomorrow.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    RJF - that is truly awful.
  • Gentle 3 miles in the moonlight, first since Tuesday
    Surprisingly dried up considerably underfootimage

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

late post - RFJ absolutely gutted to hear that...must be devastating for his family. Sincerest best wishes to you