Outlaw 2014

2»

Comments

• Like you tricoops I'm doing more than Fink week 1, but I like the ability to think nah sod it, I'll swim rather than run etc, I'm getting edgy about t-30.

• I did Marlow Half & the full Challenge Henley this year. First tri-events I'd ever done. All went fine.

I sort of followed Fink but I doubt there was any week where I didn't do more than the Fink plan said. I seem to have a base amount of swim, run and cycling that I do whatever and then I have a month of upping one thing. I'll have a swim month or two when I can do OW again, I do a lot of cycling anyway but some months I was deliberately upping it. Running I find hardest but I entered some half marathons and had to train for them. I'm doing a 10 mile race between Christmas and New Year so December is going to be a run month.

This worked for me and I guess I'll continue in this vein next year (which should be Grafman middle distance, full Outlaw and full Weymouth as long as all goes to plan)

(Edited because I'd forgotten how long the race I'm doing later this month was)

• Complete change of direction on my training. Fink is binned, now have a coach to write me a training plan. It was becoming too stressful trying to fit Fink round work, kids and a wife training for a marathon.

Why did she have to choose this year to attempt to beat (thrash) my marathon time? Of course I will be cheering her every step???