P + D training for VLM 2013

Comments

• To use a HeOw phrase, I'm f**ked

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

NN - Doesnt 20 with 14 top trump 18 with 14image , I might go 18.1 with 14.1 on Fridayimage

• I am going to do 22 with 14.5 MRP.  I am actually waiting until everyone has done theirs so I can be the BEST. 

Well done JF.  We need evidence though... 

• Mennania wrote (see)

NN - Doesnt 20 with 14 top trump 18 with 14image , I might go 18.1 with 14.1 on Fridayimage

No its wrong simple !!

• HeOw of the 20 or that I'm f**kedimage

Unfortunately I can't send a photo courtesy of RW not fixing the bloody site

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

I did 20 with 14 MP....think it has that in the 70 to 85 schedule....

• Stats will suffice, I can picture the pain in your face as I only have to look at my own, to remind me, what I have yet to do. 

I have decided re my MRP.  I am thinking of throwing all caution to the wind and going for a sub 3 too.  Feck it, might as well blow up in style.  What's the pace for a sub 3 again?  if I manage it, I am going to get P&D tattooed on my arse cheeks. 

• Yes, I am dreadfully bored today - I do not do well with bed rest.  I am hallucinating about running.  I may get the Wii Fit out and do a few miles jogging on the spot. 

• http://connect.garmin.com/activity/288241063 I believe shows the raw data, though not the state of the bloody roads and trails, the wind strength which I said was the toughest there has been since 1923

/members/images/306733/gallery/feet.jpg

Looking for advice on my foot problem, do you think new trainers will sort it?

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

HeOw - why can't you run? The problem is in your mouth, not your legs...?

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

JF50 - they may help, or they may make things worse. You need to wear them in a little on some shorter runs. The best thing for any injury is to stop running.......but failing that keep icing and self massaging and stretching.

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

JF50 - how did you load that photy? I keep on gettong an oops messageimage

• Men, it was in my album, I can't load anything new, it opps for me as well

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/288241063  sorry loaded it without hyperlink HeOw, don't want you working too hard in your sick bed

• I am tempted to post photo of my face so you can see 15W - I would be arrested for scaring school children and small animals.  The abscess is pretty bad, it has infected all side of my face and has made me pretty ill.  They poison you, feels flu like.  If I ran, would be dangerous!

• You can't post at the moment HeOw, tomorrow will be fine, should have the photo of Sybil loaded by then as well!

• Good run JF - did you run MRP miles first?!  You absolute rebel.  I am sure the T&C of plan stipulates, if you do that, you are suspended from marathons forever.  

Oh what a shame we can't load photos.  Will save the one of my gob for when everyone needs to hit race weight.

• HeOw I fully expect to be marched out of Expo at VLM, head hung in shame, and no bloody goody bag.

• HeOw sorry to hear about your latest setback, you're having some bad luck this year. image

JF, I'm having similar problems with my feet, it started last week when the bottom of my feet were really aching while I was running.

I've been self treating it the last few days but I'm going to see the physio tonight. I've got a mate at work that has suffered with Plantar Fasciitis and he said if you don't catch it early it can be really serious. He's suffered for years with it.
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I was going to go with NN on the 'if you don't do exactly the amount of MP it says in the book you're doing it wrong' thing, but have just remembered that I actually did 14.5 cos I sped up halfway through the second warm-up mile. So now I think 14.5 mp WINS.

Re. foot problems, I had yet another sports massage yesterday (which is what you can spend all your money on if you haven't got kids or puppies) and he did loads of painful things to my feet and said it's basically just having to train in this shitty weather.

• money well spent eh, Lit?

I might set myself up as a sports masseur. Seems like money for old rope.

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Well, I do find it genuinely helpful, but I am doing it a lot more regularly than I normally would at the moment. I'm not sure how much money you'd make at it though when you factor in the cost of your time, equipment, insurance, transport (and time for travel), membership of professional bodies, etc.

• Mark agree the PF thing seems to be a tough one to get rid of, foot feels much better today so will be

1. Changing trainers before next outdoor run, means I might buy another pair before VLM as I prefer to have just say 75 miles in them so full of new bounce

2. Factor in double the rubbing/stretching etc on left foot to pamper it

No puppies or kids at home for me Lit, but OH stretches my budgets and even worse doesn't like massaging feet!

• literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Oh, I've remembered what I meant to say: HeOw, will you get the & tattooed in the crack?

• Evening all, managed to get out for my 600m intervals.

9 mile with warm up & cool down either side

Interval times were; 2:01/2:00/2:07/2:02:2:03 

1:30 min recovery betweem efforts.  Felt fine after Sundays half marathon and found it an enjoyable run.

Still very cold with a freezing wind, main roads are clear.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭
    literatin wrote (see)

Oh, I've remembered what I meant to say: HeOw, will you get the & tattooed in the crack?

I'd like to see a pic of that too if possible...

• TenjisoTenjiso ✭✭✭

8m VO2Max session run on the treadmill this evening.  The stats are very close to typical outdoor session, so I'm happy with that.  I was tempted to run an extra interval or two, but decided to stick with the program and taper properly.  Plus, I want to try to PB a 5k parkrun on Saturday, weather permitting (finger's crossed looking a bit more hopeful).

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭

I did the 11 with 5 x1200m session tonight and it was a ratbag of a run. On main roads like Mark but a lot of nobheads beeping coz i was on the road not the pavement (cant get on the pavement). Did the vo2 (not really vo2, I dont do them no more coz they break me) on a lane and got interrupted by cars 3 out of 5 - clearly I am the size of a feckin house as they cant drive round me. Anyways all done around 10k pace at 5.5x mm. The fourth snook over 6 min pace but hey ho, who gives a shitimage. Ooh, just noticed the smiley face looks like the face on my avatar pictureimageimage. (How many have you have just leaned into the computer to take a closer look!!!).

By the way, dont tell anyone but I have a cunning plan to win the MP battle that is engulfing this thread. (I plan to run 26.2m with 26.2m at MP pretty soonimage)

• Men - I'm sure that isn't really following the programmeimage

I've done the 4x 1200 m vo2 this evening. Somehow I had completely mucked up setting garmin so had to so it on the hop and calculate w/u and c/d as I went. Infuriatingly total workout came to 9.99 miles - arghhhhh. Only found out ice finished so did a very brief jog so I knew I had done 10. Just polished off 2 hotcross buns for tea image
  • literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Am I the only one with an evil sadistic edition of P&D where you have to do 6x 1200m?

Fiona, glad it's not just me that can't set up my garmin properly!

• I did the 5x1200 and it was a seriously tough session, one of the hardest so far. I couldn't have imagined doing another rep.

Just been to the physio and he said I haven't got PF thank god!

He did say my flexibility is pretty crap which is causing all my little niggles I'm having so I need to work on that. My legs feel miles better for having a massage too.