Todays lyrics:You don't have to sit back and relax

What:4M Steady

Why: getting out

Freezing fog up here at the moment

Coffee and catch up.

Back later

Comments

• Morning.

It's a lot colder here this morning - can't tell if it's foggy or not it's too dark!

What:            turbo
    Why:             can't swim on way home as have my jab
    Last hard:     13/10
    Last rest:       23/10

Lyrics - don't think I do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: either rest or short run
    Why: easy day/warm the legs up before stretching

Looks very cold outside!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

-3C here at the moment brrrrr.

What: I'd like to do a long run, but depends on work, weather and back!
    Why: haven't done one in a while
    Lyrics: don't think so.

Have a good one all.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Did I see Gobi pop in? good to see you're still about and good luck ay Stubbington on the pacing.
    Nice work Don at the xc
    didn't seem that bad out there this morning, I think it wil be a few more weeks before it goes under zero
    lyric - yes I do

what - more rest.
    why - Knee ligament still a bit sore and while I'm only looking at xc this winter, I might as well give it us much rest as I can. Besides have parents evening (or afternoon as they are now) followed by club committee meeting tonight.
    Didn't get out yesterday - timekeeping all day at County Schools swimming. Youngest picked up 2 PBs  but was never going to be in the prizes (years 7, 8 & 9 all race in same age group)
    last rest - all week
    last hard - Tuesday

Happy Monday

• Gobi is backimage

donaldo: Some improvement re your club mate who beat you by 30secs previously then.

• Morning

Yesterdays words "Creep" as executed by Radiohead

4k swam. Turbo later.

Dust - nice development by the chisseler

Watch out, Gobi's about!! Keep yer head down... I'm alright... I'm in a different Country

• Relatively warm here (5°C) 3 mile cicuit of Scapa Bay done , before joining up with one or 2 others for a kayak at 11.
    Why: taking it easy
    Last rest: Yesterday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

great lyrics, sit back and relax is what I haven't done all weekend! Did a race at Ruislip sat, came last image

did 3rd leg of the three molehills yesterday and had a much better run than Saturday's race!

And now it's MOnday again....

OH have a lovely Kayak

Gobi?? Nice!

Dustin nice to get some family pbs!

What: I think a gentle run later

why: weekend was quite enough

Last hard: up hill yesterday

last easy: Friday

have a good Monday all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Never mine Gobi - I'm back image

What: 5k

Why: plod & become

Last Hard:  lol

Last Rest: Friday

Have a good one!

• A'noon

AF is back tooimage

• Oh dear (kicks herself re yesterday's lyrics image)

Nice to see Gobi an AF image   anyone knows what Tine and stickless are up to?

wabo: someone's gotta be last - at least you raced. the only way is up image

-4C here but supposed to warm up again and get windy & rainy image. I much rather have this kind of weather. Blue skies, cold, crisp air, no wind. Just beautiful.

What: 5 miles at lunchtime
    Why: overslept this morning and missed my slot
    Last hard: like AF: haha  .... in any case it must have been before September 15. But there will be hard bits going forward. I'm determined.
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello

15 km done.  Met a guy from running club at 3rd km.  Didn't recognise him with hat and scarf on so wondered why this strange old man was asking me to run with him...anyway, ran with him and turned out I did know him afterall!  Was aiming for 6 min/km and managed 5:30 for all but the last 3 as got too cold at that point.  Happy with that image

Speaking of missing ones, anyone heard from Madame O at all?

• Emz: I noticed Madame O in the results at the National Road Relays in October so she is definitely still running!

I also see/hear from Clink/TMR/BR/Hilly and Straycelt from time to time: need to drop some of them a line!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Blimey Madame O - haven't seen her anywhere for ages.

Sorry Saturday wasn't great Wabo but glad that Sunday was better. Any other races planned or just x-country?

Dustin - she couldn't do better than PB! Hope your knee is soon fully mended.

emzap - good running.

chickadee - I'm sure you'll soon be recording 'hard' runs again.

OH - is the ankle better now?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon

Wahey imageimage

AF is back - This is promising

Gobi you too all the best

(who'll be the 3rdimage )

Paddy I love your music just don't normally recognise  the words

What: zilch Why; housebound Last Hard: saturday Lyrics no

a cycle to work probably  be the best but family of the man who died  were coming round today to start picking up his belongings. So someone had to be in to let them in. They  have to come  back today. Under the circumstances its  ok

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lmh, xctry Saturday Essex vets, hope to not be last... Bedford half 8/12, about 10 from my club are going to do that one!

af back as well whats occurring!!

• + 6.8 miles nautical on a misty with sun peeping through calm day. Just 2 of us out, although a few seals popped up to say hello!

Will miss 2nd XC this weekend image

LM.H just occasional niggle from ankle (to let me know it's still there)

• Aye, always pleased to beat clubmates who have beaten me previously. I intend to chalk them all off, one by one!  

paddy, I cant believe I didnt get Radiohead lyrics - I feel ashamed.

6 miles tonight in just shy of 46 minutes.  About -2 on average throughout.  Very cold indeed.

Good to see a few old yins back! image

• Evening

What 10ish commute

Why trying to get going again

Lyrics no

Did see Gobi the other night with RFJ and had a bit of a chat then.

Currently finding it hard to get some momentum going this month.

Ho hum

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

3.25 miles recovery d&d, middle mile was joined by  faster runner, so it turned onto  tempo run!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

What - 45 mins (6.22m)
    Why - New route for dark nights.... (it has lights, but needed to do 6 laps)!!!
    Last hard - Counting the laps
    Last rest - Thursday

Take care

• Evening.

8.5 miles done today. Pleasant enough, but too much like autumn/winter for my liking.
    I did 30 miles on the turbo trainer in the garage on Saturday, with an air temp of 1 degree. 2.5 hours in total, my motivation being that I had to get through to the end of the DVD film I was watching. At least I couldn't fall off on some greasy corner or frost pocket.

I also heard at the weekend that Beebs' Kitchen in the Clubhouse is now permanently closed. A very sad time. She was a lovely and loving lady.

• OOPs posted here by mistake!