My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock

Comments

• Ironcat the OH did run the marathon too, very badly, so I actually beat him by a minute! (I'm never gonna let him forget itimage) on a serious note, he is getting back to form, albieit slowly, he is off to see the physio soon so she can have a look at his hamstring and see what the stTe of play is.. ( thank you for asking)

Kate Venice marathon is a point to point, you only acctually run the last 3/4 miles on the island but it was worth it. we went with a load of friends. The best marathon I have done is Budepest,  I would go back and do that marthon again, no problem. It was a really cheap weekend too !

• I've always fancied Budapest, Lucca is on the list too for amazing Italian carb loading, probably a bit cheaper than Venice.

• I might venture to the pool tomorrow, have had a good long break from swimming which I think doesnt do too much harm once in a while ...   I suspect my socks will ache on Friday

• Glad to hear he is on tghe way back, and well done on the Chicking! I've flown in to Venice before but never been any closer than that.

Busy busy Kate; I see you're not one to rest on your laurels. 4 x 1mi sounds tough.

Enjoy swimming Meldy. Me and the pool have parted company pretty  much permanently now.

Track at lunch today: 400, 600, 800, 1200, 800, 600, 400 with 400m jogs in between. After yesterday's turbo it really hurt. 800s were the hardest. Listening to my body - tomorrow must be an easy day (after 3 quality days).

• Cat, not as tough as doing a session on your own, I don't have the willpower!

• Needs must Kate! Impending house move meant Ikea tonight instead of the club track session! image

Meldy, I really enjoyed the Outlaw 2012 swim, couldn't believe how much fun I was having. However I don't enjoy the swim training, banging out lengths etc. With a young family, work and a wife that has started running I don't have the time to improve my swimming.Which is a shame as I'm fairly competitive on a run/bike basis, but my swimming is not at the same level

I'm not withdrawing from tri, just taking a step back to concentrate on du.

• Fairy snuff Cat, come back to it when time allows

• I'm sure I will. Come the hot summer I'll be in the lake, even if only to cool down!

• November approaches usualky my month of doing next to nothing larding up and generally recharging my mojo TBH it can't come soon enough this last month has been a struggle constantly tired left shoulder/ chest is playing up and sos my L achilles fime to go deep switch off and wslk the dog's see you all in Decemberimage

• I wish I liked swimming.  I really do. 

My blisters are looking less carpaccio and more Sunday roast so it's time to get some fresh socks out and get back to it. 

• I enjoy swimming and haven't been for a month .... Work that one out !!

• Evening all image

Not been on here for a while. Been on holiday, and managed a couple of runs (should have been more than a couple, but was coughing up lots of gunk in the mornings and didn't feel like running). So trying to get back on schedule, though jet lag is kicking in a bit. Next week i've got my swim smooth 1:1 training sesh, so hope that goes okay. I'm mostly worried about being rather unfit swim wise, so i hope i don't need to do loads of swimming without a break for gasping furiously, otherwise i may drown.

• Did you have fun on your hols Pea?

Having some off time after Venice marthon but back to the grindstone next week. Core work is going to be top of the bill and swimming for November. I started a swim smooth squad on a Monday night and I also have an adult swim squad on a Wed. I have spent my 'off time' wisely and enjoyed some retail therapy at swim shop.co.uk

• This mornings PT session involved increasing the weight for all of the reps. Cue lots of comedy grunting and gurning and I'm pretty sure my arms are going to hurt tomorrow

• Happychap wrote (see)

Did you have fun on your hols Pea?

I did thanks, it was great image Too short though, i could have done with another week of lounging about. Just been for run and needed long running tights, one buff for a scarf, another buff as hat and a pair of gloves.....a far cry from the tri shorts and t-shirt of Monday's run image Oh well, might as well embrace the freezingness I suppose!!!

• Oooh is it shitty sock time ???    I've been working my sock all day and now its having supper   image

Welcome home eh Lee  image

• My sock is full up with the flu and snot - not attractive sock at all - will beat sock back into line next week.

• I'm in between training schedules, been on a few runs since the Brum half three weeks ago but my Achilles keeps playing up, so at a loss what to do. training for the greater Manchester marathon starts next month so need to be sorted by then! I also need to learn to swim and buy a road bike lol.

• Be very careful with Achilles, they will always certainly come back and bite you .... I speak from bitter experience image

• at a loss what to do, took a week off from running, been foam rolling and stretching it on the stairs. seems fine while I'm actually running but starts to hurt afterwards, actually starting to pee me off a bit lol.

• A week is not nearly enough IMO

If it is stiff in the morning then that is a warning sign
    Rool, stretch, ice, eccentric heel drops 3 x 10 at least twice a day.  Lower the heel off the stair but take the weight back on the 'good' leg, dont overload at this stage.
    Keep at this long in to your come back to running, look at posture and form of running
    Look to the cause of this issue and not just to the rehab
    Dont bike in a hard gear or do too much hill work
    Dont push off from the side of the pool with your foot
    If you are female (hard to say !!) then dont go for totally flat shoes, have a slight raise to take the pressure off the achilles
    lots and lots of massage and ice massage to the achilles ...

;-)

• Often, getting stiff in the morning is a great thing, but sadly not with achilles, as Melds saysimage

• I knew someone would pick up on that Lee and I had my money on Max   image

• Still on my break doing not a lot and getting porky loverlyimage

• Hehehehe! 

RBM, you're setting a bad example for meimage 

• cheers Melds, I'm the guy in the profile pic but I'll draw the line at stilettos! I'm not stiff in the mornings...ahem..normally it's just the rest of the day after a run and normally better the next day, so maybe the damage isn't too bad, I'll definitely carry on with the heel drops though and just take it easy for now, thanks for the advice mateimage

• FWIW I ignored my achilles for waaay too long (kept pushing and racing). In the end I took 4-5 weeks off whilst doing the heel drops, and then started to build the mileage up from scratch again.

It's about 4 months on from restarting running and I'm back running-wise to where I was in March/April.

So that cost me 6-7 months of running in total. Lesson learnt for me, but did vast amounts of cycling image