Do I start the road to IM Wales?

13»

Comments

• Seren Nos - thanks for your support all day - it was an amazing experience and enjoyed the whole day - knew once I was on the run I would do it! image

Glasslegs - You can do it, I am proof!  

My advise would be, you just need to work on your weaknesses - but to be honest I knew I would have a little buffer from the swim for the bike, but my bike needed real work over the year as I am still slow up hills, but made sure I took advantage of the downhills, knowing the course comes in to great advantage.  You will probably have your setbacks like I did, but the key is to keep pushing on and not think too far ahead!  During my training I had two bouts of flu with a bad chest - not normal for me (take some supplements, your immune system will be smashed), two bike crashes (one two weeks before IMWales) but you just need to dust yourself off and move on.

I have to say that I have met lots of great new people along the way, they have had a positive influence on me, and especially when I thought I would never get there due to a bad long ride, they have picked me up and put things in perspective.  

Just keep believing is the key!  image

Most importantly enjoy the day, you will never experience anything like it again!

Mtri - Thanks! image

• Brilliant accievement Bumble Bee and welcome to a nutty club of Ironman finishers. Just out of interest - what do you look like? I think I passed you as I came out of Angle and we chatted about how tough the swim was.

• Wabby - spoke to stacks of people all day - not sure, I wasn't in Pirate kit only a white top and black shorts, so probably wasn't me - as I seemed to be talking to an American guy on the way back from Angle!  

• Very inspiring.  As much as I'm tempted I think it might have to wait another year - maybe 2016 and I just hope they keep it at Tenby.

• Thanks for the advice bumble bee I will pick up some supplements to help with the immune system and hope to spend the winter doing loads of hill training on the bike