Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• SgtLardSgtLard ✭✭✭

missed my brick session this morning, but have secured permission to attempt it tonight image

just a quick question - the run element of the brick - is that Z2 or is it ok to put the hammer down ?

- i do like to put  the hammer down to shake the bike out of the legs....

• I've been doing my long run on Fridays, rest day Saturday and long bike on Sundays because this fits in with life better, but I've just been reading on another thread that the long run should come the day after long bike to get legs used to it. Does it really matter about the order. Really want to keep Saturday as rest and Sunday as bike.

• SL fink lists it as a Z2 run, sorry. It's about all I can do to stagger along!

SS nothing is set in stone , some people posted that they split to two long sessions up to make it easier, others say that since on the day you run on tired legs after the bike that it's best to do them in the right order on following days, which I guess is why Fink puts it in the plan like that. Overall I guess it's more important do actually do the sessions , then order is a bonus if you can manage it?

• I take it any extra is ok? Most of the plan so far is z1-z2 but parkrun is never that slow. As long as I make all the rest of the runs and rides as prescribed, or even sacrifice a z2 run for parkrun - is that ok?
  • 7755matt  that's a question I have been pondering myself.

• Tbh I'm just going to do it. Parkrun Saturday morning then long bike sometime Saturday (I'm tempted to bike to parkrun, do 5k then bike after)

Then long run sunday
  • if you have any niggles then i would do your long run before your long bike as you don't want then to run on tired legs and make the niggle an injury.........I think you need to look at the plan and then use common sense........

i will laso be doing a few races with higher heart rate but trying to keep the long sesions all low heart rate........

Mind today was so beautiful.perfect biking weather that I just kept on biking some more and then some.............over 72 miles done.........over 5 hours........tired now.but got to get the miles in when they are offered on  a plateimage

• nice brick session this morning - 40 mins on the TT followed up by a 25 min run. weather's getting a bit colder now so am praying for NO ICE this weekend as i'd like to get out on the bike on Saturday

• today was one of those amazing days.not too cold .. not hot......i was in shorts for the second half...blue skies and sunshine..not much wind....perfect.........image

• Nice ride Seron, it was quite mild here today as well.
  • Seren - as a matter of interest when you go longer than planned on the bike do you not have a route worked out to start with? And if so at what point do you decide to add some? Do you get home and cycle off again?

• I normally have a route planned, but a lot of my routes have places which I know that I can add an extra 10 - 20 miles in during the ride if I want to, or when I get to a mile away from home there is a loop I can do with a nice hill in which will add another 20 miles onto any route.

• I had the route planned......but at the point where i could loop back i decided to go on....the weather and the fact i had met up with a  gentleman rider I had never met before, 

most rides mean i can loop longer or shorter.........or if its an out and back just keep on going out for longer......

• It all makes sense now Serenimage

Did that 100+RPM session on the turbo for an hour this morning. It is officially the hardest session of the week. Mentally as well as physically. Unless I am doing something wrong - easy gear spinning at 100RPM solid for an hour. That is right yes?

• I did my spin session last night - was in bottom gear and still kept creeping into z2. Changed from Race to Road saddle (Adamo) and it still really hurts. Had Holgs book to remind me that there's more pain without a saddle, though imageimage
  • Off trainig with lurgy the kids kindly passed on to me, not sick just very queasy so can't stomach much and feel week so trainig would be daft. Ho hum. Torn between womaning up or being sensible.

• 2nd swim of the week done and dusted.and it was a good one..... and yoga done..got to find running kit soon

• I heard today that my team are off the reserve list and in for 2013. Yayyyyyyyy image
  • SgtLardSgtLard ✭✭✭

I find myself wondering if any of the veterans have a post race/ next season plan.

I am thinking that having reached the goal and raced at week 30, their would be a maintenance load ( perhaps between race events ) and then a period between competitive seasons where you enter year 2/n a a much stronger base capability thus negating the benefits of dropping so much volume out of the fink plan ?

is this where we get into actual real person coaches and/or Friel and/or inspiration/invention  whatnot ?

• I took 12 months off triathlon after my first and got into ultras insteadimage

• I hope that's not catching serenimage

2nd swim of the week done

30 mins turbo at 100+ rpm. Wow, there was no way it was in z1, more like z4. Will check data later but it involved lots of sweatimage Perhaps I should have been in an even easier gear

• easiest gear possible for me when trying that one................

i have just done my first run of the day.........splitting my long run today into two parts.not sure if i am ment to have a 2 and a half hour break half way through but thats the way its worked out in life

• will do easier gear next time but have just worked out my heart rate zones and it was actually z2

I'm feeling very virtuous today. Only long run and long bike to go this week. I never have a problem fitting those in so this will be the first week that I've done everything I'm meant toimage

• 1:45 out on the bike. Mostly z2 but up into z3 by acciddent occasionally. The fog made it like riding it custard.

Will be aiming for longer on the weekend image

Now off climbing for a bit of cross training

• i'm going to hit over 13 hours in the first 4 days this week.looks like i can have an easy weekend image

• I too have done 2 swims, 3 runs and a turbo session up to now this week image
  • if i had known that finks just get youround programme..... only had the swims at 30 mins i would have followed thatimage

as it is i have done 5 weeks of 2 hours............thats more swimming than i uisually do in a yearimage

rest day for me.shame its looking quite nice out.still ... lots to do around the house and to do formy mother to kep me busyimage

• SgtLardSgtLard ✭✭✭

got my friday run in at almost oh my god oclock. 45 mins that should have been 60, but gently does it after 4 weeks of idle/hardly any. big bike tomorrow. thats  going to be a test image (but hardly sufferlandria quality) 60mins turbo longest bike ive done for a while, but needs must when the race entries include your name at the top .

will be looking for a motivational calenday I can flag my training on so the family know what im up too and and when