what - 5 easy
    why - tired
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - saturday

sorry, man of few words today...
    lyric - don't think so

will pop back later I'm sure !

• Morning! 

Am at work for the first time since mid July. Hope it's not too much of a shovk to my system! 

What: 15 to 20 mins easy

Why: recovery day

Lyrics: no

Blisters: hope you are ok!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What:LSR planned
    Why: Day off, last chance before Langdale, sun shining ...
    Last hard: tide race yesterday image
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics no

• Hi guys, I is back from hols image

Won't have time to catch up. Hope everybody is doing well.

Had a fantastic time in the Alps with some mountain biking, some rock climbing but mainly hiking and very little running. I managed 4 runs of about 6 miles but it's so hilly there it was like too much hard work. Proper training shall resume this week.

I know the lyrics today image

• back again -- 5 done along the Thames. Delightful out there: non stop heavy rain, pavements devoid of tourists, had Southbank virually to myself. Thoroughly soaked, hot shower, warm soup now. Lovely, winters here!

• Good afternoon from Holland.

Pleased to hear that Blisters made it - looking forward to the full report.

What:                   30 minutes easy run/test ride on the bike
    Why:                     it's how I relax/need the bike to race - assuming I swim
    Last hard:             sleeping on the ferry
    Last rest:              5/9

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • wow, Almere has come round quick! When is the race, LMH?

I just registered for Boston image. Entries opened today. Now they have to verify everything and I'll have to wait until early October to get my confirmation. Fingers crossed no last minute hitch image

• 17.5 miles done in warm (17C) sunny weather, followed by unplanned "cool down" swim to end of pier. image
    Lovely views over Rousay and Gairsay.
    Sounds like we're having better weather than southern England

Welcome back Chickadee!

Hope all goes smoothly at Almere LM.H

• Evening

OH - Yep I heard Scotland was having sunny weather image

Blisters well done look forward to the report

LMH all the best

Runs short over the weekend just a bimble really  night out with the girls was great  I don't normally  eat steak out of habit  rather than not liking it. I enjoyed it  but  stuck with the 8oz option in case it wasn't me  I could have eaten 12oz easily. Had red wine as well another thing I could  get in the habit for image

Work all day sunday on feet all day so legs abit weary today

What: 5km well 3.12 miles
    Why: telling Greml0ins who's boss
    Last Lard: Them hills
    Lyrics no

• TRTR ✭✭✭

the tracker must have been wrong then, I was sure it said that Blisters had finished last night, where is he ?

• Nice 6 mile run today in about 44 minutes including several zombie chases.  Legs feeling pretty good.

Don't know the lyrics today image

• Evening

What Nowt
    Why rest day
    Lyrics no

Yesterdays lyrics were "Jerk it out" by the Ceasers.

TR, Blisters does appear in the results, easiest to find in the male V50 section. He gave his number on either last Thursday or Friday's DTT.

• TRTR ✭✭✭

Postie - indeed, I was following the tracker until he was home safely. I'm waiting for a post match interview in a Keegan "I would bloody love it" way. 

• Figure he must still be sleeping.

• Evening!

Must be a very long report from Blisters: so long he is still working on it.

What: 10 mins ever so slowly
    Why: lower legs didn't want to play, so decided that that was enough, given that today was a recovery day anyway. Suspect that standing from 7.50 to 3.40 except for about 10 mins didn't help!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done Postie and Blisters

What - Nothing
    Why - ShatteredLast hard - Opting to take a rest day
    Last Rest - today

Struggling at present as very tired, did a 90 min run yesterday, felt ok but have struggled all day today, to the extent that I have not gone to a road race meeting 30 miles away as did not feel I could drive that far safely there and back....

Hopefully a good nights sleep will sort that out

Take care

• Hello Y'all

Thankyou for your encouragements around the route, I knew you were watching.

The timing thingummies must have had a wobbly out on course, because I made sure that I heard every bleep. I wasn't about to do another lap. All in all it was a rather long day, and it's starting to catch up on me. I stayed over and we had a Pirate "meet up" at lunch time, after two of them had picked up their age category awards. Real podium awards!

You want a bit of report?
    F. N. Cold. before the start, air temp 10, river 16. Ergo, foggy. Start delayed 10 minutes.
    Jumped in and paddled about a bit, then realised that I was plumb in the middle of the pack. SOD THAT! Swam away from the start to get to the back. As a result I experienced a polite swim. Temps felt OK, but I need another year of training to get a consistent stroke. Was plumb last in my age group out of the water, and failed to beat the guy who did granny stroke all the way.
    T1. The air hit me, and once out of the wetsuit I realised I was hypothermic. I was also in desperate need for a huge C.....visit to the tardis. And you lot were watching me.
    Seriously under-dressed for the first bit of bike. (Wet Monaco, wet shorts, dry arm warmers). I had to work the hills to get a bit of uncold into me. Gasping like an asthmatic at this point, too. Flat it wasn't, but equally, it wasn't Tenby, Nice, Zurich, or Tenerife. The bike course was like a bird's foot: three out and back sections with a short leg into Henley for another U-turn. I reckon that I did 17mph average for the first lap, this dropped to 16.4 by the second, and 15.5 by the end. The official stats are much kinder, so don't go blabbing.
    Feature of the route was Howe hill, 12 miles from the end of each lap ie 25, 62, 100. Speed down it was over 42 mph for me, going up it I clocked about 3mph the first time. The next two I decided to walk up the steepest bit as it was faster. Clearly I didn't have enough gears in the rears.
    On lap 3 it started to rain. Having just warmed up to a good biking temperature I now got wet., but at least the finish wasn't too far.
    T2, It was raining. I don't like getting cold and wet. Still, I did overtake 4 of my age group in transition. In fact, it seems like I overtook 6 in T1 despite having a Dr Who.
    Marathon: 4 nice and flat laps on an out and back course. Apart from the hump bridges.
    Lap 1: run at about 10 or 11m/m. I'm the Daddy.
    Lap 2: got to mile 8 or 10. Then took up power walking, because 13m/m was easier like that than the jolting jog. It also settled the stomach muscles. The digestive system continued to work just fine all the way through, just that running was not fun any more.
    Each lap went past the start/finish and at halfway the Race Director asked how I was.
    I lied.
    Lap 3: Some jog, some power walking. Then at mile 18 I suddenly felt great, despite it being an up-flat. I started to enjoy running again. Life was good. I am a marathon runner and this is home territory. Orange segments became the drug of choice. Even flapjack was palatable.
    Race Director sees me at the next lap start and asks the same question.
    I didn't lie. I was strong.
    Lap 4: Probably only power-walked one mile, but absolutely gunned the last couple. I was on fire. I may even have gone under 10 minute /mile.

Pirate support was awesome, and even the post race (alcohol free) beer tasted Ok. Good job I took some proper stuff for afterwards. I reckon that my voice has gone because of all the shouting "Yaaar".

• Look, it was a long day, alright?