Fink for outlaw 2013

Comments

• good luck for tomorrow EP

• great news RBM......

this constant rain is pissing me off now........the thought of riding 100 miles in it tomorrow up and down hills in the wind and heavy rain for the whole day is making me sad image

• I checked the water temp in Chepstow dive quarry the other day and it was still only 8 degrees so still pretty cold.

• Seren I much prefered freezing but cold image
  • TJ1004TJ1004 ✭✭✭

wel done EP it's all good training.

did 46 miles and the wind was a nightmare, one point I was going down hill and losing time to the virtual training partner if i didnt peddle.

However more miles in the tank and the sun was out for a while so all good.image

• You've had a similar day to me, I think, except my total was 62 - I don't think I have ever been so tired. Was going to run after but hit the shower instead ... And then fell out of it!!
  • Hats off to everyone who got out on the bike today in that wind. Running in it was bad enough
  • Hi Gang,

31 miles on the bike this morning, tough at times into a headwind, still managed to avg 15 mph so can't complain,

I have been looking at Evans cycle maintainance courses and its only a tenner, got to learn something for that price
  • Well done to everyone that got out on the bike today, that was a windy one!

I spent a day with my boys at the horse trails. We are now all wind burnt and tired!

Happy training
  • It was wet and windy and very hilly....and we had a number of mechanical problems.and at one stage the rain felt like hail as the wind was hitting it into my face...........

and my lower back is hurting probably from spending so long down on the brakes jamming them on down all the technical horrible hills with lots of crud on the road.......

anyone want to buy one very dirty muddy bike........

I looked like I had been doing MTB not road biking as i was caked in so much dirt

i blame Pingu..But broke but tring is my hero for the dayimage

• I do accept full responsibility, lol.  I don't think I've ever come home so caked in mud.  It was certainly an interesting day!  Lets do it again image    

*ducks*

• I should have got you to clean my bike IP image

Seren my legs looked muddier than yours after I took my tights (image) off, at least your legs got washed by the rain, and it was my pleasure, at least I got to practise fixing things without anything actually going wrong with my bike image

I reckon we drag IP to some OW swimming soon

• My whole weekend consisted of no Fink training. However it did involve moving a large lockup container from Oxford to Shropshire, via Ikea to collect loads more stuff. Then moving it all in to a new house. That was saturday. Sunday was moving the boxes around, then moving all the flatpack and building it all and then collecting 3 piece suite, firdge freezer and a bed. Prety much all single handed as sister is 8 months pregnant (still very good at directing things though!)

I feel like I've done a HIM a least! Really very very achey all over, especially top of thighs / hmastrings image

My saturday morning physio may need to be repeated next saturday image

• and just when me and Pingu were complaining how hard it is to get back wheels on for teh Planet x bikes....and how it really takes ages....BBT steps in a does it in 1 sec flat.....

so thats us proved wrongimage

but he was the total gentleman fixing my back puncture and IP's brakes and then when I punctured with a mile and a half to go he drove back in the car to rescue me .....but amazingly I had managed to actually change the innertube myself and was nearly ready to go.....and so cycled to teh finish.......

• Good training in wind everyone. I on the other hand completely bottled it and did a good few hours on the TT courtesy of 'Ted' and 'An Idiot Abroad'. No run this weekend as got a last minute opportunity to have a blast round the Manchester Velodrome for an hour. Plenty of Z4 training!!
  • Pix - when are you venturing down this way ? our local lake opens in a couple of weeks time, so bring your wettie with you image

• Some great training going on everyone image Planet X wheels mine change fine image just in case you are not, doing any if these; open up the brake using the release leaver on the brake caliper, stick the gears at the back onto the smallest cog,flip the bike on its back undo the wheel quick release pull the wheel out of the axle slots whilst lifting the chain clear of the gear cluster, simples image reverse to replace

22 mile commute into work this morning on my fixie and a 40 min tempo run done at lunch with no problems its good to be back image
  • I have just spent ages trying to get the dirt off my bike.it was all over the seat and underneath it.........i hate cleaning bikes,.never bothereed with my old one........

some one remiond me why i took my new bike yesterday

• 82 mile bike and 4 mile run done yesterday.

Swim swum and run done today.

I am feeling very tired and my house looks a complete mess and children/grand children don't know who I amimage

Anyway, I am going to do my biggest week and have a big drop down next week.

Thanks for the wheel advice Ridgeback. I have just bought some new tyres and am clueless about these thingsimage

• 3.8km swim done, just to check that I'm ok with distance, happy bunny now
  • My 910xt has been doing the same thing recently, at the moment it seems to be ok but I have deleted all my old sessions from it, done a factory reset and updated the software on it.

• 4 mile run this morning in the sun before work, the first miIe I think my legs were still asleep but got em going eventually. image
  • first comute on the bike of the year 22 miles into a head wind all the way, hopefully still blowing the same direction tonight

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

I'm having yet another wobble sorry folks. Does Fink include enough running? Looking at the intermediate plan it maxes out at 1 x 2hr 30 min run, surely that's not enough? Especially for those very slow people like me? I'll struggle to do 13 miles in that time yet alone the 20 or so you'd usually do as a pre marathon long run. Or am I neglecting the cumulative affect of all the swimming and biking along side the run?

Realised Outlaw half is only 7 weeks away and the full is only 12 weeks away. I've been telling myself the training will ramp up and there's plenty of time but it really doesn't seem like it will and there is?

Also I'm attempting my first century ride on Sunday, do I do the normal training in the week as per plan and just do the ride as my long ride plus a bit extra? Or cut back on the plan training to accommodate the longer ride?

7 weeks till a half iron man open water swim and I haven't swum in open water yet (I did 1 practise day last summer but that was before I could Fc) is this really achievable? I know all us first timers are in a similar position since the lakes haven't opened yet. Ack put on a few pounds over winter hope the wetsuit still fits.