Pirate DIY Half IM, The second coming!

Comments

• Edit: can't type quick enough, this was re Flash not stripping, hahaha. image Yeah, that was a shame.  Obligatory full changes now required from next year on image Hehehe.

Loving the race reports everyone, great work!  Haven't checked out the photos yet, but will do that tonight.  Oh and i'll do a mini race report, even though I slacked off the majority of the hard graft in order to watch men stripping in Q's garage.  Must remember my camera next time.......

• Lee, oh how I wonder how your mind works? ( I've got a good idea).image

• Soup DragonSoup Dragon ✭✭✭

List for next year image

Soupy

• List for next year image

Soupy

Razor

Horse

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Great race reports peeps. image  

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

List for next year image

Soupy

Razor

Horse

SuperCaz (and I might even attempt one lap of the bike and run)

Nudity in T2 should be compulsary for all men.  I'm not worried about the lack of photos as it is permentently etched on my mindimage

• image Caz Razor is a happierly married man chuck image

• Tired badger...the photographer might have been slow on the uptake but the ladies supporting weren't......image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm married too, Cake.  At least for another 2 months anyway.  And there's nothing against looking *looks all innocent*

• List for next year image

Soupy
    Razor
    Horse
    7755Matt (or whatever name he becomes)
    Mrs Matt

• Sunday

Woke stupidly early, had to check work and wait for Doner (i'll be over by 6) Kebab, only find a message from him, hit alarm off, instead of snooze, anyway stumbled downstairs to put the kettle on, Seren's hubby milling about and signs of life the living room as Cake and BBT had slept there, bacon and sausages on the go.

Pirates starting to turn up again Colourin, Britrisky, BBurn Plodder, Mrs Matt, Slagiatt, Button Mushroom, Tired Badger, Paul Platt, Paul's dad and then this guy gets out of a car with a personal trainer hoodie on, at which point every other bloke there sucked their tummies in a little, cut isn't the word.

After much faffing from everyone is was back to pool, racking again, thanks Marshalini, the pool was much quieter and we had 3 lanes cordoned off for our personal use.

Their seemed to be a bit of confusion about who was going in what lane, but eventually they got started and the swim looked to have passed with out incident.

Off to the feed station and was astounded by the amount of people who turned up, mummy SA ran out of cups for the tea and coffee.

Moved to T2 to await the people coming in from the bikes, when DK asks if I want my tat doing, gulp, erm yeah.

By the time we had finished, most people had finished the event and everyone was chatting away, job done.

• A couple of comedy gold moments for me, the look on BBT face when it looked like Tired badger might beat his time from the Saturday, saying it doesn't matter when you tell it did, but far and away the best was my brother in arms Cake agreeing to run with Paul Platt, to show him the way, Paul runs at 7:15min mile Cake doesn't, the result just had to be seen.

• OK almost finished

We had just the best of times, on a par or better than last year, yes.

It was all YOU that made this way, not us.

Jordy had an absolute blast this weekend

massive thanks to ALL that helped, but Lea and Caz for coming so far just to help, amazing.

Marshalini, racking, videos, signs, you have completely bought into what we have been trying achieve, thanks

To my Mum and dad, thanks for everything.

2 people really stood out to me.

Soupy, for showing true pirating to complete so much of the course after a disaster at her last race.

Young Liam, he must take after his mum, because he can't get it from his dadimage showed so much enthusiasm for the whole weekend.

Thanks all again for great, brilliant, awesome weekend

• Aye great report SA! So when can we see a pic of the tat?! arggggg i knew i shouldn't have left early!!!!!!!

• Lee, I understand there is great, fantastic news!!!!!!!

• IronbawsIronbaws ✭✭✭

Great race report SA! Photo of the tatt please! image

• SuperCaz wrote (see)

Hey, I'm married too, Cake.  At least for another 2 months anyway.  And there's nothing against looking *looks all innocent*

looking is ok, but looking with your tongue hanging out is a bit much image

• OK Then just for the ladies image

its quite finished yet, still have a bit of colour to add and the outlaw symbol and a bit of blackening in but

/members/images/281972/Gallery/IMAG0019.jpg

• IronbawsIronbaws ✭✭✭
  • That is FAB!!!!!!! image  Handy having a tattoo artist for a mate, isn't it?!  Hehehe.  How long did that take then?  Did it hurt?!

Oh yeah, and Florida, here I come, woo hoo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 

• only took just over an hour and no not as much I thought it would

• Gosh that's not long, looks like it would have taken a lot longer!!!  Now you've got a taste for it, I bet you'll have a full sleeve by the time i see you next, hahahaha

• it should have taken longer Pea but i rushed it as i wanted to get home quickimage 

• Apologies for the late post - I’ve only just got back online.

Firstly, a HUGE thanks to SA, Mrs SA, Jordy, SA Snr and Mrs SA Snr for hosting an absolutely fantastic weekend. As much as we may have got in the car (with or without caravans) and trundled up/down/left/right to get over to Macc, SA & family let a bunch of mostly strangers into their homes and hosted what was a cracking event. Thanks also to everyone else who contributed, including and especially the kids, who for the most part must have thought that Mum and/or Dad and their friends were out of their minds but supported everyone anyway.

Short and sweet (unlike my race) Race Report;

Swim = 46 mins. Longest ever swim in one go, still feeling strong at the end. Considering I only planned to come along to help on both days I wasn’t really expecting to complete the full HIM, so thought I’d take things slow and steady. Exiting into a wet and cold T1 I went for comfort over speed and put on plenty of layers. At least I wasn’t the only bike in the rack.

Bike = 4hrs. Started off OK, excellent directions and marshalling. Felt good for first few laps, but the bit of a headwind and monotonous hills started to take their toll. The feed station cheers kept the motivation up, although after Button Mushroom’s “It’s relentless” comment that was all I could think of for the last 6 laps. That and how the hell is BBT moving so damn fast. I often found myself taking in the spectacular scenery and forgetting I wasn’t supposed to be on a Sunday ride. I regretted not bringing the TT bike as there was plenty of opportunity (and benefit) for getting on the bars. Sadly I came off the bike feeling OK in the legs but neck/back killing me. Cue a 24 hour T2…

Run = 2.02. Not bad run for me (1.50ish PB) given the undulating course and legs feeling a bit heavy from day before. Started off with Disoriented & Tired Badger, who quickly disappeared into the distance. Most noticeable was the number of locals who were now taking an interest in what the hell was going on and by the end actually shouting cheers of encouragement. The final run up to Chez SA was a great way to close it out; no chance of stopping, but a bit of uphill to rack up the pain. Pure SA logic.

Given I hadn’t expected to do much I was quite chuffed to actually complete the course in the end, albeit in 30:48 image

SA had clearly lied about the hills on the bike, and I had stupidly believed him again when he said that the run was flat. I only hope he doesn’t find a way to tilt the swimming pool or find a fast flowing river to swim against for next year. At least forewarned is forearmed so I now know the terrain to train in for DIY HIM 2014.

I arrived knowing no-one and with a fair degree of trepidation. I left knowing a great bunch of people and what it means to be a Pirate.

MrM

PS I think the pirate baseball hat is mine (left it in the garage?). Doh! Will send address. Soz

Soupy

Razor

Horse

Mrs Matt

MrMonic

• Mr Monic wrote (see)

List for next year image

Soupy

Razor

Horse

Mrs Matt

MrMonic

Pudge

Can I play?

Soupy

Razor

Horse

Mrs Matt

MrMonic

Pudge

Colourin